Pfizer, Audi, General Motors, General Mills, stop advertising on Twitter

200.gif

I don't blame Pfizer. imagine Elon Musk letting everyone spread kooky conspiracy theories about their vaccine? why would Pfizer be ok with that?

They were probably considering cuts anyways and are now just virtual signalling, it's all about optics inn 2022.

Jimmy Kimmel just said that he lost half of his fanbase "maybe more" because of his Trump jokes. Are there any financially competent executives who advertise on ABC who pull their ads? They better be demanding HUGE discounts if they don't.

Last edited:
I don't blame Pfizer. imagine Elon Musk letting everyone spread kooky conspiracy theories about their vaccine? why would Pfizer be ok with that?
Seems a bit reactionary to me.

I have looked at Twitter more in the past few days than I have in the previous 2 years....there didn't seem to be much difference.

I understand "making a statement" but if you're a corporation and your strategy is working...you owe it to your shareholders to not be reactionary.

Seems a bit reactionary to me.

I have looked at Twitter more in the past few days than I have in the previous 2 years....there didn't seem to be much difference.

I understand "making a statement" but if you're a corporation and your strategy is working...you owe it to your shareholders to not be reactionary.
After the election and the same shit happens, you can kill and exterminate each other.

Meh. I don't use Twitter, Audi, Pfizer or GM anyway. General Mills? Very limited and I'm not influenced by their ads--no loss.

Of course you won't. But Elon will. Lose too many advertisers and he'll have to dump even more of his money into a company that he already overpaid for. And cutting staff to the bone won't help. It'll just become Parler or Truth Social. Rotsa ruck with that. And I don't think he'll like the types of advertising dollars that will be coming his way once the primary advertisers take their money elsewhere.

Either way, watching that turd of a egomaniac billionaire squirm will be a lot of fun. :)

Meh. I don't use Twitter, Audi, Pfizer or GM anyway. General Mills? Very limited and I'm not influenced by their ads--no loss.

Isn't General Mills the company that produces a wide array of high sugar, high carb cereals? If so, I don't personally eat their food anymore either.

Well that shows you which companies you shouldn't give your money to.

If someone promotes free speech and not censoring people, anyone who protests is the enemy.

There will be placement advertisers lining up to take their place.
These Corporations who are against freedom of speech are fascist and they should be banned anyway.
The Left is going to try to destroy Twitters now that Twitter is no longer a far left extremist totalitarian platform for spewing hate and interfering with our elections.
There will be Left Wingers posting all kinds of racist comments to try and embarrass Twitter.
Hopefully they will get banned.
It's great that Musk fired the racist Twitter CEO Parag Agawal.

Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal accused of racism over tweet asking …

Nov 29 2021
NEW Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal has been accused of racism over a tweet asking, "why should I distinguish between white people and racists?" For context, the tweet, from 2010, was …

Forum List

Back