People are poor because (not what the Leftists tell you).

You make your own opportunities if you sit on your ass and wait for opportunity then you'll be waiting a long time

“You” keep using terms like “You”

There must be opportunities for 55 million people to bring people out of poverty
No there are opportunities to bring the people who take advantage of them to get out of poverty

You assume that all 55 million people will do that

They won't

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I also assume there are not 55 million opportunities

Anyone can make their own opportunity and one person can make multiple opportunities for himself

IF he wants to and that's a BIG IF

The fact of the matter is that people don't want to do the work it takes to better themselves and would rather work in a shitty job and complain about it for their entire life.

We cannot make people more successful with government handouts

so if everyone in the country decided they wanted to become CEO's we;d have 300 million CEOs and nobody doing the actual work?

I hope you realize how stupid that sounds.

How many times do I have to tell you that not everyone will do what is necessary to better themselves financially?

When I was flipping houses I had people working for me and I can't count the times I offered overtime and even double time for people to work so we could get a house done ahead of schedule and people refused because they had to play in some beer belly softball game.

People literally gave up the opportunity to make an extra 500 dollars to play in a meaningless softball game.

This is indicative of a very large portion of the population

Now the couple guys I had that went the extra mile and proved to me that they knew what they were doing were the ones who I let run a crew and they not only got paid but they got a cut of the profits when we sold a house.

If you want a raise you can get it IF you can prove you are worth more to your boss, if not you take the skills you gained on one job and use them to get a better job. Or if you can identify a need and find a way to fill that need for people you can run a side business and even eventually make that side business your full time job

None of this is rocket science.

There must be opportunities for 55 million people to bring people out of poverty
No there are opportunities to bring the people who take advantage of them to get out of poverty

They won't

Anyone can make their own opportunity and one person can make multiple opportunities for himself

The fact of the matter is that people don't want to do the work it takes to better themselves and would rather work in a shitty job and complain about it for their entire life.

so if everyone in the country decided they wanted to become CEO's we;d have 300 million CEOs and nobody doing the actual work?

How many times do I have to tell you that not everyone will do what is necessary to better themselves financially?

When I was flipping houses I had people working for me and I can't count the times I offered overtime and even double time for people to work so we could get a house done ahead of schedule and people refused because they had to play in some beer belly softball game.

People literally gave up the opportunity to make an extra 500 dollars to play in a meaningless softball game.

Now the couple guys I had that went the extra mile and proved to me that they knew what they were doing were the ones who I let run a crew and they not only got paid but they got a cut of the profits when we sold a house.

If you want a raise you can get it IF you can prove you are worth more to your boss, if not you take the skills you gained on one job and use them to get a better job. Or if you can identify a need and find a way to fill that need for people you can run a side business and even eventually make that side business your full time job

most of it simply may require a petty cash fund for such purposes.

They won't

the conservative way;

top 1% RICH PEOPLE

20% WELL OFF PEOPLE

40% enough to pay bills and keep lights on

30% barely keeping lights on
POVERTY LINE

10% poverty

My way;

top 1% RICH (but not quite so rich)

20% well off

40% doing fine

20% doing ok

10% above poverty line
POVERTY LINE

you keep saying everyone who doesn't agree with YOUR assessment is an idiot.

Your assessment is; if you want more money educate yourself and get a better job.

To which I reply; we can't all be CEO"S (we can;t ALL have the best jobs!) SOMEBODY has to be a pizza delivery guy and somebody else has to fill gas tanks and someone else has to sweep the floors and YOU are certainly NOT going to pay any of those workers respectable wages. No....you will ALWAYS say "I can get any idiot to do THAT job so I do NOT have to pay you!)

and YOU are TOO FKN STUPID to understand that while insisting that people MUCH SMARTER and MUCH MORE LOGICAL THAN YOU are "idiots"

So I repeat....
If everyone in the country over educated themselves with PHDs and MBAs they would ALL expect the BEST JOBS and there would be NOONE who wanted to do the LOW PAYING jobs.

All I ask is that any adult working a full time job doing ANYTHING should AT THE VERY FKN LEAST earn enough to live ABOVE FKN POVERTY.

They won't

the conservative way;

top 1% RICH PEOPLE

20% WELL OFF PEOPLE

POVERTY LINE

10% poverty

My way;

20% well off

40% doing fine

20% doing ok

10% above poverty line
POVERTY LINE

Your assessment is; if you want more money educate yourself and get a better job.

To which I reply; we can't all be CEO"S (we can;t ALL have the best jobs!) SOMEBODY has to be a pizza delivery guy and somebody else has to fill gas tanks and someone else has to sweep the floors and YOU are certainly NOT going to pay any of those workers respectable wages. No....you will ALWAYS say "I can get any idiot to do THAT job so I do NOT have to pay you!)

and YOU are TOO FKN STUPID to understand that while insisting that people MUCH SMARTER and MUCH MORE LOGICAL THAN YOU are "idiots"

So I repeat....
If everyone in the country over educated themselves with PHDs and MBAs they would ALL expect the BEST JOBS and there would be NOONE who wanted to do the LOW PAYING jobs.

All I ask is that any adult working a full time job doing ANYTHING should AT THE VERY FKN LEAST earn enough to live ABOVE FKN POVERTY.
And I have said repeatedly that a lot of people don't want anything but a shit job so there will always be plenty of people to fill the low level jobs

There will always be the people who bitch and moan about their job but will never do anything about it and you want to give them government assistance

the conservative way;

top 1% RICH PEOPLE

20% WELL OFF PEOPLE

POVERTY LINE

10% poverty

My way;

20% well off

40% doing fine

20% doing ok

10% above poverty line
POVERTY LINE

So I repeat....

