Pelosi tries to blame Republicans for a possible gov. shutdown

Dems want to spend TRILLIONS more than we have....so they BLAME Pubs for not raising the debt ceiling and allowing Dems to just spend however much they want.

Dems are trying to topple this entire government and economy.

How much debt is enough?
WE SHOULD CUT MORE TAXES THEN THE DEBT CEILING WOULD NOT MATTER. tRUMP TAUGHT US THAT

It's not the democrats who are going to shutdown the government again.

:auiqs.jpg:

Speaker Pelosi / Chuck Schumer To Republicans:
"If you Republicans do not allow us to pass the self/Democrat Party-serving pork-packed $3.5 TRILLION dollar 'Infrastructure' bill -- that will actually cost approx $5.5 TRILLION of which only about 10% will actually go to real 'infrastructure', a bill that will NOT be paid for as we falsely claimed but will still require the largest tax increase in decades, if not ever, that will destroy middle-class-owned small businesses, we will do what we always do - blame all of YOU for shutting down the govt. "

Republican Response:
"Americans are more intelligent than that. They are not ignorant sheep that believe whatever you say. They will see right through what you're doing and will never believe you."

Dana7360: "It's not the democrats who are going to shutdown the government again."

Republicans:
"Shit."

WE SHOULD CUT MORE TAXES THEN THE DEBT CEILING WOULD NOT MATTER. tRUMP TAUGHT US THAT
well not really...what trump has shown, and well prior tax cuts, is that tax revenue will increase. The issue however is spending...and until we address medicare, medicaid and SS...the largest drivers of debt....nothing will really matter.

well not really...what trump has shown, and well prior tax cuts, is that tax revenue will increase. The issue however is spending...and until we address medicare, medicaid and SS...the largest drivers of debt....nothing will really matter.
The Democrats are trying to ram through a self-serving 'infrastructure' bill they say will cost $3.5 trillion but one experts say will end up realistically costing around $5.5 Trillion, and only a reported 10% will fund actual, real 'Infrastructure'.
- Obama promised his Porkulous bill that cost over $1 Trillion (the bill in which there was not 1 piece of GOP spending), the one touted as a 'jobs' and 'infrastructure' bill that would pay for 'shovel-ready ' jobs...in the end Barry was forced to admit there was / is no such thing as a 'Shovel-Ready' Job.
- Obama promised the same thing about his BS Obamacare bill that Pelosi is promising about their '$3.5 TRILLION' pork bomb: 'It won't cost a dime It will pay for itself.' It was a lie then, and it's a lie now.

Just like years ago, Democrats own the WH, the House, and the Senate, and like then, Democrats have not presented any plan to 'fix' Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, to end Food Stamp and other multi-billion dollar social program fraud, etc... When they lose Cpongress for the Un-Constitutional and illegal things they are doing now, they will attack the GOP for not doing these things.

Democrats - this is your chance. You OWN the Govt. Put Up, or STFU.

No, its not social security and Medicare that is the problem... The dept of defense could cut $300 billion a year, and still be triple what we spent in defense in 2000....the military industrial complex gets most of the income tax monies collected.
Social security and Medicare gets most of their funding from separate payroll taxes they collect from workers.
Medicaid, can not be cut, because that would be, inhumane.
Here's a quick look at the Budget:
2021 Federal Budget
Outlays $4.88T
Receipts $3.86T
Deficit $1.02T

Discretionary Spending
Defense $753b
Non-defense $733b
Total $1.49T

Mandatory Spending
Social Security $1,115b
Medicare $746b
Medicaid $452b
Other $660b
Interest on Debt $379b
Total $3.39T

1. Social Security is easy to "fix", just lift the cap and increase the tax 0.50% and its fixed.
2. Medicare needs to be "fixed"
3. Medicaid needs to be CUT. It is no longer affordable, and that is NOT inhumane, get a fucking job.
4. Look at "Interest on the Debt, that is wasted $$$$ and it will explode as interest rates rise.
5. Agree that Defense needs to be cut to about $600b
6. We need another "Grace Commission" to study the Budget and the Federal Government and make recommendations to Balance the Budget and pay down the Debt.

