Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

The left should absolutely boycott Papa John's, and Chick Fil A, Longhorn, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and all the rest. They can stay home and stop eating out all together.

What Papa Johns will do, and all the others is not increase their workforce here, but start expansion in countries that are more hospitable. As the left succeeds franchises will close here and open elsewhere. If the left wants to boycott, let them. All that will do is show these companies that there really isn't a future in the US and they will act accordingly.

You mean like countries with universal government healthcare?

Few do have universal government healthcare. The most successful have a program where the individual pays toward their own healthcare. The communist countries who have already determined that universal government healthcare doesn't work is transitioning into privatization now.

OK, He said 11-14 cents more a pizza-o.k. big deal, just do it. Second, it would be the same if Romney won because Romney would not be able to repeal Obamacare with a Democratic Senate so would he have made this big a production out of cutting hours if Romney won? No but he's a big Romney donor and a sor loser. Third, he's going to lose business because many who voted for Obama won't order pizza from him anymore. And finally, Papa John's pizza sucks.

He is not going to 'just do it.'

Papa Johns is a publically traded multinational.

You had better believe they will act to mitigate costs first and foremost.

Faster, better and cheaper built the modern world.

OK, He said 11-14 cents more a pizza-o.k. big deal, just do it. Second, it would be the same if Romney won because Romney would not be able to repeal Obamacare with a Democratic Senate so would he have made this big a production out of cutting hours if Romney won? No but he's a big Romney donor and a sor loser. Third, he's going to lose business because many who voted for Obama won't order pizza from him anymore. And finally, Papa John's pizza sucks.

He is not going to 'just do it.'

Papa Johns is a publically traded multinational.

You had better believe they will act to mitigate costs first and foremost.

Faster, better and cheaper built the modern world.

Good thing Papa Johns is none of those.

OK, He said 11-14 cents more a pizza-o.k. big deal, just do it.

Second, it would be the same if Romney won because Romney would not be able to repeal Obamacare with a Democratic Senate so would he have made this big a production out of cutting hours if Romney won? No but he's a big Romney donor and a sore loser.

Third, he's going to lose business because many who voted for Obama won't order pizza from him anymore.

And finally, Papa John's pizza sucks.

Right, right, and right

Doesn't indicate whether the average Papa John's franchise even has 50 full-time employees. Do they?

Hmmm, that does seem unlikely.

Financial Requirements

Investment:
Minimum Net Worth: $250K-2MM
Cash Investment: $varies
Total Investment: $115.8-549.5K
Average Total Investment: $333K

Fees:
Initial Franchise Fee: $25K/Unit
Average Franchise Fee: $25K
On-Going Royalty: 5%
Average Royalty: 5%
Advertising Fee: 2.82%

Average Number of Employees: 8 Full-time, 18 Part-time

Papa Johns International

worked for you asshole. you've called Republicans every name in the book.

Have I? I think you're projecting. Come up with a substantive post and maybe I'll care what you say.

You will run away.

I will give you the several links which prove you liberals are the least likely Demographic to buy America or help the poor if you agree to stick around, discuss it and take your beatdown.

Deal?

"I will give you the several links which prove you liberals are the least likely Demographic to buy America or help the poor"

I don't care to make a deal with you, but could you please provide something to substantiate this? Thank you.

You will be pissed when you are expected to crank out 5 more pizzas per shift for no extra pay.

Well, probably not, because as long as Papa Johns keep acting like assholes, less folks will buy their pizzas.. so not so much.

Doesn't work that way in the real world.

The most efficient wins.

In the real world, people don't buy from companies run by assholes.

Papa Johns is pretty much acting like assholes. People won't buy their tomato flavored cardboard when they hear that.

The left should absolutely boycott Papa John's, and Chick Fil A, Longhorn, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and all the rest. They can stay home and stop eating out all together.

What Papa Johns will do, and all the others is not increase their workforce here, but start expansion in countries that are more hospitable. As the left succeeds franchises will close here and open elsewhere. If the left wants to boycott, let them. All that will do is show these companies that there really isn't a future in the US and they will act accordingly.

You mean like countries with universal government healthcare?

Few do have universal government healthcare. The most successful have a program where the individual pays toward their own healthcare. The communist countries who have already determined that universal government healthcare doesn't work is transitioning into privatization now.

Stop talking, please.

Blaming Obama's re-election for layoffs will be a hot fad for awhile. It's exactly the kind of thing people do who aren't capable of taking responsibility for their own actions.

I figured whining about it makes him seem like a cry baby.

Since when do corporations complain about costs going up to the public? Should I expect to read the Walmart CEO bitching about the price of gas to fuel their trucks? Costco going to demand I take interest in skyrocketing prices for uniform production?

Since Tuesday, when 51% of America re-elected the second coming of Jimmy Carter...

It's just another decision the big gov forced on big business, you and I will pay for it, no big deal, we can afford all their dumb ass decisions...

Applebee's founder and owner was a Democrap until Obamination started fucking things up. He said he has cut workers hours to prevent them from being full time employees that require Obamacare benefits.

Applebees and Papa Johns understand they can't raise the price of their food $2-$5 per order just to pay for worker's healthcare because they will lose business. People will quit eating their food if they are spending so much to eat food.

Eating at home or off the McDonalds $1 menu will be their new meal choice.

Obamacare results in a 13 cents increase in each pizza.

This guy is a dick, and his pizza sucks. I would boycott him if I wasn't already doing so because of the quality.

I completely agree. Papa John can eat shit or even worse, one of his pizzas.

Blaming Obama's re-election for layoffs will be a hot fad for awhile. It's exactly the kind of thing people do who aren't capable of taking responsibility for their own actions.

They will point to rightwing led companies laying off employees out of spite

Meanwhile the country will still add 150,000 employees a month

The most successful franchises will be owned by immigrants who will use the principles of chain migration to employ only family members and avoid no end of regulations and taxes imposed on an American in the same business.

It's basic economics...thus liberals are too fucking stupid to understand.

If Papa Johns didn't have competition from Dominos, any other fast food place or even Tombstone...then they could raise prices for Obama's bullshit, but since they need to operate with a profit they can't just add millions to their operating costs so their pizza maker with a HS degree can go get FREE knee surgery.

Elections have consequences....

If Papa Johns runs such a shitty business model that a .14 cent increase will affect their business that much, then the market place will weed them out and allow another pizza chain to fill the gap that Papa Johns can't fill because of their poor business model.

How come Pizza Hut isn't complaining?
How come Dominos isn't complaining?

Our country places a priority on people being able to get healthcare over trivial items such as pizza. If Papa Johns can't adapt to the market conditions they will be left behind. Gotta love capitalism.

Forum List

Back