Parler is scaring the shit out of the control freaks

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
The main complaint of the main stream stalwarts has always been: "if you don't like it go build your own" ....lol! So now suddenly they don't like it! Parler is destroying Facebook and Twitter but what's worse is that people can actually get the news from that site....the actual news.....this horrifies the ministry of information!
They can no longer control the flow of information. It wont be long before they seek to shut it down.

Jo

The main complaint is the main stream stalwarts had always been: "if you don't like it go build your own" ....lol and now suddenly they don't like it!
Parler is destroying Facebook and Twitter but what's worse is that people can actually get the news from that site....the actual news.....this horrifies the ministry of information!
They can no longer control the flow of information. It wont be long before they seek to shut it down.

Jo
Check out this one too. People are fleeing fb in droves.

The main complaint of the main stream stalwarts has always been: "if you don't like it go build your own" ....lol! So now suddenly they don't like it! Parler is destroying Facebook and Twitter but what's worse is that people can actually get the news from that site....the actual news.....this horrifies the ministry of information!

Jo

You do understand that the moment your domain of eternal free speech starts taking in too many people with deviant and violent tendencies, the clamp will be applied so fast, it will make your SSD drive explode. :)

The main complaint is the main stream stalwarts had always been: "if you don't like it go build your own" ....lol and now suddenly they don't like it!
Parler is destroying Facebook and Twitter but what's worse is that people can actually get the news from that site....the actual news.....this horrifies the ministry of information!

Jo
Check out this one too. People are fleeing fb in droves.

I would, but I want a sample before I join something. In order to see inside, one has to sign up. Nah.

Personally...I think I'll stick with usmb.It has its rules but its not like twatter or even parler, which is a bitch to try to get the hang of. Still trying to understand Parler...and twatter I no longer have to worry about since they kicked me out, lol.

Jo
So...like...who is scared?

Competition is good (though twitter et al seems like a waste of time).

Personally...I think I'll stick with usmb.It has its rules but its not like twatter or even parler, which is a bitch to try to get the hang of. Still trying to understand Parler...and twatter I no longer have to worry about since they kicked me out, lol.
I find I can understand the community better...Twitter just seems like listening to a crowd.

I find I can understand the community better...Twitter just seems like listening to a crowd.
Exactly. Having a crayon and writing on whatever small area you can find to scribble your own thoughts...but there are so many scribbles, most of the time nobody sees what you scribbled.
I gave enough links to this place while there...so hopefully those that followed me or chatted with me often will remember where I said to go when they notice I am MIA. Here. To usmb.:hhello:

Exactly. Having a crayon and writing on whatever small area you can find to scribble your own thoughts...but there are so many scribbles, most of the time nobody sees what you scribbled.
I gave enough links to this place while there...so hopefully those that followed me or chatted with me often will remember where I said to go when they notice I am MIA. Here. To usmb.:hhello:
Great analogy! And Twitter/parlor etc gives everyone an inflated sense of self importance.

We need chat lines again. Everyone get on and chat with one another, like the good old days.
Way back when..I was amazed with my webtv and their chat rooms. We talked about everything and everything. Sometimes it would scroll so fast, you couldn't keep up but it was still fun.

Never heard of that. Funny I guess.
webtv was great. But then I progressed to a real pc. They had lots of chat rooms. I usually hung out in the women's lounge. It was called Talk City. Many many years ago. I kinda miss that. But I like message board better. We have best smilies, don't have so many words we have to stick to, can call each other into threads and in general..be more human like instead of robotic.

Jo

Really? I've not yet heard anyone complaining about it. Where are you hearing this?

Great analogy! And Twitter/parlor etc gives everyone an inflated sense of self importance.
Oh yes! And the beggings to follow each other. Some even say "first 20 to retweet this, I will follow" as if they are special or something. Meh. Phooey on 'em.

Forum List

Back