Yes it is. The last guy spent more than anyone in history and this guy is going to spend even more than that. When will the two sides hold their own accountable?

Most of it is paid for.

If John Tester and other democrats get their way, ALL of it will be paid for so NONE of it is added to the deficit and debt.

I sure hope that Tester is successful.

There is nothing wrong with spending on very needed infrastructure, especially when it's all paid and none of it will add to the huge debt we already have.

Where as most of the republican spending is never paid for and is always added to the deficit and debt.

Last edited:
But factually your post is not correct. The McConnell Trump tax cuts DID NOT INCREASE GROWTH. And the gop raised the debt limit THREE times with Dem help.

They did result in fewer taxes being collected. And we knew all along that medicare and soc sec spending would have to increase because the boomers were retiring.

The cost of the tax cuts are anywhere between 500B and 1T. I'm sure there are others.

The Dems wouldn't fund border security...the Dems caused the shutdown....and obviously we are seeing the horrible results currently of not funding border security properly.
The Dems wouldn't fund border security...the Dems caused the shutdown....and obviously we are seeing the horrible results currently of not funding border security properly.
The dems funded border security, and when Trump asked for a bill by repubs and dems in one of his presidential office meet ups, that he said he would sign, the rs and d's came together and presented him a bill that had $25 billion for border security, and Trump once again, flip flopped and said he wouldn't sign it. $25 BILLION DOLLARS for border security, and he wouldn't sign off!!!!!!!!!!

He really was an incompetant, and lousy, CHAOTIC leader imo... FLIP FLOP, FLIP FLOP, FLIP FLOP.....

ONE more thing, I'm sorry about questioning your character and honesty outside of this board.... That was wrong of me, I shouldn't have done that because this issue we are debating is more complicated than I had realized, mostly due to right wing stories that you've been fed imo.:)

Here's a quick look at the Budget:
2021 Federal Budget
Outlays $4.88T
Receipts $3.86T
Deficit $1.02T

Discretionary Spending
Defense $753b
Non-defense $733b
Total $1.49T

Mandatory Spending
Social Security $1,115b
Medicare $746b
Medicaid $452b
Other $660b
Interest on Debt $379b
Total $3.39T

1. Social Security is easy to "fix", just lift the cap and increase the tax 0.50% and its fixed.
2. Medicare needs to be "fixed"
3. Medicaid needs to be CUT. It is no longer affordable, and that is NOT inhumane, get a fucking job.
4. Look at "Interest on the Debt, that is wasted $$$$ and it will explode as interest rates rise.
5. Agree that Defense needs to be cut to about $600b
6. We need another "Grace Commission" to study the Budget and the Federal Government and make recommendations to Balance the Budget and pay down the Debt.
The difference is one is desritionary and one is mandatory...that's why Obama was correct when he referred to Medicare, Medicaid etc as the largest drivers of debt.

That is not an easy fix for SS...that's just raising taxes, and keeping the can down the road. The fix, is to model SS after Sweden as well as drastically reform SSI...folks are getting it for simply having ADHD

These would be the Republicans who loudly proclaim how important it is that we do NOT have a government shutdown

And also the same Republicans that have stated that NONE of them would vote to do that and in fact would filibuster any bill that does this
What happens if the government shuts down? We would actually be better off if it did.

But factually your post is not correct. The McConnell Trump tax cuts DID NOT INCREASE GROWTH. And the gop raised the debt limit THREE times with Dem help.

They did result in fewer taxes being collected. And we knew all along that medicare and soc sec spending would have to increase because the boomers were retiring.

