Papist Fight! Pelosi pushes back on archbishop who denies her Communion

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Cordileone made her a offer she refused.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi pushed back Tuesday on the decision by San Francisco's conservative Catholic archbishop to deny her Communion over her support of abortion rights, saying she respects that people have opposing views but not when they impose them on others.

The California Democrat says she comes from a large family with many members who oppose abortion. “I respect people’s views about that. But I don’t respect us foisting it onto others.” Pelosi added, “Our archbishop has been vehemently against LGBTQ rights. In fact he led the way in an initiative on the ballot in California.”

Pelosi made her comments on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” In a letter last week to Pelosi, Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone said he would refuse her Communion after she vowed to codify into law the Supreme Court’s Roe vs. Wade decision establishing a constitutional right to abortion. That legislation passed the House but died last week in the Senate.

Pelosi pushes back on archbishop who denies her Communion

That's what the left is doing to the rest of us. Imposing unrestricted abortion practices on the rest of us and eventually we pay for all of it. That's not right. That's slavery for those that disagree with it. It's also what destroys a nation.

Cordileone made her a offer she refused.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi pushed back Tuesday on the decision by San Francisco's conservative Catholic archbishop to deny her Communion over her support of abortion rights, saying she respects that people have opposing views but not when they impose them on others.

The California Democrat says she comes from a large family with many members who oppose abortion. “I respect people’s views about that. But I don’t respect us foisting it onto others.” Pelosi added, “Our archbishop has been vehemently against LGBTQ rights. In fact he led the way in an initiative on the ballot in California.”

Pelosi made her comments on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” In a letter last week to Pelosi, Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone said he would refuse her Communion after she vowed to codify into law the Supreme Court’s Roe vs. Wade decision establishing a constitutional right to abortion. That legislation passed the House but died last week in the Senate.

Pelosi pushes back on archbishop who denies her Communion
The California Democrat says she comes from a large family with many members who oppose abortion.
Why is she still Catholic?

That's what the left is doing to the rest of us. Imposing unrestricted abortion practices on the rest of us and eventually we pay for all of it. That's not right. That's slavery for those that disagree with it. It's also what destroys a nation.
My wife's friends tried to talk her into marching "To protect women's rights". She declined. Old women are losing their minds because the law is being returned to the state level which is where it always should have been. They are letting kids out of school to protest calling it a "day of learning". FFS this country is going down the tubes.

1653501072319.png

Forum List

Back