People are boycotting Starbucks after CEO announces plan to hire thousands of refugees

Boycotting is the least we should do. Time to protest and get on the news.
I doubt that a protest would make that much of a difference, but if enough people were to wash their hands of the place, maybe a lot of locations would end up going out of business if not all of them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Starbucks is now like the Mc Donald's of coffee shops. It's become like a pit stop for truck drivers. There are so many better boutique style coffee shops opening up all over the place with amazing coffee and atmosphere, why would anybody go to Starbucks?

Why is hiring refugees "discrimminatory" but hiring only US labor...not?
Provided they are legally allowed to work, hiring them on a "best qualified" basis is not. Denying a more qualified non-refugee the position to fill a "hire refugees quota" is discriminatory. The reason is obvious.

Hiring US labor over equally or more qualified foreign labor is discrimminatory.
If they can legally work in the US, then they are US labor and counted as such in employment data. Discrimination occurs when criteria are applied to that standard. Such as, to get this job you must be a refugee.

It's still discrimination - for example, a company can hire a better person by bringing them in legally, but are no longer able to because they're being forced to hire US.

Other examples are companies that choose to hire local talent. Or, companies who value diversity and slant their hiring practices towards that goal.
They only announced they would be hiring refuges, nothing about them being more qualified than jobless American citizens. Why the preference for a refugee over an American citizen?

Seems the backlash is real if companies don't have an American first attitude. We have a similar program in Canada where donut shops and fast food places fly in foreign workers to take the important jobs that young Canadians would have to get work experience and such. It defies logic to me.

People are boycotting Starbucks after CEO announces plan to hire thousands of refugees

(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US." class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)--sm Mt(0.8em)--sm" data-type="text" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US.

"We are living in an unprecedented time, one in which we are witness to the conscience of our country, and the promise of the American Dream, being called into question," CEO Howard Schultz wrote in a letter to Starbucks employees about the plan.

While many customers were immediately supportive of Starbucks' actions on social media, others threatened to boycott after the letter's release.
They can go right ahead...maybe it will cut the ridiculous waiting lines down.

If this news is true I'm pretty sure Starbucks owners are regretting their statement.... :eusa_think:
Why did they do that strange announcement about hiring 10,000 refugees?? :dunno:
Sometimes these boycotts of big successful businesses backfire. That happened to a fast food place called Chic Filet not long ago. Many people who never went there decided to take their business to them as a sign of support for the very position the protesters were protesting. The business actually saw an increase in sales. The same thing is happening with Starbucks. One side boycotts but the other side will support them. The boycott brings free publicity and advertising to the business. Very few fans of Starbucks will stop going there. Many new customers will try them out.

Seems the backlash is real if companies don't have an American first attitude. We have a similar program in Canada where donut shops and fast food places fly in foreign workers to take the important jobs that young Canadians would have to get work experience and such. It defies logic to me.

(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US." class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)--sm Mt(0.8em)--sm" data-type="text" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US.

"We are living in an unprecedented time, one in which we are witness to the conscience of our country, and the promise of the American Dream, being called into question," CEO Howard Schultz wrote in a letter to Starbucks employees about the plan.

While many customers were immediately supportive of Starbucks' actions on social media, others threatened to boycott after the letter's release.

Starbucks who sell nasty coffee, their Stocks are just plunging :smoke:

Praise Kek!

t3_5rbcw9-618x433.png

Never heard of Joe The Plumber before today, but I like him already and yes Starbucks should hire 10,000 Veterans rather than 10,000 Kebabs and Sub-Saharan Africans.

Joe The Plumber: Starbucks Should Hire 10K Veterans Rather Than 10K Refugees

"Liberty Alliance vice president Joe Wurzelbacher, better known as "Joe The Plumber", said Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz should focus on hiring 10,000 veterans rather than pledging to hire that number of refugees.

Wurzelbacher called Schultz' announcement "political grandstanding".

He said that Schultz ironically can only make such a pledge because of the policy platform of President Trump, who the executive opposes."

Praise Kek!

t3_5rbcw9-618x433.png

Never heard of Joe The Plumber before today, but I like him already and yes Starbucks should hire 10,000 Veterans rather than 10,000 Kebabs and Sub-Saharan Africans.

"Liberty Alliance vice president Joe Wurzelbacher, better known as "Joe The Plumber", said Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz should focus on hiring 10,000 veterans rather than pledging to hire that number of refugees.

He said that Schultz ironically can only make such a pledge because of the policy platform of President Trump, who the executive opposes."

