PETITION: Voters target Electoral College members to switch their Trump ballots, elect Clinton

It'll be interesting to see if Hillary actually gets all 232 elector votes she's expected to receive.

Some who are still upset about Bernie's treatment could vote against her.

Faithless electors do not disregard a constitutionally established process, they act completely within the rules of a constitutionally established process. They may disregard the laws of their state if that state is one that has created such.
Faithless electors violate the will of the people.
They do, but the Electoral College was put in place as one last backstop against mob rule. As such, they can vote for what they feel is best. It is actually their responsibility to do so. And if they decide to overturn the results of an election, they are well within their rights to do so.

That said, in reality the Electors won't overturn the election, and if they did Congress would refuse to validate the results, tossing us to the Constitutional solution and giving Trump and Pence the Presidency and Vice Presidency regardless. So this is a bit futile. The only way to stop a Trump presidency at this point would be to convince the Electors to toss out the election results in their state (unlikely), exercise their Constitutional responsibility and vote for whom they think is best (unlikely), convince them the best result is not Trump (unlikely), convince enough of them that the best result is not only not Trump, but a compromise outcome (unlikely), then get Congress to either accept the Elector's result (unlikely if it violates the State by State results) or select someone other than Trump once it falls under their purview (Very unlikely).

At this point, if you're betting, Trump is pretty much a near certainty. If you want odds for someone other than Trump, I'd tell you Evan McMullin has a far greater chance than Hillary as the kind of folks that would have to defect from Trump to make this work are far far more likely to pick him than Hillary.

This was even only remotely viable if Trump ended up losing Michigan. With the EV count he has now, far too many electors would have to decide to go Rogue.

It'll be interesting to see if Hillary actually gets all 232 elector votes she's expected to receive.

It would be delicious, would it not, for this whole thing to backfire on the agitators? They get their faithless electors, who vote for Trump. Love it.

Don't forget to sign up.

Hope you plan on leaving the board after December 19th.

Because your humiliation will be complete.

You corkers completely blew it.

At one point:

1. Trump could never win.
2. Trump self destructs on at least two occasions.
3. Hillary is up by 7 points with less than a month to go.
4. The democrats were supposed to win the senate.
5. The democrats were going to appoint two or three liberal judges.
6. The democrats thought they had a path to taking the house.
7. Trump was going to get creamed and take all kinds of senators and congresspeoeple down the tubes with him.......

Then....in one night......

You don't get shit.

And all you can do is howl like your avatar about your huge butthurt.

So, let's finish this off and you can go somewhere and pout for the next four years (I suggest Cuba).

You complain about the media screwing Clinton and all the lies.

But all you did was spam this board with bullshit.

Go fuck yourself.

Faithless electors do not disregard a constitutionally established process, they act completely within the rules of a constitutionally established process. They may disregard the laws of their state if that state is one that has created such.
They do, but the Electoral College was put in place as one last backstop against mob rule. As such, they can vote for what they feel is best. It is actually their responsibility to do so. And if they decide to overturn the results of an election, they are well within their rights to do so.

That said, in reality the Electors won't overturn the election, and if they did Congress would refuse to validate the results, tossing us to the Constitutional solution and giving Trump and Pence the Presidency and Vice Presidency regardless. So this is a bit futile. The only way to stop a Trump presidency at this point would be to convince the Electors to toss out the election results in their state (unlikely), exercise their Constitutional responsibility and vote for whom they think is best (unlikely), convince them the best result is not Trump (unlikely), convince enough of them that the best result is not only not Trump, but a compromise outcome (unlikely), then get Congress to either accept the Elector's result (unlikely if it violates the State by State results) or select someone other than Trump once it falls under their purview (Very unlikely).

At this point, if you're betting, Trump is pretty much a near certainty. If you want odds for someone other than Trump, I'd tell you Evan McMullin has a far greater chance than Hillary as the kind of folks that would have to defect from Trump to make this work are far far more likely to pick him than Hillary.

This was even only remotely viable if Trump ended up losing Michigan. With the EV count he has now, far too many electors would have to decide to go Rogue.
Yeah, I'd agree about that. I haven't checked on Michigan's outcome recently. Last I checked it was close and expected to be certified for Trump. Assuming that held, it'd be highly unlikely that many would defect from Trump to Hillary.

The only, and I mean only, chance that the Electors defect is if something impeachment level came out about Trump in the next few days. The Electors vote December 19th. It would take time for any revelation that was of that caliber to hit the news, be investigated, and be found to be of that level of seriousness. Then the Electors would have to come up with plan B. And all of that? IT isn't going to happen.

On top of that, if you're an Elector the votes cast send a clear message that folks did NOT want Hillary Clinton. There's no way the Electors would pick her even if Trump became that level of a disaster. I'd be fairly certain that if the Electors turned on Trump, they'd pick Pence.

It would be delicious, would it not, for this whole thing to backfire on the agitators? They get their faithless electors, who vote for Trump. Love it.
As I understand, even prior to the election there was at least one Elector who indicated that he was voting for Trump regardless of his state's results. I see no reason to doubt he'd go forward with his plans.

Yeah, I'd agree about that. I haven't checked on Michigan's outcome recently. Last I checked it was close and expected to be certified for Trump. Assuming that held, it'd be highly unlikely that many would defect from Trump to Hillary.

The only, and I mean only, chance that the Electors defect is if something impeachment level came out about Trump in the next few days. The Electors vote December 19th. It would take time for any revelation that was of that caliber to hit the news, be investigated, and be found to be of that level of seriousness. Then the Electors would have to come up with plan B. And all of that? IT isn't going to happen.

On top of that, if you're an Elector the votes cast send a clear message that folks did NOT want Hillary Clinton. There's no way the Electors would pick her even if Trump became that level of a disaster. I'd be fairly certain that if the Electors turned on Trump, they'd pick Pence.

Democrats can bring up the popular vote, and in that situation it may be a factor. (Assuming Trump is found out to be a serial killer or something of that magnitude, as you said, it would have to be pretty serious stuff).

Democrats can bring up the popular vote, and in that situation it may be a factor. (Assuming Trump is found out to be a serial killer or something of that magnitude, as you said, it would have to be pretty serious stuff).
They could bring up the national vote totals, but the truth is, she lost the Electoral College. I just don't see the Electors heading to her in any circumstance. Far more likely they go for Pence in order to respect the wishes of the folks that turned out to vote GOP.

And yeah, it'd take Trump being outed as a serial killer at this point. He's weathered allegations of corruption, ties to Russia, sexual assault, and numerous felonies for well past a year at this point. Short of murdering someone, he's going to be President.

584ef2bb1800002d00e42310.jpeg

Electoral College Members Request Intel...

Ex-CIA Heavy: Russia Hacks ‘The Political Equivalent Of 9/11’...

Bipartisan Anger Grows Over Election Interference...

McConnell Backs Probe...

Ryan Gives Bizarre, Noncommittal Response To Meddling...

Trump Trashes CIA’s Findings: ‘I Don’t Believe It’...

Bolton Pushes ‘False Flag’ Conspiracy Theory...

Team Trump Goes On Defense Over Electoral College Lawsuit...

COUNTDOWN: 7 Days Until Electors Officially Cast Votes...

Go Hillary!!!!!

Forum List

Back