Perhaps people should come to terms Noah is likely real

Thanks. It’s pretty much common sense really. The Chinese used everyday things and commonly known stories to make the symbols in their written language easier to remember. The same would be true for oral accounts of knowledge, history and wisdom. They told stories to make them easier to remember.

I remember reading somewhere that the reason Jewish people are so smart is because of their tradition of telling stories.

it seems that the extensive use of language (written or oral) and the use of telling stories sharpens the mind. Seems plausible to me.

Jews... smart people?

You aren't telling us stories, do you?

(Just jocking)

earth-ocean-ringwoodite.jpg

Thanks. It’s pretty much common sense really. The Chinese used everyday things and commonly known stories to make the symbols in their written language easier to remember. The same would be true for oral accounts of knowledge, history and wisdom. They told stories to make them easier to remember.

I remember reading somewhere that the reason Jewish people are so smart is because of their tradition of telling stories.

it seems that the extensive use of language (written or oral) and the use of telling stories sharpens the mind. Seems plausible to me.

Jews... smart people?

You aren't telling us stories, do you?

(Just jocking)
I don’t think so.

Is that all? Lol.

The "great light" right before the Mabul (deluge) has been recorded already as a legend, and with the discovery of the "crater" in Greenland, the vindication has been obtained of that narration as historical event because such a meteor indeed will cause a great light in the sky before hitting earth..

Even more. Lets play that meteor hits the earth and the impact will cause such a shaking.

Such an impact will also cause the reversal of poles. Planet earth will continue rotating but the guys in the South are now at the north, and what was the sunset on the east before after that impact changed to be on the west... and they will record that change as well.

Now, it is time to vindicated this other legend as a true historical event as well: the reversal of the poles.

(However, the reversal of poles fits better when the events known as "the plagues of Egypt" happened)
Why would a meteor strike cause a polarity reversal?

[
What does that link have to do with anything?

You have to understand ding's MO.

The OP is an obvious logical fallacy about something ding deeply cares about. So he posts another logical fallacy by diverting the discussion to something different so he can proselytize about his religion.

:5_1_12024: We have a winner:5_1_12024: though I can't speak for Ding or against.

First time I've seen someone use logical fallacy correctly on this board. Sure hear it a lot. If I had a dollar every time I've read "Straw-man's argument", wholly shit.

I have respect for old & ancient, I think there's something to a lot of it. Noah's story isn't magic, it's not like he parted a sea. If I can save myself with ironic timing & events, I figure Noah can do much better...........AKA, logical fallacy.

Last edited:
Your claim is that this caused a global flood, this accounting for the stories of flood across all major cultures

If true, then we no longer need an iron aged myth from just one particular culture or religion to explain it. The Noah myth would become even more mythical, if it could do so.
Again it isn’t a myth. It is an allegorical account of a historical event. That’s how ancient man passed down information and knowledge. Through oral accounts. Allegory made it easier to remember and pass down.

the account of the Tower of Babel isn’t a myth either. It is the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. Which was also a historical event.

Shit happens. As a small example, I knew I was in a bad area due to a flash flood hit 2014. Required a lot of clean-up & improvements. The following year bunches of ideal rock almost literally fell on my lap, 30 feet from the covert. I didn't even have to order it, it just happened, and wasn't govt. doing - trust me. So I built channels, and a 5 x 280 foot levee - shovel and wheel barrel. Six months later the covert ran for a second time in 17 years, and it didn't stop for three months, a record year. Left a trench below me 3.5 feet deep and wide, and it ran the following two winters too. I'd have been so fucked. It would have destroyed my house and property.

Shit happens. Noah is LIKELY a true story, mine is just a simple comparison. Here's a study suggesting the world was under water. Perhaps it wasn't the first or last. ESTIMATED 3 billion years ago, I can't help feel there's a correlation Noah lived 950 years.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/earth-may-waterworld-without-continents-163010000.html
The Noah myth has been conclusively proven false, as it is related in the Bible. The debate is over.
Massive crater under Greenland’s ice points to climate-altering impact in the time of humans
Fascinating article.