Starbucks is overrated. There are plenty of other gourmet coffees out there. I just say...bye bye Starbucks..

e6f3b41f9dae29c5e8f41b7512c3bd09.jpg

The left in Europe started this same kind of rebellion towards allowing all refuges no matter what and look where Europe is now. It is going to cost them the breakup of the European Union.
The British patriots decided to take their country back from the Islamic invasion.
In a couple of years NO ONE will be allowed to immigrate to Britain unless they bring a few million pounds and/or a useful PHD.
By the time the EU countries wake up it will be too late.

I wish I could participate, but... I don't spend money there anyhow....

Why do people HATE the idea of hiring refugees?

If Starbucks said they were going to hire 1,000 unemployed rust belt white guys...would you be outraged? It's their business if they want to support refugees and given that refugees are specifically under attack by folks just for being refugees, or more specifically Muslim refugees - I applaud Starbucks. My mother lives in an area with a lot of Burmese refugee resettlement and the entire community helps out with employment and support. This is a bad thing?

It is discriminatory, all quotas are.

Ok, whatever.

I don't think it's a bad thing. It's no different then a company deciding it's going to hire local talent. Or, for that matter - companies choosing to hire US labor over foreign labor.
Your kind doesn't think anything that hurts America is bad.

Employment hurts America?

Of course employment doesn't hurt America, what hurts Americans though is employing immigrants in place of Americans. It's one of the reasons President Trump was elected, because too many Americans have been thrown overboard in the job market.

Would their coffee become more or less suckful if they do as they say they might?

If it's "less" then I might be tempted to try it again.

The only reason why people buy Starbucks is because they've marketed themselves very successfully as being in some way trendy.

The left in Europe started this same kind of rebellion towards allowing all refuges no matter what and look where Europe is now. It is going to cost them the breakup of the European Union.

"It is going to cost them the breakup of the European Union."

And that is the one sole benefit of this, that the EU is heading off the cliff and European Patriots are going to do as much as we can to help push it off the cliff.

See my sig line, if the EU isn't destroyed then Europa will be destroyed in vicious civil wars, the only way Europa continues to flourish for another thousand years is to destroy the EU.

Fuck The EU! Long Live Europa!

'scuse me. I have to go pick up a latte.
Choke on it.

That shit is nasty.

I guess one could say I've already boycotted Starbucks. Two reasons. Their prices are too high for low quality and people like rdean are there.

My minor daughter, while wearing a Trump for President shirt, went into one in the early Fall. She said two of the early 20-somethings in there made a comment toward her about the shirt she had on as she walked past them coming out. Although the comment was not directly to her, it was directed at her. That was OK. I went in while wearing mine, sat down next to them, and asked the two pussies if they'd like to comment on mine. You would have thought someone put a zipper on their lips.

'scuse me. I have to go pick up a latte.
Choke on it.

That shit is nasty.

I guess one could say I've already boycotted Starbucks. Two reasons. Their prices are too high for low quality and people like rdean are there.

My minor daughter, while wearing a Trump for President shirt, went into one in the early Fall. She said two of the early 20-somethings in there made a comment toward her about the shirt she had on as she walked past them coming out. Although the comment was not directly to her, it was directed at her. That was OK. I went in while wearing mine, sat down next to them, and asked the two pussies if they'd like to comment on mine. You would have thought someone put a zipper on their lips.
That how liberals work. They like to march in crowds and cast aspersions about. Corner them and you got a heel hound.

Praise Kek!

t3_5rbcw9-618x433.png

Starbucks is overrated. There are plenty of other gourmet coffees out there. I just say...bye bye Starbucks..

View attachment 109960

Exactly and I should add I'm very specific about my coffee, there is nothing worse than nasty coffee.

In particular I like Costa Rican coffee, I recommend Café Britt, it's also available to buy from Amazon.

71t0Abeln4L._SY450_.jpg

Also Café Britt Espresso, again it's also available to buy from Amazon.

Costa-Rican-Espresso-Whole-bean.jpg

Also I like Café 1820 Grano Entero Clasico Costa Rican whole bean.

61w8luG3SiL._SX522_.jpg

And Café 1820 Reserva Especial Costa Rican ground.

617BckyslPL._SX522_.jpg

Okay I better stop there or I'll be in this thread all day indulging in my Gourmet Coffee obsession.

Would their coffee become more or less suckful if they do as they say they might?

If it's "less" then I might be tempted to try it again.

The only reason why people buy Starbucks is because they've marketed themselves very successfully as being in some way trendy.
It is a yuppie thing.... I saw people having Starbucks cups filling it with some other brand of coffee at workplace cafeteria for snobbish "effect"

Starbucks sucks. their coffee always tastes burnt.
Like a previous poster said, Starbucks should hire veterans instead of refugees/

And still liberal protesters have destroyed their shops at least twice during their temper tantrums.

Forum List

Back