Perfect description of today's Right-Wing wackos

So now the truth. Sykes is a McMullin backer and a Never Trumper.

The OP is based on a lie. But what isn't these days when a progressive attempts to carve out a platform that conservatives are nutjobs and quotes a never trumper.

This is from a Charlie Sykes Op-Ed about Alex Jones:

Mr. Jones, Matt Drudge and President Trump himself have played a role in reviving what Richard Hofstadter called “The Paranoid Style in American Politics.” Reread in light of today’s politics, Hofstadter’s 1964 essay seems eerily prescient.

The paranoid spokesman, he wrote, saw the world “in apocalyptic terms — he traffics in the birth and death of whole worlds, whole political orders, whole systems of human values. He is always manning the barricades of civilization. He constantly lives at a turning point.”

At the center of the paranoid worldview, Hofstadter wrote, was a sense on the right that “America has been largely taken away from them and their kind, though they are determined to try to repossess it and to prevent the final destructive act of subversion.”

Since the situation is so dire and the stakes so high, the paranoid spokesman is not interested in half-measures. “He does not see social conflict as something to be mediated and compromised, in the manner of the working politician,” Hofstadter wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/17/opinion/sunday/the-danger-of-ignoring-alex-jones.html
Lol! You guys make up some dumb shit. Thanks for the laugh.
"You guys"? Charlie Sykes is a conservative talk show host in Wisconsin, buddies with Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, Reince Priebus.

Son of a bitch backed Evan McMullin. He can go straight to RINO hell. Don't ever try to snow anyone that this asshole is a conservative.
So, in your world Evan McMullin and Charlie Sykes are not conservatives, but Donald Trump is????

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

I gave the thread and the OP the same respect it gave me.

None.

So this thread hurt your feelings, and that's why you won't read the article?
I did read the article............I'm addressing the intent.

And after looking at other articles why should I care what the New York Times said anyway. I don't watch infowars......but I know that the NYT is a mouthpiece for the left............who have been getting called out on Fake news lately. too bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/business/media/megyn-kelly-alex-jones-newtown.html

Kelly got fired over this...........

New York Times Corrects Fake News Editorial Blaming Sarah Palin for Shooting - Breitbart

example of fake news

So now the truth. Sykes is a McMullin backer and a Never Trumper.

The OP is based on a lie. But what isn't these days when a progressive attempts to carve out a platform that conservatives are nutjobs and quotes a never trumper.
You didn't read the OP, and you didn't read the article I grabbed it from, dumbass.

Seemed fitting..............left wing wacko did this...................as the OP straw mans us.............so what.

Did you read the article in the OP?

Or did you just read the headline, and think that was enough?
I read what was posted primarily the bold.......................either way it's an ideological attack thread now isn't it.

If you decide to take this thread as an "ideological attack", that's on you.

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse, and in the long run, dangerous for democracy.

1. The thread title portends an ideological attack. You don't start an intelligent discussion by calling people wackos. Seems I recall a rule for zone 2 expressly noting thread titles as a reason to move threads form zone 2 forums.

Zone 2 Posting Rules

2. The left has been calling their opposition evil and accusing them of killing people for decades. It was one of the principle tactics in Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. The very principles your dear leader ascribed to and taught.

So pot, meet kettle.

1. It's an attack, if you want to feel like a victim. If you decide that you are personally part of the "right wing wackos" the OP is talking about, then you can feel hurt by it, and use that as a way to avoid the topic.

The topic, on the other hand, is legitimate.

2. If you like, you are welcome to provide examples to support your argument that "The left" has been doing this for decades. But that isn't really the point, is it?

How is the topic legitimate? It's more silly nonsence that the government is on the up and up...and any detractors are silly conspiracy...

This is from a Charlie Sykes Op-Ed about Alex Jones:

Mr. Jones, Matt Drudge and President Trump himself have played a role in reviving what Richard Hofstadter called “The Paranoid Style in American Politics.” Reread in light of today’s politics, Hofstadter’s 1964 essay seems eerily prescient.

The paranoid spokesman, he wrote, saw the world “in apocalyptic terms — he traffics in the birth and death of whole worlds, whole political orders, whole systems of human values. He is always manning the barricades of civilization. He constantly lives at a turning point.”

At the center of the paranoid worldview, Hofstadter wrote, was a sense on the right that “America has been largely taken away from them and their kind, though they are determined to try to repossess it and to prevent the final destructive act of subversion.”

Since the situation is so dire and the stakes so high, the paranoid spokesman is not interested in half-measures. “He does not see social conflict as something to be mediated and compromised, in the manner of the working politician,” Hofstadter wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/17/opinion/sunday/the-danger-of-ignoring-alex-jones.html
Lol! You guys make up some dumb shit. Thanks for the laugh.
"You guys"? Charlie Sykes is a conservative talk show host in Wisconsin, buddies with Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, Reince Priebus.

