Perfect description of today's Right-Wing wackos

Seemed fitting..............left wing wacko did this...................as the OP straw mans us.............so what.

Did you read the article in the OP?

Or did you just read the headline, and think that was enough?
I read what was posted primarily the bold.......................either way it's an ideological attack thread now isn't it.

If you decide to take this thread as an "ideological attack", that's on you.

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse, and in the long run, dangerous for democracy.

1. The thread title portends an ideological attack. You don't start an intelligent discussion by calling people wackos. Seems I recall a rule for zone 2 expressly noting thread titles as a reason to move threads form zone 2 forums.

Zone 2 Posting Rules

2. The left has been calling their opposition evil and accusing them of killing people for decades. It was one of the principle tactics in Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. The very principles your dear leader ascribed to and taught.

So pot, meet kettle.

1. It's an attack, if you want to feel like a victim. If you decide that you are personally part of the "right wing wackos" the OP is talking about, then you can feel hurt by it, and use that as a way to avoid the topic.

The topic, on the other hand, is legitimate.

2. If you like, you are welcome to provide examples to support your argument that "The left" has been doing this for decades. But that isn't really the point, is it?

BERNIE SANDERS, DEMOCRATS: REPUBLICAN HEALTH CARE BILL WILL KILL PEOPLE
Bernie Sanders, Democrats claim 'people will die' under Republican health care bill

Nancy Pelosi Gave Us Obamacare And Suggests Republican Healthcare Plan Will Kill People

Nancy Pelosi Gave Us Obamacare And Suggests Republican Healthcare Plan Will Kill People

I could go on and on.

I gave the thread and the OP the same respect it gave me.

None.

So this thread hurt your feelings, and that's why you won't read the article?
I did read the article............I'm addressing the intent.

And after looking at other articles why should I care what the New York Times said anyway. I don't watch infowars......but I know that the NYT is a mouthpiece for the left............who have been getting called out on Fake news lately. too bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/business/media/megyn-kelly-alex-jones-newtown.html

Kelly got fired over this...........

New York Times Corrects Fake News Editorial Blaming Sarah Palin for Shooting - Breitbart

example of fake news

If you read the article, why are you refusing to discuss it's content entirely?
Because the Op has an intent................and that intent is what I'm discussing......I don't really like Alex Jones that much BTW.......and don't trust the integrity of the NYT any farther than I can throw it.

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse, and in the long run, dangerous for democracy.

1. The thread title portends an ideological attack. You don't start an intelligent discussion by calling people wackos. Seems I recall a rule for zone 2 expressly noting thread titles as a reason to move threads form zone 2 forums.

Zone 2 Posting Rules

2. The left has been calling their opposition evil and accusing them of killing people for decades. It was one of the principle tactics in Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. The very principles your dear leader ascribed to and taught.

So pot, meet kettle.

1. It's an attack, if you want to feel like a victim. If you decide that you are personally part of the "right wing wackos" the OP is talking about, then you can feel hurt by it, and use that as a way to avoid the topic.

2. If you like, you are welcome to provide examples to support your argument that "The left" has been doing this for decades. But that isn't really the point, is it?

How is the topic legitimate? It's more silly nonsence that the government is on the up and up...and any detractors are silly conspiracy...

:lol:

So you didn't read the article either.

I did like I said twice, again all I see is an OP Ed who is hurt that someone might upset the apple cart...and writes he has no idea why someone shot up a ball park..

We see the hodgkinsons disease all the time on these boards..

James T. Hodgkinson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Hodgkinson shared a post from “Republicans Suck,” saying, “Republicans Hate Women, Minorities, Working Class People, & Most All (99%) of the People of the Country.”

He also wrote, “Trump is Guilty & Should Go to Prison for Treason” and “Trump is a Mean, Disgusting Person.”

June 2015 he wrote, “The Opposite of a Liberal Progressive is a Bigoted Racist that wants the Rich to get Richer at the expense of the 99%…..Republicans are so Stupid….”

He wrote in May 2015, “Congressional Republicans Hate Americans & Should All be Voted Out of Office……..”

He wrote, “Republican Bitch Wants People to Work for Slave Wages, when a Livable Wage is the Only Way to Go! Vote Blue, It’s Right for You

If you did read it (which I don't believe, since you've refused to actually discuss any of it's contents), you missed the point.

You want to feel like a victim, so you see the article as an attack on you, personally - instead of understanding that the point of the article is that framing every issue as life-or-death, and a war between good and evil is problematic, whether it's on the left or the right.

The man who shot Scalise echoed the rhetoric of Alex Jones and the like, from the other side - and that's the problem, the rhetoric. The ideological mindset that everything is an all-or-nothing war rather than a difference of opinion.

Did you read the article in the OP?

Or did you just read the headline, and think that was enough?
I read what was posted primarily the bold.......................either way it's an ideological attack thread now isn't it.

Zone 2 Posting Rules

So pot, meet kettle.

BERNIE SANDERS, DEMOCRATS: REPUBLICAN HEALTH CARE BILL WILL KILL PEOPLE
Bernie Sanders, Democrats claim 'people will die' under Republican health care bill

I could go on and on.

You're not understanding what I'm asking for.

Bernie Sanders isn't claiming that the United States as we know it will end if the Republicans pass a bill.

Zone 2 Posting Rules

So pot, meet kettle.

