Parents Of Michigan High School Shooting Suspect Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter

How do you know?

Please...explain...how do you know?

Do you know what they were trying to do with this boy? Was he in counseling, were they trying to decide the best way to deal with the situation....a horrible situation to have to deal with......?

What was going on between the parents and the school at the time....?

How concerned was the school about this kid? If they were really concerned, what were they doing?

Do you understand that this situation is complex, not easy, and that believing what the prosecutor and the press are telling you, at this point, is just silly....

The facts will come out, and we will see what we see...
usually these situations are complex. In this particular case, it’s not complex at all.

The parents were shown a drawing the kid made where he drew himself shooting his classmates. He drew dead bodies. He drew a picture of the gun they had given him as an early Christmas present. He wrote “so much blood everywhere” He wrote “I can’t stop the bad thoughts. Help me”.

All this was shown to the parents hours before the shooting. They were asked to take their son home. They refused.

usually these situations are complex. In this particular case, it’s not complex at all.

The parents were shown a drawing the kid made where he drew himself shooting his classmates. He drew dead bodies. He drew a picture of the gun they had given him as an early Christmas present. He wrote “so much blood everywhere” He wrote “I can’t stop the bad thoughts. Help me”.

All this was shown to the parents hours before the shooting. They were asked to take their son home. They refused.

Yeah...when were they shown the drawing......?

My brother, in grade school drew a picture of the Hindenburg on fire and people falling into the Ocean (I know, he was in grade school) getting eaten by sharks........

He has been a police officer for close to 30 years.......

Do you know what the parents were doing before this with this kid?

Until you do, you really can't say anything intelligent about what happened before the shooting....

She texted her son.. Don't do it.
Which would go to the benefit of the parents, that it was their intent that their son not harm anyone.

‘Legal experts were quick to point out that such charges are far from the norm -- it is James and Jennifer Crumbley's 15-year-old son, Ethan, who is accused of pulling the trigger and killing four of his fellow high school students.

"It's exceptionally unusual," said Cassandra Crifasi, deputy director of Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Violence and Research. "We rarely hold people accountable for giving someone a gun who shouldn't have one."’

Which would go to the benefit of the parents, that it was their intent that their son not harm anyone.

‘Legal experts were quick to point out that such charges are far from the norm -- it is James and Jennifer Crumbley's 15-year-old son, Ethan, who is accused of pulling the trigger and killing four of his fellow high school students.

"It's exceptionally unusual," said Cassandra Crifasi, deputy director of Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Violence and Research. "We rarely hold people accountable for giving someone a gun who shouldn't have one."’

You mean like the parents of the Black Teenager who shot 3 people at his school, and was out on bail the next day.....you mean the way they didn't arrest his parents?

Yeah...when were they shown the drawing......?

My brother, in grade school drew a picture of the Hindenburg on fire and people falling into the Ocean (I know, he was in grade school) getting eaten by sharks........

He has been a police officer for close to 30 years.......

Do you know what the parents were doing before this with this kid?

Until you do, you really can't say anything intelligent about what happened before the shooting....
They were shown it hours before the shooting. It was a school conference. A teacher saw the drawing and was obviously disturbed by it and the school called the parents in for an emergency conference.

They showed the parents this picture and told the parents they needed to take their son home and get him into counseling. The parents refused to take the son home.

They left, the son stayed. Two hours later the son shoot and killed multiple people.

This is all matter of public record.

They purchased the gun, as a christmas present, and let him unwrap it long before christmas. They taught him to shoot it, and left it where he could find it. They played a key role in enabling the shooting to take place. The classic "if not for" argument.
Again, the issue isn’t the parent’s responsibility, but the unwarranted severity of the punishment sought.

They were shown it hours before the shooting. It was a school conference. A teacher saw the drawing and was obviously disturbed by it and the school called the parents in for an emergency conference.

They showed the parents this picture and told the parents they needed to take their son home and get him into counseling. The parents refused to take the son home.

They left, the son stayed. Two hours later the son shoot and killed multiple people.

This is all matter of public record.

So........hours before the shooting? They have to make life changing moves after one meeting with the school?

You are going with that?

Really?

Do you know anyting else? Anything more substantial?

So........hours before the shooting? They have to make life changing moves after one meeting with the school?

You are going with that?

Really?

Do you know anyting else? Anything more substantial?
If your kid is explicitly stating he has “bad thoughts” that he can’t stop thinking about shooting his classmates, yes, you have to make the decision to take him home. I’m going with that.

They knew their son was troubled. They knew he was having homicidal ideation. They knew he had access to a gun.

Why didn’t they take him home? Give me one possible reason.

There’s literally nothing more substantial than the picture they were shown.

Last edited:
If people need to be presented with the facts again, from Fox News:

The teen then took to social media around that date to post images of a semi-automatic handgun with the caption "just got my new beauty today [heart emoji] sig sauer 9mm any questions I will answer," according to McDonald.

The next day, McDonald said Jennifer Crumbley posted on social media "mom and son day testing out his new Christmas present."

In the week before the shooting, on Nov. 21, McDonald said a teacher at Oxford High School had noticed Ethan Crumbley searching for ammunition on his cell phone during class and reported the incident to administrators.

