Pelosi tries to blame Republicans for a possible gov. shutdown

It can lower a our credit rating, just by the action... This will raise the price of our loans, and existing debt loans when they come up for renewal.... Instead of paying a low interest rate on our debt, we pay a much higher one.... Bringing our yearly interest payment on our debt much, much higher which explodes our yearly budget deficit even moreso, adding more and more to our debt.

This makes borrowing money for both businesses and us, more expensive with higher interest rates.
The only time we've had our credit rating lowered was when Barry was running things! Or have you conveniently forgotten about that?

The Trump cuts didn't bring in "record revenues to government". They brought in a one time 10% repatriation tax on overseas profits. Money corporations had sitting on in foreign countries for years. The loss of revenues continues, but the one time payment won't be repeated so the deficit is ever climbing.

The Trump tax cuts did NOTHING for the 40% of American workers, who ended up worse off under Trump because of the lack of tax cuts, cuts to Obamacare funding, and the tariff wars.

Both the wealth gap and the wage gap increased under Trump. Although workers did get raise, their bosses got more - much much more. Both the wealth gap and the wage gap, which economists agree needs to close, widened faster under Donald Trump than under any other President in history.

Donald Trump told you he created the "greatest economy ever". He lied. Obama created the greatest US economy ever. Trump destroyed it.
absolute bull shit, every word of it. Just pure emotional non-sense. So backwards.

Shut the federal government down, as it exists today. Call the Convention of States so we can reformulate it so that it doesn't get out of control again in the near future. Simple as that.

This is exactly what I am talking about. This delusion you people have. Trump most certainly did spend. I pointed it out countless times over the past four years.
Your post lies about the 2019 Budget, here is the truth, $1.1T deficit due to tax cuts trying to grow the US economy.
1632735944787.png

Now look at WTF the democrats want to pass, Its just CRAZY!! $3T deficit, due to overspending.
1632736166953.png

Trump didn't "spend" he cut taxes. Big difference.
Obama added $12T to the Debt. Trump "only" added $8T. Xiden would smash those records.
You're FOS as usual.

Obama added $6 trillion to the debt in 8 years.
Trump added $6 trillion to the debt in 4 years.

It was three years ago last week when Donald Trump appeared on Fox News and assured viewers that, if he were president, he could start paying off the national debt "so easily." The Republican argued at the time that it would simply be a matter of looking at the country as "a profit-making corporation" instead of "a losing corporation."

A month after that, in April 2016, Trump declared that he was confident that he could "get rid of" the entire multi-trillion-dollar debt "fairly quickly." Pressed to be more specific, the future president replied, "Well, I would say over a period of eight years."

“I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me,” Trump told Norah O’Donnell in an interview that aired on “CBS This Morning.” “I’ve made a fortune by using debt, and if things don’t work out I renegotiate the debt. I mean, that’s a smart thing, not a stupid thing.”

“How do you renegotiate the debt?” O’Donnell followed up.

“You go back and you say, hey guess what, the economy crashed,” Trump replied. “I’m going to give you back half.”

Wish the orange grifter tried that with the Gambino family, he would have never been president or a game show host.

Well, they had no problem raising the debt ceiling and then suspending it when the last guy (who had an "R" next to his name) was President.
Then, when a guy with a "D" next to his name won, the Deficit and Debt Eagles came flocking back to the nest (like the eagles did in Lord of the Rings).
The debt ceiling is the issue..not the two infrastructure and budge bills.

And yet your problem is Manchin, so it is not the GOP but members of your own political party…

You're FOS as usual.

It was three years ago last week when Donald Trump appeared on Fox News and assured viewers that, if he were president, he could start paying off the national debt "so easily." The Republican argued at the time that it would simply be a matter of looking at the country as "a profit-making corporation" instead of "a losing corporation."

A month after that, in April 2016, Trump declared that he was confident that he could "get rid of" the entire multi-trillion-dollar debt "fairly quickly." Pressed to be more specific, the future president replied, "Well, I would say over a period of eight years."

“I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me,” Trump told Norah O’Donnell in an interview that aired on “CBS This Morning.” “I’ve made a fortune by using debt, and if things don’t work out I renegotiate the debt. I mean, that’s a smart thing, not a stupid thing.”

“You go back and you say, hey guess what, the economy crashed,” Trump replied. “I’m going to give you back half.”

Wish the orange grifter tried that with the Gambino family, he would have never been president or a game show host.

You should edit your comment because your own math is off on how many years ago seeing three years again was 2018 and Trump was already President and 2016 was five years ago.

We tried to explain this before...

The money was spent years ago e.g. Trump Tax Cuts...

