Place your bets here

How long will it take for the Russians to completely take over Ukraine?

• 3 days

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • One week

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • One month

• Six months

• One year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
How long will it take for Russia to completely take over Ukraine? Sure there will be pockets of resistance here and there but generally speaking.

Based on what Russia has amassed in Ukraine, it looks like the Russians are going for the "shock and awe" strategy a la Iraq, overwhelm the Ukrainians by air and ground.
Never.

Not gonna happen.

Take it to the betting window.

:)

Yeah, it's a common tactic of third world countries that when the homefront is falling apart, start a war to distract from the abject failures at home.
The permastate is desperate for war - has been since 2016 - but not gonna happen in Ukraine.

Short answer, I don't think they'll take over the entire country. Too much hatred in the west, it would be hard to control. They'll annex the Russian-speaking pockets in the east that identify as Russian anyway.

And Putin will stare down our stuttering fuck and dare him to do anything.... other than shit his pants.

Ukraine has nukes... It's going to be very ugly very quickly. I hope that it does not go nuclear. IF they feel they are losing all bets are off. It will become very ugly very quickly. IMHO

The more I think about this, IT could become a nuclear event in minutes.
What makes you think Ukraine has nukes, low yield tactical or otherwise?

The way the msm is feverishly reporting it, don't bet too much.
Oh there's a push alright, but Russia just doesn't have the traction.

Better to false flag something with China.

Conflict with the one equals conflict with the other anyway, so why not start with the one that made Bat Flu?

I forgot about that.. But did they?

Because they had long range ICBM's at one time... Short memory?
They gave up their nukes in exchange for a “protection arrangement”.

At least one Ukrainian politician is wondering whether his nation should have kept its nuclear arsenal after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

In 1994 the US, UK, Russia and Ukraine signed the Budapest Memorandum, in which the three powers offered assurances that they would respect Ukraine's territorial integrity. Pavlo Rizanenko, a member of the Ukrainian parliament, is having second thoughts.
"We gave up nuclear weapons because of this agreement," he told USA Today's Larry Copeland. "Now there's a strong sentiment in Ukraine that we made a big mistake."
Mr Rizanenko's logic is sound, writes USA Today's James S Robbins.
"The problem with Ukraine trading its most potent weapons for Russia's promise of good behaviour is now evident," he says.

They gave up their nukes in exchange for a “protection arrangement”.

At least one Ukrainian politician is wondering whether his nation should have kept its nuclear arsenal after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

In 1994 the US, UK, Russia and Ukraine signed the Budapest Memorandum, in which the three powers offered assurances that they would respect Ukraine's territorial integrity. Pavlo Rizanenko, a member of the Ukrainian parliament, is having second thoughts.
"We gave up nuclear weapons because of this agreement," he told USA Today's Larry Copeland. "Now there's a strong sentiment in Ukraine that we made a big mistake."
Mr Rizanenko's logic is sound, writes USA Today's James S Robbins.
"The problem with Ukraine trading its most potent weapons for Russia's promise of good behaviour is now evident," he says.
And the US promised to protect them... And now we have "Cut and Run" Biden who is going to F it up again leaving Americans behind...

I forgot about that.. But did they?

Because they had long range ICBM's at one time... Short memory?
I guess so. I still don't remember knowing they were ever a nuclear weapons power. Hope you are wrong, but will have to look it up. It will definitely close an avenue of advance or wreak destruction on masses of troops, machines, forward supplies, logistical support lines massed, attacking in mass, if you are getting slaughtered and have no hope of defense any other way, though it would probably guarantee your own destruction, though spoiling the prize of a win for the enemy.

Sorry bout that,

1. Its Russia again, this time they mean business, and have dirt of the President of the United States, with his drugged up son, immoral bastard.
2. Moved in on his dead brothers wife, yeah he fucked her and threw her away, just like a useless druggie would.
3. The son of the President, his son, the big fella, the biggest, *loser*, time will tell.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
While off topic a little, is there ANYONE on this board that believes we should fire a Nuck if Russia invades Ukraine?

No? Me either! So then, at what point in time do we stop Russia and China, and how? Only way is conventional warfare, that is it.

Xi and Putin don't run for re-election like our people, they are basically dictators and the fix is in. But, at some point, Europe and the US have to stop expansionism by these 2. Is it over Ukraine? Taiwan? Or rather, should we not try and stop them at all?

It is a vexing question for sure. Nobody that I know wants war of any kind, but at some point we either say that is it, or just let them take over the globe. And, the more territories they acquire, the more assets they have from them, and the less countries we have on our side.

So you (especially Leftists) people make the call. At what point do we engage, or do we never engage?

Sorry bout that,

1. I see a long term gorilla warfare.
2. An unending war, ok its their party, lets not get entangled in it and lose a bunch of people cause of their greed.
3. Biden stabs them Ukrainians in the back, i wonder if more dirt will surface of the Bidens?
4. Release the dirt now, I want to see the shit on the Bidens before the kickoff of this war, which he gives Putin a nod to start.
5. Release the Kraken, *DIRT*!
6. It would be glorious, to help Biden to stiffen up his back and not while the war rages, so he can relax about it.
7. Drop the bomb on his ass, Ukraine, just, *bombs away* on this fucking trash!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Two weeks - one month.

But I still think that won't happen. The sides are just raising stakes between the rounds of negotiations.

Forum List

Back