Pistol caliber carbines

For home defense, I can't think of any downside. Other than them being more difficult to maneuver in tight spaces (compared to a pistol).

I'd say go for it.

For home defense, I can't think of any downside. Other than them being more difficult to maneuver in tight spaces (compared to a pistol).

I'd say go for it.

Yeah they're generally shorter than most rifles.

I am more of a handgun person than rifles. I grew up and lived in the inner city until about 10 years ago and never had a need for a rifle. I have a couple of ranch rifles of larger caliber and a shotgun but I rarely if ever use the rifles. And with all the handgun ammo I have on hand I think a PCC is a good choice.

The only logical reason to have a sidearm and long arm of the same caliber is to reduce ammunition complexity.
Otherwise, logic would be for the rifle to serve the best it can at the greatest distance, meaning caliber and load commensurate. Pistol caliber depends on a lot of other considerations.

I have two levers in pistol caliber, both Uberti, both in .357, both carbines. One is 1892 model, the other is 1873.

Both are light, easy to handle tack-hammers (even with my middlin' marksmanship) with negligible recoil.

I am slightly more partial to the 1873 ... the straight-in feed is less likely to jam than the feed up 1892.

I have two levers in pistol caliber, both Uberti, both in .357, both carbines. One is 1892 model, the other is 1873.

Both are light, easy to handle tack-hammers (even with my middlin' marksmanship) with negligible recoil.

I am slightly more partial to the 1873 ... the straight-in feed is less likely to jam than the feed up 1892.
.357 would be a good choice if there had to be one.

Does anyone ere have any experience with a PCC?

I'm trying to see the downside of one of these for home defense.

The AR 9 takes glock magazines, so it could be handy if you already have a glock.

I like the 12 gauge for home defense, it clears out a room pretty fast...

The AR 9 takes glock magazines, so it could be handy if you already have a glock.

Hard to beat a shotgun for that.

The only logical reason to have a sidearm and long arm of the same caliber is to reduce ammunition complexity.
Otherwise, logic would be for the rifle to serve the best it can at the greatest distance, meaning caliber and load commensurate. Pistol caliber depends on a lot of other considerations.
That's one of my main reasons.

I just don't use my rifles for much. I don't hunt and I have several handguns because my primary use of guns is for concealed carry.

yeah I was looking at something bigger than a 9mm. The .45 ACP is the one I'm leaning towards.

I agree. My wife doesn't like the shotgun though.

Why dont you just buy a shotgun?
I have one but my wife isn't comfortable shooting it.

And besides I have a lot of pistol ammo so it just makes sense. Low recoil, faster muzzle velocities and hollow point rounds sound like a good home defense weapon

Then why would she like a rifle? If home defense is a real, present danger, and if she is petite as women often are, a .22 or .25 for her would be something effective at close range and easy for a small person to handle.

yeah I was looking at something bigger than a 9mm. The .45 ACP is the one I'm leaning towards.

Home defense? Just a thought, you might not want a round that passes through walls into room where there might be family you don't want to shoot.

A shotgun alleviates some of that risk.

Then why would she like a rifle? If home defense is a real, present danger, and if she is petite as women often are, a .22 or .25 for her would be something effective at close range and easy for a small person to handle.

A PCC is low recoil. The ones I've fired don't kick worse than a .22. A PCC is going to be shorter than a shotgun or a rifle.

Home defense? Just a thought, you might not want a round that passes through walls into room where there might be family you don't want to shoot.

A shotgun alleviates some of that risk.
So do hollow points which is what I have in several pistol calibers.

I have a friend who calls my .357 lever a 'girl gun' because of its light weight and negligible recoil.

New Topics

Forum List

Back