Shit happens. As a small example, I knew I was in a bad area due to a flash flood hit 2014. Required a lot of clean-up & improvements. The following year bunches of ideal rock almost literally fell on my lap, 30 feet from the covert. I didn't even have to order it, it just happened, and wasn't govt. doing - trust me. So I built channels, and a 5 x 280 foot levee - shovel and wheel barrel. Six months later the covert ran for a second time in 17 years, and it didn't stop for three months, a record year. Left a trench below me 3.5 feet deep and wide, and it ran the following two winters too. I'd have been so fucked. It would have destroyed my house and property.

Shit happens. Noah is LIKELY a true story, mine is just a simple comparison. Here's a study suggesting the world was under water. Perhaps it wasn't the first or last. ESTIMATED 3 billion years ago, I can't help feel there's a correlation Noah lived 950 years.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/earth-may-waterworld-without-continents-163010000.html
The Noah myth has been conclusively proven false, as it is related in the Bible. The debate is over.
Massive crater under Greenland’s ice points to climate-altering impact in the time of humans
What does that link have to do with anything?
Because it is the best explanation for the ancient accounts of a world wide flood that all major cultures have.
Like I think you said, ancient man didn't know the "whole" world, only his neck of the woods. It seems to be pretty established theory that the coastal areas around the Mediterranean and Black Seas flooded at the end of the last ice age due to a big rise in the Atlantic Ocean, from melt water. If this Hiawatha crater is what they think it is, it may have done the deed, but I don't think it necessarily flooded the whole world, ding. All of the earliest civilizations grew up around seas or river systems, for obvious reasons. Over time, they would have all flooded but I don't think every flood that was spoken of by ancient man happened at the same time. A rise in the Atlantic Ocean would not have caused a flood in India or China, I don't think anyway.

Again it isn’t a myth. It is an allegorical account of a historical event.
No, it's a myth, since it involves magic. And because they believed it to be fact. It is mythology, same as the Greek gods. Assigning allegory to the Greek gods doesn't make them any less a myth. You only have the luxury of calling it allegorical,because science has shown you it is false.

the account of the Tower of Babel isn’t a myth either.
It, of course, is. Anyone with any perspective sees this. A person steeped in this mythology wants to believe his personally preferred mythology is "special", and so does not want to see or admit this.

No, it's a myth, since it involves magic. And because they believed it to be fact. It is mythology, same as the Greek gods. Assigning allegory to the Greek gods doesn't make them any less a myth. You only have the luxury of calling it allegorical,because science has shown you it is false.

the account of the Tower of Babel isn’t a myth either.
It, of course, is. Anyone with any perspective sees this. A person steeped in this mythology wants to believe his personally preferred mythology is "special", and so does not want to see or admit this.
It doesn’t involve magic. That’s you needing to believe that.

Except for the fact that there is not enough water on the planet to cover the entire surface.

Not to mention the whole "saving the animals 2 by 2" thing would only work locally.
Marine fossils on Everest were planted ?

Obviously not. But trilobites and other shelled creatures did not travel such distances in 40 days.

The mountains rose. And they are still rising.

Did Noah go to South America, get 2 sloths and then take them back when the waters went back to normal?
When Christ comes, all The Mountains will be Made Low and The Valleys High. No more Mountains, so He'll reverse the Tectonics

False. Putting two of each creature on a boat for 40 says is obviously absurd and is magical. Why are you like this? What is wrong with your brain?

God didn't put two of each creature on the boat. He didn't put two of each species on the boat. He put 2 of a kind on the boat. Approx. 7,000 animals.
In other words, He did not put 2 Poodles, 2 Dingoes, and 2 wolves on the boat. He put 2 canines on the boat. There was ample room for the animals, their feed and the people on board. A replica was built to specs and is the largest wooden structure in the world. And a perfect flotation device. Not bad for a man who had never built a boat before. He must have had help...
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
False. It's a myth. And the ignorant, superstitious people who passed it on and wrote it into the iron aged handbook believed it as true.

God didn't put two of each creature on the boat. He didn't put two of each species on the boat. He put 2 of a kind on the boat. Approx. 7,000 animals.
Haha, now you know how many animals.

Come on.

What an absurd idea. You know we know for a fact this myth is false?

False. It's a myth. And the ignorant, superstitious people who passed it on and wrote it into the iron aged handbook believed it as true.
That's funny because I just showed you the science behind the so called flood myth and explained how Genesis captured the history of the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

I believe your problem is that you have an ax to grind with Christianity because you are gay and super bitter. Is that a myth too?

Forum List

Back