Panetta admitted they let the men die in Libya

We could have tried something,anything.
Or we could have done everything to save those people.
We had choices and it seems like our leader just decided
to ignore it.Did he have an appearance on Jay Leno he was
prepping for.
If we had a competent Executive Branch, it would have taken more seriously its duties of providing for the common defense of the American soil our embassy is supposed to be..

The embassy isn't "American Soil". That's an "artificial" construct set up between nations to provide an area of diplomatic immunity to conduct international business and discussions.

That construct can go away just as easily as it is granted. And there is no constitutional mandate to defend that land.

Which is why our diplomats take some pretty big risks when dealing in fragile or hostile countries.

And they know that risk is part of the job.

Bullshit, none of them knew that the President wouldn't lift a fucking finger to help them if they were attacked. They would of assumed, just like anyone, that they would have some protection.

Is there any doubt? There was a Marine base close enough to offer Helicopter gun ship support and the embassy was within the striking distance for US fighter planes. The president watched the 7 hour battle in real time and did nothing even when Veteran Seals called for help. With the cooperation of the US media the president managed to blame a You Tube movie promo that nobody ever saw.

He may not have watched the entire attack. He went to bed.

Obama Went to Bed While Consulate was Under Siege

For all the questions on Libya, we have the answer to one very big one. That question being "why weren't the victims rescued".

The answer comes from the Defense Secretary in a press conference. Now liberals this is not Fox News or Faux News as you like to call that media outlet reporting on rumor.

This is Panetta in his own words and my link is to the Washington Post.

He openly admits...

who cares?

:eusa_whistle:

Personally, I think they weighed the World Wide Political repercussions, and decided to stand down and do nothing. They placed their concerns for how we are viewed outside of the US, over American Lives, sacrificing Americans to the angry horde. Of course, the Right thing to do, was to Intervene and Rescue those in harm's way. A trust was broken and covered up. We do get the Government we deserve.

The U.S. military did not quickly intervene during the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya last month because military leaders did not have adequate intelligence information and felt they should not put American forces at risk, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Thursday.

---

military leaders did not have....military leaders did not have adequate....

no one cares about the FAUX News

Last edited:
Personally, I think they weighed the World Wide Political repercussions, and decided to stand down and do nothing. They placed their concerns for how we are viewed outside of the US, over American Lives, sacrificing Americans to the angry horde. Of course, the Right thing to do, was to Intervene and Rescue those in harm's way. A trust was broken and covered up. We do get the Government we deserve.

you think this is of greater importance than ignoring state department warnings about what would happen if we went into baghdad?

because of that little adventure, 4000 of our bravest died.

you think this is of greater importance than ignoring daily security briefings and allowing 3,000 new yorkers to die?

just wondering. because i don't recall seeing hysteria from the right about those things. in fact, i recall just the opposite.

Panetta is a yes man with no military experience. That shows how committed Obama was to defense in the first place.

Panetta has stood up to Obama in the past. He has backbone. I suspect he has little support, and is having a hard time fighting the current.

Send troops in before we know what is happening?

cool

the right wing demands another Black Hawk Down?

Black Hawk Down was the result of poor planing, limited resource, and denial of heavier fire power. You think those Black Hawks and Humvee's were armored? Politics denied proper planning and execution, there. Read the book.

Send troops in before we know what is happening?

cool

the right wing demands another Black Hawk Down?

For a Rescue and Evac, damned right.

seriously, this ain't a hollywood movie

With all the expert military leaders here, we could win WWII

"military leaders did not have adequate intelligence information and felt they should not put American forces at risk" - from the OP

This failed administration knew three hours before the attack that forces were mobilizing. To come back now and say we didn't know is asinine. If they didn't know it was deliberate.

you think this is of greater importance than ignoring state department warnings about what would happen if we went into baghdad?

because of that little adventure, 4000 of our bravest died.

you think this is of greater importance than ignoring daily security briefings and allowing 3,000 new yorkers to die?

just wondering. because i don't recall seeing hysteria from the right about those things. in fact, i recall just the opposite.

The invasion went fine. Very well executed. The restructure was a fail. Where was the State Department for 3 Years? Criticizing, obstructing, insuring failure? Yeah, good one.

It is claimed there was a drone which provided enough intelligence for the CIA to send personnel in. Having more personnel and materiel available did not do the job as they were not sent in. Working with the Libyans for protection did not do the job. This was a total failure on many fronts. I do not think jets strafing the area would have helped, but, helicopters would have been a more effective means to move in the area and provide protection and back up.

prepping for.
If we had a competent Executive Branch, it would have taken more seriously its duties of providing for the common defense of the American soil our embassy is supposed to be..

The embassy isn't "American Soil". That's an "artificial" construct set up between nations to provide an area of diplomatic immunity to conduct international business and discussions.

That construct can go away just as easily as it is granted. And there is no constitutional mandate to defend that land.

Which is why our diplomats take some pretty big risks when dealing in fragile or hostile countries.

Ambassador Stevens was terrified. We know this from his cables and the emails. That risk is not part of the job Sallow.

One expects the basics of protection even in a hostile environment like Libya.

The Ambassador had none.

Just say it. You are blaming the Ambassador for his own death. You are now no different than that douche bag of a poster Lil'olLady.

You now blame the Ambassador for his own death because he didn't choose "Brussels"

You are not a hairs difference than her.

What a pity. I always thought you a good poster. Man what a pity.

It is claimed there was a drone which provided enough intelligence for the CIA to send personnel in. Having more personnel and materiel available did not do the job as they were not sent in. Working with the Libyans for protection did not do the job. This was a total failure on many fronts. I do not think jets strafing the area would have helped, but, helicopters would have been a more effective means to move in the area and provide protection and back up.

I just want answers. To some very crucial questions.

When I witness the Secretary of Defense going "its too risky to send in a rescue team"

I have to I must think "OK buddy. the consulate is surrounded by gerbils. Can we send someone in now or is that one too risky"

And I can and will attest to I will never ever baby sit a degu ever again in my life, long story,

But how Panetta failed these men is beyond a bazooka barf. I've never seen the like.

Last edited:

I just want answers. To some very crucial questions.

When I witness the Secretary of Defense going "its too risky to send in a rescue team"

I have to I must think "OK buddy. the consulate is surrounded by gerbils. Can we send someone in now or is that one too risky"

And I can and will attest to I will never ever baby sit a degu ever again in my life, long story,

But how Panetta failed these men is beyond a bazooka barf. I've never seen the like.

Truly unforgivable....:mad:

For all the questions on Libya, we have the answer to one very big one. That question being "why weren't the victims rescued".

The answer comes from the Defense Secretary in a press conference. Now liberals this is not Fox News or Faux News as you like to call that media outlet reporting on rumor.

This is Panetta in his own words and my link is to the Washington Post.

He openly admits...

who cares?

I care.

prepping for.

So your saying that If I went to the French embassy and threw a moltov cocktail at it, it shouldn't be seen as an act of war, because they did not dig up the actual soil from france, transfer it to the US, and build their building on top of it?

And you also agree that there was no excuse not to ramp up security in benghazi since it is in a risky hostile area, and the diplomats and the politicians back at home know that?

Forum List

Back