People With 'Dark' Personality Traits Responded to The Pandemic With Key Differences

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Filing this one under ethics. It's interesting. Seems to ring true if we're paying attention.

Anyway...

While we've all lived through the same pandemic the past few months, not all of us have responded to the fallout in the same way.

A recent small study suggests that there are some distinct differences in the way people with 'dark' personality traits have reacted to COVID-19 .

These dark personality traits include narcissism, psychopathy, sadism and Machiavellianism, and are often linked to negative social outcomes - they're referred to in psychology as the 'dark tetrad'.

"It may be that these individuals derive pleasure from events that are generally perceived as having a negative impact on society," the authors write.

Narcissists rely on social feedback to support their self-image, and Machiavellians are known to exploit others in the social system to meet their own goals.

The fact that these two personality traits were particularly likely to perceive the pandemic as a threatening situation and experience negative emotions hints "that these individuals depend on stable social structures to attain their goals and react negatively to perceived social instability," the researchers write.

"Individuals with more antisocial traits (psychopathy and sadism) were not as threatened by the pandemic."

Continued - People With 'Dark' Personality Traits Responded to The Pandemic With Key Differences

It's kind of long.

Sourced study - Is the COVID-19 pandemic even darker for some? Examining dark personality and affective, cognitive, and behavioral responses to the COVID-19 pandemic

Sounds like sluggish schizophrenia to me.

Sluggish schizophrenia or slow progressive schizophrenia (Russian: вялотеку́щая шизофрени́я, vyalotekushchaya shizofreniya)[1] was a diagnostic category used in the Soviet Union to describe what was claimed to be a form of schizophrenia characterized by a slowly progressive course; it was diagnosed even in patients who showed no symptoms of schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders, on the assumption that these symptoms would appear later.[2] It was developed in the 1960s by Soviet psychiatrist Andrei Snezhnevsky and his colleagues,[3][4] and was used exclusively in the USSR and several Eastern Bloc countries, until the fall of Communism starting in 1989.[5] The diagnosis has long been discredited because of its scientific inadequacy and its use as a means of confining dissenters.[6] It has never been used or recognized outside of the Soviet Union,[7] or by international organizations such as the World Health Organization.[8] It is considered a prime example of the political abuse of psychiatry in the Soviet Union.[9]

Filing this one under ethics. It's interesting. Seems to ring true if we're paying attention.

Anyway...

While we've all lived through the same pandemic the past few months, not all of us have responded to the fallout in the same way.

A recent small study suggests that there are some distinct differences in the way people with 'dark' personality traits have reacted to COVID-19 .

These dark personality traits include narcissism, psychopathy, sadism and Machiavellianism, and are often linked to negative social outcomes - they're referred to in psychology as the 'dark tetrad'.

"It may be that these individuals derive pleasure from events that are generally perceived as having a negative impact on society," the authors write.

Narcissists rely on social feedback to support their self-image, and Machiavellians are known to exploit others in the social system to meet their own goals.

The fact that these two personality traits were particularly likely to perceive the pandemic as a threatening situation and experience negative emotions hints "that these individuals depend on stable social structures to attain their goals and react negatively to perceived social instability," the researchers write.

"Individuals with more antisocial traits (psychopathy and sadism) were not as threatened by the pandemic."

Continued - People With 'Dark' Personality Traits Responded to The Pandemic With Key Differences

It's kind of long.

Sourced study - Is the COVID-19 pandemic even darker for some? Examining dark personality and affective, cognitive, and behavioral responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
I read this same article a little while ago.

The narcissists have sure come out of the woodwork, that's for sure, what with their pious virtue signaling replete with pics of themselves in masks and cliches about "stay at home save lives" and whatnot. Some of them are doing this several times a day on facebook seeking attention and confirmation that they are just as saintly as they say they are, even as they are constantly wanting to destroy the lives of any person who owns a small business and attacking anybody who dares to suggest looking at the bigger picture.

They are like the Pharisees preaching on the street corner to be heard by others and they disgust me.

Anyway...

It's kind of long.

I never felt threatened by COVID because I have been taking precautions

I never felt threatened by COVID because I have been taking precautions

I do have to say that my dog walks around the neighborhood aren't quite the same these days, either.

2d0ea43ab6194c45e90a40ead2b8794d--hazmat-suit-your-dog.jpg

Yeah I see it differently. The people that are always screaming liberty liberty when taking about COVID don’t give a shit about liberty and are just assholes. That’s why most of them are against vaccines as well. Conspiracy theorists are usually insecure and never have the humility to be objective. They don’t care about being objective, they just want to be assholes.

Anyway...

It's kind of long.

The narcissists have sure come out of the woodwork, that's for sure, what with their pious virtue signaling replete with pics of themselves in masks and cliches about "stay at home save lives" and whatnot. Some of them are doing this several times a day on facebook seeking attention and confirmation that they are just as saintly as they say they are, even as they are constantly wanting to destroy the lives of any person who owns a small business and attacking anybody who dares to suggest looking at the bigger picture.

They are like the Pharisees preaching on the street corner to be heard by others and they disgust me.

Do you wear a mask?

Anyway...

It's kind of long.

A huge number of them are employed in healthcare. Makes me not want to trust them with my “ health”.

Conspiracy theorists are usually insecure and never have the humility to be objective. They don’t care about being objective, they just want to be assholes.

I know, Rocko, it's really sad. Now get help.

Anyway...

It's kind of long.

And they are almost ALWAYS the ones who get caught in hair salons, fancy restaurants, airports, and resorts in Mexico, usually being served by people who's lives they don't give a shit about.

It sounds to me like evil people are being categorized as having psychological problems.

Anyway...

It's kind of long.

Don't all preachers want to be heard???

Anyway...

It's kind of long.

With the narcissism, it seems academic. "If it ain't happening to me, it ain't happening." Add in sociopathy and it's an easy leap to, "who cares if it happens to others".

Conspiracy theorists are usually insecure and never have the humility to be objective. They don’t care about being objective, they just want to be assholes.

I know, Rocko, it's really sad. Now get help.

why would I need help? I don’t dabble in conspiracy theories. I don’t believe “they” want you to wear a mask so they can exercise control over you. And stupid shit like that. I don’t shrug off the fact that also it’s half a million of my countrymen have died from Covid. Those are people who suffer from deep rooted issues.

Forum List

Back