People are boycotting Starbucks after CEO announces plan to hire thousands of refugees

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Seems the backlash is real if companies don't have an American first attitude. We have a similar program in Canada where donut shops and fast food places fly in foreign workers to take the important jobs that young Canadians would have to get work experience and such. It defies logic to me.

People are boycotting Starbucks after CEO announces plan to hire thousands of refugees

(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US." class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)--sm Mt(0.8em)--sm" data-type="text" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US.

"We are living in an unprecedented time, one in which we are witness to the conscience of our country, and the promise of the American Dream, being called into question," CEO Howard Schultz wrote in a letter to Starbucks employees about the plan.

While many customers were immediately supportive of Starbucks' actions on social media, others threatened to boycott after the letter's release.

Seems the backlash is real if companies don't have an American first attitude. We have a similar program in Canada where donut shops and fast food places fly in foreign workers to take the important jobs that young Canadians would have to get work experience and such. It defies logic to me.

(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US." class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)--sm Mt(0.8em)--sm" data-type="text" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US.

"We are living in an unprecedented time, one in which we are witness to the conscience of our country, and the promise of the American Dream, being called into question," CEO Howard Schultz wrote in a letter to Starbucks employees about the plan.

While many customers were immediately supportive of Starbucks' actions on social media, others threatened to boycott after the letter's release.

Starbucks is terrible anyhow, it's nasty tasting coffee.

Glad to hear it and their coffee tastes like shit.

what is sad is that Starbucks does some great things for the community. I thought their degree program for employees was a magnificent idea. Provides loyalty AND better employees. They also do work for U.S military.

This statement by him made no sense and was not a wise business decision, nor was it particularly sensitive at a time in which millions of Americans are hurting, can't find work, sustaining themselves on food stamps etc.

'scuse me. I have to go pick up a latte.
Is that before or after you turn tricks at the bus stop? Go ahead, support obvious ant-American policies. You do realize that his policy is discriminatory, don't you flake?

Last edited:
My opinion in a nutshell

16425983_1243728529015507_6192381349547714652_n.jpg

The left in Europe started this same kind of rebellion towards allowing all refuges no matter what and look where Europe is now. It is going to cost them the breakup of the European Union.

I plan on going to Starbucks. They're doing the right thing. They're also planning to provide insurance for those who might lose insurance due to repealing ACA. Sounds like a decent company.

Yep, quite a message that liberal outfit gave Americans: "hey, we know you're hurting for jobs, but we're going to give preferential treatment to a demographic that is notorious for harboring people who blow up innocent civilians in jihad."

I've got another reason to boycott Starbucks: their coffee. That crap is so strong, the last time I had a cup there I thought I was going to go into a psyche ward and have kidney failure. Screw 'em. I like giving my business to local mom and pop coffee shops.

I plan on going to Starbucks. They're doing the right thing. They're also planning to provide insurance for those who might lose insurance due to repealing ACA. Sounds like a decent company.

enjoy

I prefer Folgers.

If I'm traveling, I'd get coffee at any gas station or truck stop before I'd go to Starbucks

I make my own coffee in the mornings for my own big mobile insulated coffee mugs. Costs less than $1 per mug and very tasty. I use the exotic blends of pure ground coffee that you can get at the grocery stores.

If I am on the road and I want more coffee and I see a Starbucks I will go into it and buy a $5 mug of the same volume.

I don't care whom they employ.

I would not want to work there. It's tedious work. Better than flipping burgers at McDonalds though, I would imagine.

Last edited:
Yet another reason to avoid drinking Starbucks' lousy coffee.

Glad to hear it and their coffee tastes like shit.

what is sad is that Starbucks does some great things for the community. I thought their degree program for employees was a magnificent idea. Provides loyalty AND better employees. They also do work for U.S military.

This statement by him made no sense and was not a wise business decision, nor was it particularly sensitive at a time in which millions of Americans are hurting, can't find work, sustaining themselves on food stamps etc.
I don't remember if Starbucks is currently pro-gun or anti-gun.

Although I do believe the open-carry gun fans are all wacko's, it seems that Starbucks keeps flip flopping on this issue.

I carry my 45ACP concealed not open carry everywhere I go. Starbucks does not need to know.

Forum List

Back