Son of a bitch backed Evan McMullin. He can go straight to RINO hell. Don't ever try to snow anyone that this asshole is a conservative.
So, in your world Evan McMullin and Charlie Sykes are not conservatives, but Donald Trump is????

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

You obviously are ignorant of the McMullin platform.

Lets look at more lies from the New York Times..................RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSA

Let's hear it from Comey under testimoney.

Collusion with Russia, NYT best fiction ops....with Trump........but it was a lie..........

Did you read the article in the OP?

Or did you just read the headline, and think that was enough?
I read what was posted primarily the bold.......................either way it's an ideological attack thread now isn't it.

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse, and in the long run, dangerous for democracy.

1. The thread title portends an ideological attack. You don't start an intelligent discussion by calling people wackos. Seems I recall a rule for zone 2 expressly noting thread titles as a reason to move threads form zone 2 forums.

Zone 2 Posting Rules

2. The left has been calling their opposition evil and accusing them of killing people for decades. It was one of the principle tactics in Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. The very principles your dear leader ascribed to and taught.

So pot, meet kettle.

1. It's an attack, if you want to feel like a victim. If you decide that you are personally part of the "right wing wackos" the OP is talking about, then you can feel hurt by it, and use that as a way to avoid the topic.

2. If you like, you are welcome to provide examples to support your argument that "The left" has been doing this for decades. But that isn't really the point, is it?

How is the topic legitimate? It's more silly nonsence that the government is on the up and up...and any detractors are silly conspiracy...

:lol:

So you didn't read the article either.

I think you missed the point. Maybe you should try reading it again.
What point have I missed? The first bolded paragraph describes so many on this forum who are hysterical over stopping Democrats from totally destroying America - that we're in our last throes as a free society because of the evil Liberals.

I think you need to look at what post I was responding to.
Sorry. That's a big problem with the Ignore List - it totally hides the Ignored instead of just hiding their content. I've been happily ignoring bripat for years now. :)
Yeah, that's because you're a coward.
No, you're just a moron who is not worth my time.
ROFL! Yeah, getting a royal ass kicking "isn't worth your time."

I gave the thread and the OP the same respect it gave me.

None.

So this thread hurt your feelings, and that's why you won't read the article?
I did read the article............I'm addressing the intent.

And after looking at other articles why should I care what the New York Times said anyway. I don't watch infowars......but I know that the NYT is a mouthpiece for the left............who have been getting called out on Fake news lately. too bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/business/media/megyn-kelly-alex-jones-newtown.html

Kelly got fired over this...........

New York Times Corrects Fake News Editorial Blaming Sarah Palin for Shooting - Breitbart

example of fake news

If you read the article, why are you refusing to discuss it's content entirely?

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse.

Who is making every utterance or action of the Trump administration into a battle between good and evil? It's worse than that, even. They are saying that Trump will destroy the Earth.
I've taken you off Ignore for this thread.

Why are you introducing Trump into this thread? The OP is not about Trump. The part I quoted mentions him, but the point of the OP is that an essay written in 1964 describes a sizable segment of conservatives in 2017: constantly paranoid that Democrats are about to irrevocably destroy America. We heard it in 2008, and then when Obama actually helped save the country from financial ruin, we heard it again in 2012, that Obama was going to destroy the country. Hillary is going to destroy the country. Bernie is going to destroy the country. Apocalyptic hysteria. Well-represented on USMB.
"Paranoia" describes leftwingers, if it describes anyone.
From the "Obama is a secret Muslim agent" crowd, that's a laugh.
I'm not part of that crowd, snowflake. However, that claim is far more credible than the snowflake claim that Trump "colluded" with the Russians to steal the election from Hillary.

Just an FYI I have no love for Alex. Cripes he makes Coast to Coast look like Good Morning America. He pissed me clean off when he took the Bundy debacle and turned it into a Harry Reid fiasco instead of concentrating on the truth that was based in the governments takeover of Nevada lands on a pay to pollute scheme.

That as a eco conservative pisses me off to this day.

Zone 2 Posting Rules

So pot, meet kettle.

So you didn't read the article either.

I did like I said twice, again all I see is an OP Ed who is hurt that someone might upset the apple cart...and writes he has no idea why someone shot up a ball park..

We see the hodgkinsons disease all the time on these boards..

James T. Hodgkinson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Hodgkinson shared a post from “Republicans Suck,” saying, “Republicans Hate Women, Minorities, Working Class People, & Most All (99%) of the People of the Country.”

He also wrote, “Trump is Guilty & Should Go to Prison for Treason” and “Trump is a Mean, Disgusting Person.”

June 2015 he wrote, “The Opposite of a Liberal Progressive is a Bigoted Racist that wants the Rich to get Richer at the expense of the 99%…..Republicans are so Stupid….”

He wrote in May 2015, “Congressional Republicans Hate Americans & Should All be Voted Out of Office……..”

He wrote, “Republican Bitch Wants People to Work for Slave Wages, when a Livable Wage is the Only Way to Go! Vote Blue, It’s Right for You

Forum List

Back