Pelosi evades metal detectors in Capital

• GOP lawmakers are saying Nancy Pelosi should face fines for allegedly skirting new screening rules.
  • Pelosi avoided the metal detectors outside the House chamber, GOP lawmakers said Friday.
  • Republican reps who've refused to walk through metal detectors have received $5,000 fines.
Republican lawmakers on Friday requested that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi face fines after allegedly skirting new rules put in place to increase safety measures following the Capitol riot.

Republicans serving on the House Administration Committee asked Timothy Blodgett, acting US Sergeant-at-Arms, to impose fines on Pelosi. In a letter to Blodgett, which was posted to Twitter, they say Pelosi did not walk through the newly installed metal detectors upon entering the House.

"Yesterday, at approximately 9:59 am, multiple members observed the Speaker of the House entering the House Chamber without completing security screening," the group wrote.

"What was observed was a clear violation of House Resolution 73 and you are required by House Rules to impose this fine. Please inform us once the fine has been assessed," the letter continued. "We look forward to a prompt response to this inquiry."

Rules for thee but not for me....

I hope she has to pay that pitiful $5,000 fine.... But obviously she won't

• GOP lawmakers are saying Nancy Pelosi should face fines for allegedly skirting new screening rules.
  • Pelosi avoided the metal detectors outside the House chamber, GOP lawmakers said Friday.
  • Republican reps who've refused to walk through metal detectors have received $5,000 fines.
Republican lawmakers on Friday requested that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi face fines after allegedly skirting new rules put in place to increase safety measures following the Capitol riot.

Republicans serving on the House Administration Committee asked Timothy Blodgett, acting US Sergeant-at-Arms, to impose fines on Pelosi. In a letter to Blodgett, which was posted to Twitter, they say Pelosi did not walk through the newly installed metal detectors upon entering the House.

"Yesterday, at approximately 9:59 am, multiple members observed the Speaker of the House entering the House Chamber without completing security screening," the group wrote.

"What was observed was a clear violation of House Resolution 73 and you are required by House Rules to impose this fine. Please inform us once the fine has been assessed," the letter continued. "We look forward to a prompt response to this inquiry."

I hope she has to pay that pitiful $5,000 fine.... But obviously she won't

She should just take it out of her ice cream budget.

Nancy's packing heat. You know, fences don't make you safe, unless your at her house. Guns are bad, unless they protect Nancy.

hopefully this twat will die a slow and agonizing death...pig-lousy deserves nothing but

Anyone who breaks that rule, should pay the fine.
Don't care who you are.
theres a law that says you cant stop any elected official from getting into session,,,
Then you think that the fines that were leveled against republicans should be refunded? Is that what you are saying?
I'm saying the constitution says you cant stop any rep or senator from getting into the chamber,,,

They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

Article I. CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF ...

She did? For sure?

must be lying.

must be lying.

Actually you're one of the biggest liars on this board.

Don't care who you are.
theres a law that says you cant stop any elected official from getting into session,,,
Then you think that the fines that were leveled against republicans should be refunded? Is that what you are saying?
I'm saying the constitution says you cant stop any rep or senator from getting into the chamber,,,

They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

So you are saying the fines that were levied against republicans for circumventing the same device as Piglosi did, should be refunded. A simple yes or no is all I am asking for.

Don't care who you are.

So you are saying the fines that were levied against republicans for circumventing the same device as Piglosi did, should be refunded. A simple yes or no is all I am asking for.

they were stupid for paying it,, if I were them I would ask for it back and call on the ones that imposed it to be punished,,,

Don't care who you are.

they were stupid for paying it,, if I were them I would ask for it back and call on the ones that imposed it to be punished,,,
Didn't think you were capable of a straight answer, even when the choices are outlined for you. You are just another democrat shill hypocrite. If the republicans are fined by a duly enacted law on their own governing body, then the democrats are too. FINE THE FUCK OUT OF PIGLOSI.

Don't care who you are.

Didn't think you were capable of a straight answer, even when the choices are outlined for you. You are just another democrat shill hypocrite. If the republicans are fined by a duly enacted law on their own governing body, then the democrats are too. FINE THE FUCK OUT OF PIGLOSI.

boy arent you reaching,,

sorry but they cant make a law if it violates the constitution,,,

why is it you repubes and you democrat friends keep pissing on the constitution???

Don't care who you are.

boy arent you reaching,,

sorry but they cant make a law if it violates the constitution,,,

why is it you repubes and you democrat friends keep pissing on the constitution???
They are congressional rules--not laws, morons--there is a difference. You morons know a lot as far as you know. No I am not a republican--one party or the other--they are all the same and you are too ignorant to figure that out.

Forum List

Back