Now the Credit Card bill arrived... Now it is the Government responsibility to pay the bill
There has been massive amounts of resources spent on many agendas. With a lot of corruption involved. This is what has hurt the massive spending. paying people not because of poverty, but to keep them impoverished.

You're FOS as usual.

Obama added the most to the Debt. The AFG war and disasters (TARP + Covid) helped add to both Trump's and Obama's debt. Not sure what point you are trying to make? Xiden's add to the Debt will dwarf everyone else's.
1632739247422.png

You should edit your comment because your own math is off on how many years ago seeing three years again was 2018 and Trump was already President and 2016 was five years ago.
Give me all the thumbs down you want Smokin' OP but fact is you wrote three years ago which would be 2018 and it was five years ago which would have been 2016.

I know the DSA frowns on proper math and believe any damn number is correct as long as it is approved by them…

WTF?
IDK what the hell you are talking about.

The total debt during each person's term.

President Obama.
By the end of his final budget, FY 2017, his budget deficits totaled $6.781 trillion over his eight years in office.
President Trump
By the end of his term four years later, his budget deficits totaled $6.6 trillion in deficits.

WTF?
IDK what the hell you are talking about.

The total debt during each person's term.

President Obama.
By the end of his final budget, FY 2017, his budget deficits totaled $6.781 trillion over his eight years in office.
President Trump
By the end of his term four years later, his budget deficits totaled $6.6 trillion in deficits.
See you can’t even comprehend the part your post stated three years ago and you quoted something from 2016 which would have been five years ago but you are not smart no matter what because in another thread you claimed Clinton won in 2016…
You're FOS as usual.

Obama added the most to the Debt. The AFG war and disasters (TARP + Covid) helped add to both Trump's and Obama's debt. Not sure what point you are trying to make? Xiden's add to the Debt will dwarf everyone else's.
View attachment 544366
Yeah, added the most in 8 years, Total = $6.781 trillion.
Trump had $6.612 trillion in 4 years.

Not even comparable.

Who's gonna be responsible, the party that votes to fund the government or the party that votes not to?
CUT SPENDING_--we can't not afford to spend any more. Chop up the credit cards, kick out the illegals, stop the welfare nonsense, stop paying people to loaf around, end the EIC nonsense and so much more.

Trump caused the shutdown, he refused to pass the bills raising the debt, that the house and senate had passed, after he said he would sign them....then he changed his mind again, because two talk radio/ right wing media hosts trashed him for it.... :rolleyes:

Beginning of shutdown​

Donald Trump meets with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer on December 11, 2018, stating "I will be the one to shut it down."

On December 11, President Trump held a televised meeting with Speaker-designate Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer in the Oval Office and asked them to support an appropriation of $5.7 billion for funding of a border wall along the U.S. southern border with Mexico. They refused, resulting in an argument between Trump and both Congressional leaders. During the contentious discussion, Trump remarked, "I am proud to shut down the government for border security ... I will be the one to shut [the government] down. I'm not going to blame you for it ... I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down." Schumer replied, "We shouldn't shut down the government over a dispute."[33]

Three days later, Politico reported that Trump was willing to sign a bill with no funding for a border wall that delayed a government shutdown into 2019 and the new Congress.[34] On December 18, following a meeting with Trump, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said that the government would not shut down on December 22 and that Trump was "flexible" over funding for a border wall. Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby commented that the most likely resolution was a bill that funded the government until early February. Schumer added that his caucus would "very seriously" consider such a bill and Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn said "I don't know anybody on the Hill that wants a shutdown, and I think all the president's advisers are telling him this would not be good."[35]

On December 19, the Senate passed a second continuing resolution (H.R. 695) that would fund the government until February 8, 2019. Pelosi announced that House Democrats would support the measure, meaning it would overcome opposition from conservative Republicans and pass the House.[36] On December 20, following increased criticism from conservative media, pundits, and political figures,[37][38] Trump reversed his position and declared that he would not sign any funding bill that did not include border wall funding. The same day, the House passed a continuing resolution that included $5 billion for the wall and $8 billion in disaster aid.[12] This bill failed in the Senate.[39] Trump's changing position caused consternation among Senate Republicans.[37][40]

More to read in this article.

He refused to sign a bill that didn't fund border security...the Dems refused to fund it.

Therein....the Dem shut it down

See you can’t even comprehend the part your post stated three years ago and you quoted something from 2016 which would have been five years ago but you are not smart no matter what because in another thread you claimed Clinton won in 2016…
Yes.
That wasn't even part of the site that I got the deficit numbers from, a totally separate and earlier article of Trump's claims.

Forum List

Back