His mother then was contacted by phone and email, but the school never heard back from her, McDonald says. Instead, she added, Jennifer exchanged text messages with her son about the incident, one of which said "Lol I’m not mad at you, you have to learn not to get caught."

Then on the morning of the shooting, Ethan's teacher noticed an alarming note on his desk that contained drawings of a semi-automatic handgun, a bullet and a person being shot twice with the phrases "the thoughts won't stop, help me," "blood everywhere," "my life is useless" and "the world is dead" written throughout, according to McDonald.

The prosecutor said Ethan and his parents were immediately summoned to a meeting, during which they were told they were required to get their son into counseling within 48 hours.

At that meeting, the parents were shown Ethan’s drawing but portions of it were scratched out by Ethan beforehand, such as the drawing of the gun and bloody figure, McDonald said.

She noted that the parents resisted the idea of their son leaving school at that time and departed the building without him. He then returned to the classroom and hours later drew the weapon from his backpack and started firing.

Michigan school shooting: Ethan Crumbley’s parents facing involuntary manslaughter charges

Of your kid is explicitly stating he has “bad thoughts” that he can’t stop about shooting his classmates, yes, you have to make the decision to take him home. I’m going with that.

They knew their son was troubled. They knew he was having homicidal ideation. They knew he had access to a gun.

Why didn’t they take him home? Give me one possible reason.

There’s literally nothing more substantial than the picture they were shown.

And you got this from the one meeting? The day it happened?

Really?

Wow, you are good.

The picture? Really..........

My brother drew a picture of the burning hindenburg and people falling into water getting attacked by sharks..........in school......and he has been a police officer for almost 30 years now...

Watch the video by Styx...he explains this so that even you might understand it...

Starts at 23 second mark...

If people need to be presented with the facts again, from Fox News:

The teen then took to social media around that date to post images of a semi-automatic handgun with the caption "just got my new beauty today [heart emoji] sig sauer 9mm any questions I will answer," according to McDonald.

The next day, McDonald said Jennifer Crumbley posted on social media "mom and son day testing out his new Christmas present."

In the week before the shooting, on Nov. 21, McDonald said a teacher at Oxford High School had noticed Ethan Crumbley searching for ammunition on his cell phone during class and reported the incident to administrators.

His mother then was contacted by phone and email, but the school never heard back from her, McDonald says. Instead, she added, Jennifer exchanged text messages with her son about the incident, one of which said "Lol I’m not mad at you, you have to learn not to get caught."

Then on the morning of the shooting, Ethan's teacher noticed an alarming note on his desk that contained drawings of a semi-automatic handgun, a bullet and a person being shot twice with the phrases "the thoughts won't stop, help me," "blood everywhere," "my life is useless" and "the world is dead" written throughout, according to McDonald.

The prosecutor said Ethan and his parents were immediately summoned to a meeting, during which they were told they were required to get their son into counseling within 48 hours.

At that meeting, the parents were shown Ethan’s drawing but portions of it were scratched out by Ethan beforehand, such as the drawing of the gun and bloody figure, McDonald said.

She noted that the parents resisted the idea of their son leaving school at that time and departed the building without him. He then returned to the classroom and hours later drew the weapon from his backpack and started firing.

Michigan school shooting: Ethan Crumbley’s parents facing involuntary manslaughter charges

So....again....the first meeting......and the school said they had 48 hours.....why didn't the school contact the police if they were so worried?

48 hours......? And no police?

Do you understand how dumb you sound?

Again, you don't know anything about this situation....if this was the very first meeting then you really have nothing to say......these are complicated issues, and schools are generally really bad at them....

The Parkland School knew the shooter long before the shooting, and could have had him arrested for various felonies on campus.....they refused, using the obama "Promise Program," to not prosecute him......

So really, you don't know anyting...

What about this deflection? Can't stay on topic?

Not a deflection....goes right to the point...you shitheads are piling onto these parents without knowing the situation...

You do know that a black teenager also shot 3 people in his school......and was out on bail the next day...and shitheads like you weren't calling for the parents to be arrested......

The only difference between the two cases is the black teenager wasn't able to actually complete his attempted murder....

My brother drew a picture of the burning hindenburg and people falling into water getting attacked by sharks..........in school......and he has been a police officer for almost 30 years now...
You think that’s the same as drawing a picture of yourself shooting your classmates with captions reading “the bad thoughts won’t stop”?

You think that’s the same as drawing a picture of yourself shooting your classmates with captions reading “the bad thoughts won’t stop”?

It is different....but again.......what was his behavior before this?

If the school was so afraid, why didn't they call the police in immediately?

If the situation was immediate, why did they give the parents 48 hours?

If the situation was immediate, why didn't they expel the student or refuse to allow him to stay?

You don't know anything, but post like a champ....

It is different....but again.......what was his behavior before this?

If the school was so afraid, why didn't they call the police in immediately?

If the situation was immediate, why did they give the parents 48 hours?

If the situation was immediate, why didn't they expel the student or refuse to allow him to stay?

You don't know anything, but post like a champ....
I’ve stated many times in posts here that I don’t know why the school didn’t remove the student immediately once the parents refused to take him home. Obviously they made a mistake,too. It was a clusterfuck and perhaps the school should and will face charges.

none of this changes anything I said about the parents and their responsibility.

Forum List

Back