Perhaps people should come to terms Noah is likely real

[
What does that link have to do with anything?

You have to understand ding's MO.

The OP is an obvious logical fallacy about something ding deeply cares about. So he posts another logical fallacy by diverting the discussion to something different so he can proselytize about his religion.
I understand that both you and FortFun don’t believe a world wide flood ever happened and that the account in Genesis is a fairytale.

I am correcting your belief and exposing your ignorance and bias.

[

The OP is an obvious logical fallacy about something ding deeply cares about. So he posts another logical fallacy by diverting the discussion to something different so he can proselytize about his religion.
You never did answer my question. do you know what would happen if you unleashed the energy of 700 1-megaton nuclear bombs in the northern polar region and instantly vaporized 1500 gigatons of ice?

[

I understand that both you and toro don’t believe a world wide flood ever happened and that the account in Genesis is a fairytale.

^^^^^^
This is ding backpeddling. And exposing his ignorance and bias.

Nobody is saying that a giant flood didn't happen.

What people are saying is that Noah's Ark didn't happen.

But ding is confusing the two.

Let's revisit.

The OP posts a link about continental shelves being underwater as evidence that Noah really happened.

ding intervenes by posting irrelevant shit to the OP.

[

I understand that both you and toro don’t believe a world wide flood ever happened and that the account in Genesis is a fairytale.

^^^^^^
This is ding backpeddling. And exposing his ignorance and bias.

Nobody is saying that a giant flood didn't happen.

What people are saying is that Noah's Ark didn't happen.

But ding is confusing the two.
Again, what part of allegorical account is beyond your intellectual processing capacity?

Let's revisit.

The OP posts a link about continental shelves being underwater as evidence that Noah really happened.

It’s not irrelevant. I am explaining how water was redistributed globally from ice to water.

Let's revisit.

Are you going to cry?

Let's revisit.

It’s not irrelevant. I am explaining how water was redistributed globally from ice to water.

If you want to discuss this topic, start your own branch. It's irrelevant to the OP.

Let's revisit.

If you want to discuss this topic, start your own branch. It's irrelevant to the OP.
It is totally relevant.

I’m sorry I’m not joining in on your tearing down the OP to make yourself feel better about yourself.

but I am offering a different explanation for the flood account in Genesis.

Except for the fact that there is not enough water on the planet to cover the entire surface.

Not to mention the whole "saving the animals 2 by 2" thing would only work locally.
Of course there is.
Interesting point. I’ve never given that any thought before. But it might make sense if you include the water vapor in the atmosphere and the surface ice.

Allegorical accounts were how they passed down knowledge and historical events from one generation to the next, Einstein. These accounts were passed down orally for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing.

They did so to make it easier to remember and pass down. They didn’t have computers, you know.

I have a book where the author of it discovered how descendants from ancient cultures have preserved their folklore without mixing it with foreign influence.

I was happy to know one of the ways how ancient people used to pass information from one generation to another before writing. And yes, allegory is a must.

Allegorical accounts were how they passed down knowledge and historical events from one generation to the next, Einstein. These accounts were passed down orally for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing.

They did so to make it easier to remember and pass down. They didn’t have computers, you know.

I have a book where the author of it discovered how descendants from ancient cultures have preserved their folklore without mixing it with foreign influence.

I was happy to know one of the ways how ancient people used to pass information from one generation to another before writing. And yes, allegory is a must.
Thanks. It’s pretty much common sense really. The Chinese used everyday things and commonly known stories to make the symbols in their written language easier to remember. The same would be true for oral accounts of knowledge, history and wisdom. They told stories to make them easier to remember.

I remember reading somewhere that the reason Jewish people are so smart is because of their tradition of telling stories.

it seems that the extensive use of language (written or oral) and the use of telling stories sharpens the mind. Seems plausible to me.

Except for the fact that there is not enough water on the planet to cover the entire surface.

Not to mention the whole "saving the animals 2 by 2" thing would only work locally.
Of course there is.
Interesting point. I’ve never given that any thought before. But it might make sense if you include the water vapor in the atmosphere and the surface ice.
AND....
God said He opened up the depths of the earth.

Of course we've been thru this before, an God haters convince themselves that's impossible and that all the water trapped under the earth cannot be released.

I believe God.

Is that all? Lol.

The "great light" right before the Mabul (deluge) has been recorded already as a legend, and with the discovery of the "crater" in Greenland, the vindication has been obtained of that narration as historical event because such a meteor indeed will cause a great light in the sky before hitting earth..

Even more. Lets play that meteor hits the earth and the impact will cause such a shaking.

Such an impact will also cause the reversal of poles. Planet earth will continue rotating but the guys in the South are now at the north, and what was the sunset on the east before after that impact changed to be on the west... and they will record that change as well.

Now, it is time to vindicated this other legend as a true historical event as well: the reversal of the poles.

(However, the reversal of poles fits better when the events known as "the plagues of Egypt" happened)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back