The cost of the tax cuts are anywhere between 500B and 1T. I'm sure there are others.
yes, it did increase tax revenue Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?
FY 2021$3.86 (estimated)
FY 2020$3.71 trillion (estimated)
FY 2019$3.46 trillion (actual)
FY 2018$3.33 trillion
FY 2017$3.32 trillion
FY 2016$3.27 trillion

The dems funded border security, and when Trump asked for a bill by repubs and dems in one of his presidential office meet ups, that he said he would sign, the rs and d's came together and presented him a bill that had $25 billion for border security, and Trump once again, flip flopped and said he wouldn't sign it. $25 BILLION DOLLARS for border security, and he wouldn't sign off!!!!!!!!!!

He really was an incompetant, and lousy, CHAOTIC leader imo... FLIP FLOP, FLIP FLOP, FLIP FLOP.....

ONE more thing, I'm sorry about questioning your character and honesty outside of this board.... That was wrong of me, I shouldn't have done that because this issue we are debating is more complicated than I had realized, mostly due to right wing stories that you've been fed imo.:)
They refused, and shut the Govt down...they even refused to do a CR to keep it open.

yes, it did increase tax revenue Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?
FY 2021$3.86 (estimated)
FY 2020$3.71 trillion (estimated)
FY 2019$3.46 trillion (actual)
FY 2018$3.33 trillion
FY 2017$3.32 trillion
FY 2016$3.27 trillion
teh gop promised the tax cuts would generate 2.3 trillion in new revenue above the level of growth we saw in the Obama years. (not to praise obama, but the chart I posted previoulsy showed growth remained on the same curve in the Trump years, so YES REVENUE INCREASED. but where's the growth and 2.3T? IN FANTASY LAND.

NOW YOU GUYS ARE BITCHING BECAUSE THE DEM WANT TO BOOST DEMAND. LOL

What happens if the government shuts down? We would actually be better off if it did.

Initially at least most people would not notice as they do not have dealings with the Fed Govt. Depending on how long it goes on it impacts more and more people. My wife is a nurse for the VA, she will go to work regardless, but she may not get paid till it is all over. Which brings up the wasted money because by law even those that are not allowed to go to work have to be paid for the time once the shutdown is over.

But nobody is better off by it, as the people that are the actual problem, the elected officials are still working, and they are the ones that fuck everything up.

They refused, and shut the Govt down...they even refused to do a CR to keep it open.
They already passed a bill to fund the government, in both the house and senate to fund the govt without added border wall funds. Both democrats and republicans supported it, and passed it.

Democrats and republicans, did not want to give in to trump an additional $5.7 billion for the border wall, not just democrats alone.

It was Trump who refused to sign a debt ceiling bill that was passed by both houses, without an additional $5.7 billion in it for a border wall (that was just 200 miles long).

This was a flip flop of Trump's, not the Dems ....

Trump refused to sign a CResolution, without the border wall funding he wanted.

That's all on TRUMP.

Last edited:
Looking in from the UK, I would say Democrats and Republicans are not bothered with debt ceilings, deficits, national debt etc.. Neither party has tried to reduce the haemorrhaging of government finances.

Your post lies about the 2019 Budget, here is the truth, $1.1T deficit due to tax cuts trying to grow the US economy.
View attachment 544362

Now look at WTF the democrats want to pass, Its just CRAZY!! $3T deficit, due to overspending.
View attachment 544363
There is nothing in your link which contradicts what I said.

Here is federal spending by year, going all the way back to Calvin Coolidge: Federal Budget Receipts and Outlays: | The American Presidency Project

As you can see, Trump set about breaking all past spending records from day one.

And now Biden is seeking to break Trump's record spending.

Trump was a MASSIVE big spender and not one Trumpist on this board ever made so much as a single whine about it, after moaning over Obama's spending for eight years.

God knows I gave them plenty of opportunity to speak up since I started a lot of topics about Trump's spending. Every last one of them cowered.

Stark raving mad hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back