How is the topic legitimate? It's more silly nonsence that the government is on the up and up...and any detractors are silly conspiracy...

I did like I said twice, again all I see is an OP Ed who is hurt that someone might upset the apple cart...and writes he has no idea why someone shot up a ball park..

Hodgkinson shared a post from “Republicans Suck,” saying, “Republicans Hate Women, Minorities, Working Class People, & Most All (99%) of the People of the Country.”

He also wrote, “Trump is Guilty & Should Go to Prison for Treason” and “Trump is a Mean, Disgusting Person.”

June 2015 he wrote, “The Opposite of a Liberal Progressive is a Bigoted Racist that wants the Rich to get Richer at the expense of the 99%…..Republicans are so Stupid….”

He wrote in May 2015, “Congressional Republicans Hate Americans & Should All be Voted Out of Office……..”

He wrote, “Republican Bitch Wants People to Work for Slave Wages, when a Livable Wage is the Only Way to Go! Vote Blue, It’s Right for You

If you did read it (which I don't believe, since you've refused to actually discuss any of it's contents), you missed the point.

You want to feel like a victim, so you see the article as an attack on you, personally - instead of understanding that the point of the article is that framing every issue as life-or-death, and a war between good and evil is problematic, whether it's on the left or the right.

The man who shot Scalise echoed the rhetoric of Alex Jones and the like, from the other side - and that's the problem, the rhetoric. The ideological mindset that everything is an all-or-nothing war rather than a difference of opinion.

No...for example we were fine with gays having civil unions, prop 8 in California proved Americans didn't want gay marriage.... Yet you wanted all of it..

I gave the thread and the OP the same respect it gave me.

None.

So this thread hurt your feelings, and that's why you won't read the article?
I did read the article............I'm addressing the intent.

And after looking at other articles why should I care what the New York Times said anyway. I don't watch infowars......but I know that the NYT is a mouthpiece for the left............who have been getting called out on Fake news lately. too bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/business/media/megyn-kelly-alex-jones-newtown.html

Kelly got fired over this...........

New York Times Corrects Fake News Editorial Blaming Sarah Palin for Shooting - Breitbart

example of fake news

If you read the article, why are you refusing to discuss it's content entirely?
Because the Op has an intent................and that intent is what I'm discussing......I don't really like Alex Jones that much BTW.......and don't trust the integrity of the NYT any farther than I can throw it.

So again, you're refusing to discuss the article because the OP hurt your feelings?

No...for example we were fine with gays having civil unions, prop 8 in California proved Americans didn't want gay marriage.... Yet you wanted all of it..

The vast majority of Americans today support same-sex marriage. Prop 8 was almost 10 years ago.

The vast majority of Americans today support same-sex marriage. Prop 8 was almost 10 years ago.

That's no retort, because it's already law by you uncompromising trying to fundamentaly change America..

That's no retort, because it's already law by you uncompromising trying to fundamentaly change America..

So what? America "fundamentally changes" all the damn time. Culture evolves.

That's how a healthy society functions.

Zone 2 Posting Rules

So pot, meet kettle.

What is this profound point you imagine we missed? Are you actually trying to blame the Scalise shooting on right wingers?

Who says everything is all-or-nothing if not the left? Remember when they said pulling out of the Paris agreement meant the end of the world?

It's a one way trip down the road to socialism. There is no reversing it. Once you put a bunch of parasites on the government tit, it's almost impossible to remove them. Once you admit Muzzie savages into your country, you can never send them back to where they came from.

What is this profound point you imagine we missed? Are you actually trying to blame the Scalise shooting on right wingers?

Who says everything is all-or-nothing if not the left? Remember when they said pulling out of the Paris agreement meant the end of the world?

You seem to have some serious reading comprehension issues.

Why are you trying so hard to make this a partisan issue?

Remember the "fundamental changes" the Roman Empire endured around 500 AD? How did that work out?

I only read so far as the first paragraph to recognize the "story" is trash and probably heavy on projection. It's THE REPUBLICANS WHO REVISE THE PARANOID SIDE OF POLITICS. Aint that fucking rich. Perhaps lefists should protest Trump's nut sack because he's in bed with chipmunks. Grounds for narrative, protest and impeachment.

If the point was Trump brings out the paranoid in "progress"ives, then that might carry some weight. Without looking, that's not it.

Mr. Jones, Matt Drudge and President Trump himself have played a role in reviving what Richard Hofstadter called “The Paranoid Style in American Politics.”

Why are you and shithole pretending it isn't?

It's a one way trip down the road to socialism. There is no reversing it. Once you put a bunch of parasites on the government tit, it's almost impossible to remove them. Once you admit Muzzie savages into your country, you can never send them back to where they came from.

That's what they said about Catholics, the Italians, the Irish - and my ancestors.

And probably yours, too.

Wrong.

A healthy society let's grown men in women's bathrooms?

A heathly society let's chicks with dicks play women sports?

Sounds like to me how Rome burned.

Why are you and shithole pretending it isn't?

Because we actually read the fucking article!

Jesus Christ, you're a moron.

A healthy society let's grown men in women's bathrooms?

A heathly society let's chicks with dicks play women sports?

Sounds like to me how Rome burned.

So you're just as ignorant of Roman history as you are of American history?

Forum List

Back