Zone1 Personal Verbal Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I start a thread about civil discourse and everyone starts making snide remarks toward other posters. :)

Being a moderator on this site is a challenge and I can empthasize with them. It is like trying to manage a bunch of unruly children.

They could save themselves a lot of work by consistency in enforcement. Apparently they don't consider that an option. And, they admit they don't read threads, they just cater to sniveling buddies and their butt hurtness.

Excellent.
“I’m a longtime listener but first time caller and I just wanted to call to let you know how great your show is. Even the latest thread. Masterpiece material. Can’t thank you enough. Stay frosty, brah!”

They could save themselves a lot of work by consistency in enforcement. Apparently they don't consider that an option. And, they admit they don't read threads, they just cater to sniveling buddies and their butt hurtness.
Not sure that’s quite true. I’ve even seen a moderator on this very thread.

I wasn't complaining; I pointed out I don't bother to do that, since the moderation is highly selective and there is no point. Neither is 'dialoguing' with a mod. Been there done that, on several boards. I don't waste my time on that any more.
I haven't found the moderation to be 'highly selective' for the most part though it does happen on occasion because we are dealing with human beings. And I have found dialoguing with the moderators when there is cause to do so sometimes a bit frustrating but for the most part a quite good experience.

These people volunteer their services. They don't get paid. And what they do is often quite unappreciated and often criticized. Having been there and understanding that, I try to give them as little grief as possible and overlook what few disagreements I have with their judgment on whatever issue.

As far as what verbal attacks are involved, I honestly don't know where the line should be drawn there. But I guess drawing it at accusing other members of prosecutable crimes is as good a place as any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back