And I have said repeatedly that a lot of people don't want anything but a shit job so there will always be plenty of people to fill the low level jobs

There will always be the people who bitch and moan about their job but will never do anything about it and you want to give them government assistance

I prefer more faithful execution of our supreme law of the land.

Equal protection of the law is expressed in all of our Constitutions.

Solving simple poverty should be as easy and convenient under our form of Capitalism as solving for Capitalism's natural rate of unemployment in a market friendly manner with existing legal and physical infrastructure.

You're not the problem.

do you work per diem?

could you have a word w/my wife?

My parents came here with $100 and didn't speak the language.

heh

both my Gfathers escaped the old country's poverty , were fitted for uniform as soon as they got of the boat @ Ellis, summarily being sent back to the fray they sought escape from

methinks the first english they learned was 'duck!':eek-52::eek-52::eek-52:

but i digress. inasmuch as i do agree with 1,2,3 there are no simple solutions to complex social constructs Az

~S~
Still a good foundation in the OP. Not sure what the point of posting it was...but good advice

They won't

the conservative way;

top 1% RICH PEOPLE

20% WELL OFF PEOPLE

POVERTY LINE

10% poverty

My way;

20% well off

40% doing fine

20% doing ok

10% above poverty line
POVERTY LINE

So I repeat....

Why should they? Who's rule is that?

You people on the left think that a company exists to provide good paying jobs and benefits. Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not why somebody opens up a business. They open a business to provide product or services at a profit. There is no other reason for them to own a company.

You don't have to be a CEO, have PhD or a MBA to make a decent living in this country. Plenty of trades are still in demand for workers. Some general labor still pays okay.

When people move up, it starves the lower skilled positions which means employers simply have to offer more. That's how you get those jobs to pay better--not government.

You people on the left think that a company exists to provide good paying jobs and benefits. Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not why somebody opens up a business. They open a business to provide product or services at a profit. There is no other reason for them to own a company.

Then why should the rest of us be that concerned with businesses?

You don't have to be a CEO, have PhD or a MBA to make a decent living in this country. Plenty of trades are still in demand for workers. Some general labor still pays okay.

Again, says the guy who works for a bottom feeder trucking company that doesn't provide health insurance.

Again, says the guy who works for a bottom feeder trucking company that doesn't provide health insurance.
Agree, if you own a business that needs the taxpayers to support your workers, why should we care if you go out of business?

Ray is correct, there are plenty of jobs that pay well that are not executive level. Hard work, a good attitude and a little ambition will do wonders for a career.

Agree, if you own a business that needs the taxpayers to support your workers, why should we care if you go out of business?

Big box stores have monopolized coast to coast, offering no more than sh*t jobs w/ sh*t pay.

The lions share of their employees are subsidized , (read- OUR TAX $$$'s) because of this phenomenon that DID NOT EXIST a generation ago

So guess what, the taxpayer (read-me&you) now have a dog in the fight

NOW we can make demands of said business's

~S~

Ray is correct, there are plenty of jobs that pay well that are not executive level. Hard work, a good attitude and a little ambition will do wonders for a career.

Your welcome

I've done well for myself , on my own for decades riding the high seas of capitalism

But one has to live it, to realize the ups/downs ins/outs aren't always pure supply demand 101....

Some days will simply be>>>

7781893a-833a-5365-b349-0417a0d99fc1.image.jpg

~S~

Not any form of substitute for equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation in our At-Will employment States.

I know of members of our congregation that work full time and get govt assistance. Several of them. Are least they are working so I have no complaints.

Big box stores have monopolized coast to coast, offering no more than sh*t jobs w/ sh*t pay.

The lions share of their employees are subsidized , (read- OUR TAX $$$'s) because of this phenomenon that DID NOT EXIST a generation ago

So guess what, the taxpayer (read-me&you) now have a dog in the fight

NOW we can make demands of said business's

~S~

Good luck with that one. Walmart will be number one for many years as it has in the past. The only real challenge they have is the internet and places like Amazon. So make all the demands you want. Most of their customers don't care how much they pay their employees.

Not any form of substitute for equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation in our At-Will employment States.

Please explain. I live in a right to work state, which is great, because industries come here and will pay good money to those that work hard. Are you saying right to work states are racist in their employment practices?

They don't need the taxpayers for anything. Democrats have allowed them to be on the dole. Walmart isn't responsible for anybody collecting welfare--the Democrats are.

Who said you had to be concerned?

My job was fine until you Communists got power. That's what screwed me and millions like me. But no matter how many times I have to repeat this to you, I still see you sitting in the corner. :lalala:

They don't need the taxpayers for anything. Democrats have allowed them to be on the dole. Walmart isn't responsible for anybody collecting welfare--the Democrats are.

By having the taxpayer support their workers, they are able to pay a reduced wage and keep the additional profit.

Taxpayers are subsidizing Walmart

Who said you had to be concerned?

My job was fine until you Communists got power. That's what screwed me and millions like me. But no matter how many times I have to repeat this to you, I still see you sitting in the corner. :lalala:

Your job was fine until they got you to abandon unions
Do You think the Teamsters would allow your employer not to give health insurance?

Forum List

Back