Plastic surgery ‘booming in UAE despite economic slowdown’

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It appears that all over the world people are the same in wanting to look good. Gosh, as I am getting older, I think I need a complete overhaul.

Plastic surgery ‘booming in UAE despite economic slowdown’

Jennifer Bell

March 6, 2016 Updated: March 6, 2016 11:04 AM

Related

Sales of luxury goods are slowing but plastic surgeons’ business is roaring. Men and women of all ages and nationalities are making use of cosmetic treatments to improve their opportunities at work and their psychological wellbeing.

DUBAI // Plastic surgeons say that business is booming, even though sales of luxury consumer goods are sliding.

Despite falling oil prices, people were willing to invest in the psychological and physical benefits of cosmetic surgery, said Dr Sanjay Parashar, founder of the Cocoona Centre for Aesthetic Transformation.

“So far there has not been any negative effect of any so-called recession on this industry,” he said.

“We have recorded a high growth in the first two months of the year compared to last year.

“I feel people are still spending on their health, wellbeing and appearance. They may not be making major investments in other industries, but the aesthetic industry seems to be steadily growing.”

Rather than seeing a slowdown in plastic surgery business, people are spending more than before, according to Vasilica Baltateanu, founder of Vasilica Aesthetics, a plastic surgery consultancy.

“There is no recession, just an ongoing increase [in business],” she said.

Despite cutbacks in other sectors, people remained willing to spend on their looks, particularly non-surgical enhancements, said Dr Maurizio Viel of London Centre for Aesthetic Surgery in Dubai.

“For some patients, economic conditions do not deter their desire to feel and look better,” he said.

Continue reading at:

Plastic surgery ‘booming in UAE despite economic slowdown’ | The National

i just figure anything i have lifted...is just gonna make everything else look much much lower...plus you cant do much about your hands...maybe with an unlimited budget...gone would be that knee fat...arm flaps...gone....stomach gone....thighs...gone...hump in nose....gone...eyes lifted after lasik (i am too big a coward to have anything done to my eyes) hair restoration...the list just goes on and on...

Forum List

Back