Papa John Pizza is the worst

The best pizza? It begins and ends at L&B Spumoni Gardens in Brooklyn. Best pizza west of the Hudson? Try Antony's (that's right, no "H") in Monaca, Pennsylvania.

Pizza from a chain store? Consider the words of the sainted Frank Zappa: "Is that a real poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?". Is that a real pizza, or is that a chain store pizza?

Our Papa Murphy's closed years ago. Wife liked it but I thought it was meh.

We have one three minutes from the house.
I turn on the oven when I leave and it's beeping ready when I walk through the door.
They load the shit out of em!!! And you can build it anyway you want.
The ingredients are top notch and fresh.
By far the best pizza around.
Well there's one in the town 10 miles west of me. I'll consider it. But if I don't like it I'm gonna rain some whup ass down on you. :slap:

Pick one up on your way home one day.
What do ya have to lose?
Especially for 15 bucks.
But seriously,it kicks the shit out of any delivery pizza by far.

I turn on the oven when I leave and it's beeping ready when I walk through the door.
Well there's one in the town 10 miles west of me. I'll consider it. But if I don't like it I'm gonna rain some whup ass down on you. :slap:

Pick one up on your way home one day.
What do ya have to lose?
Especially for 15 bucks.
But seriously,it kicks the shit out of any delivery pizza by far.
That's just it. It's not on my way home. I'll have to drive 10 miles west, then 10 miles back east. I'll do it next time we're over there which is usually to go to Pet Smart for dog food.

The thing you have to remember.
They have no pizza ovens or the cost of running them all day so the money goes into the ingredients.
They make their pizza dough fresh daily so it's always good.
And if you pick the make my own pizza option you have no one to blame but yourself if it sucks.:biggrin:

Nosmo King

Send me a good pizza pleeaseeeee!
Pizza, unfortunately, is not a 'durable good'. The shelf life of a good pizza prohibits shipment. You really have to be there.

Twenty odd years ago, I had a project that took me to Naples, Itsly. There, they have a government agency, Pizza Police if you will, to assure the purity of ingredients and the method of production. A Neopolitan pizza MUST be baked in a proper wood fired oven, have buffalo mozzarella cheese, fresh basil (not oregano) and fresh tomatoes. Extra virgin olive oil, hand tossed dough and locally caught anchovies.

Pizza is a sacred food.

I want one cooked in those wonderful brick ovens. Sheesh I can't even think now what they are called. :eusa_eh:

Nosmo King

Pizza, unfortunately, is not a 'durable good'. The shelf life of a good pizza prohibits shipment. You really have to be there.

Twenty odd years ago, I had a project that took me to Naples, Itsly. There, they have a government agency, Pizza Police if you will, to assure the purity of ingredients and the method of production. A Neopolitan pizza MUST be baked in a proper wood fired oven, have buffalo mozzarella cheese, fresh basil (not oregano) and fresh tomatoes. Extra virgin olive oil, hand tossed dough and locally caught anchovies.

Pizza is a sacred food.

Sigh...I know, I know. It was a good thought though.
Hey I do get shipments of things on dry ice that does great...(not pizza, perishables though)

Nosmo King

Pizza is a sacred food.

My dream is to eat my way across Italy.
Every town has their specialty whether it's it's pizza,cheese or any number of dishes.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
The Mom and Pop joints in my area are far too good to order a chain pie. It would be blasphemy.

Have you tried a Papa Murphy's?

Never heard of it. I don't believe there isn't any in area.

They build your pie to order and you bring it home and cook it yourself.
The best part? A 16 inch pie is only 15 bucks and they load it down with toppings of your choice.
You like your crust crispy? Pull the tray out at 14 minutes and let it go for another five.
I shit you not it's the best pie you'll ever eat!!!!
Thick crust,thin or double stacked,your choice.
And you can get a couple of em and cook one the next day.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Problemo! My oven is top of the line but it's too small to bake a large pizza. Papa Murphy only makes large pies.

That REALLY sucks!

I want one cooked in those wonderful brick ovens. Sheesh I can't even think now what they are called. :eusa_eh:

Brick ovens?

Yes. Makes wonderful crusts and pizza.

I meant they're called brick ovens..:biggrin:
But yes they do make an interesting crust. A little burned on the bottom is expected,and tasty.

Oh. Don't mind me. I have a million things going on....multi-tasking..and I AM blonde...:D

That's just it. It's not on my way home. I'll have to drive 10 miles west, then 10 miles back east. I'll do it next time we're over there which is usually to go to Pet Smart for dog food.

Nosmo King

Pizza is a sacred food.

Sigh...I know, I know. It was a good thought though.
Hey I do get shipments of things on dry ice that does great...(not pizza, perishables though)
I'll send you good pizza, you send me Dreamland Ribs from Tuscaloosa.

Forum List

Back