Pallywood in action: staging "Price Tag", blaming Jews

Coyote: Thanks for acknowledging the flaw in your analogy.

You said "At least they (SOME perps of the Ramallah lynchings) were hunted down and prosecuted" Well, not so much since the man with the blood all over his hands has been released - and was welcomed as a "hero".

From the Wiki article:

Arrests of lynching suspects[edit]

After he assumed office, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon ordered the Israeli security services to find and arrest the lynchers. Israel subsequently tracked down those responsible:
Aziz Salha was arrested in 2001. He admitted to being one of those who broke in to the police station and choking one of the soldiers while others beat him bloody. When he saw that his hands were covered with the soldier's blood, he went to the window and proudly displayed his blood-stained hands to the mob below, and was photographed while doing so.[14][15] In 2004, an Israeli court convicted him for the murder of Corporal Vadim Nurzhitz and sentenced him to life imprisonment.[16][17] In October 2011 he was controversially released as part of the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange.[18]
Muhammad Howara, a Tanzim activist, was arrested in 2001. He admitted breaking into the police station and stabbing one of the soldiers.[14]
Ziad Hamdada, a Fatah Tanzim operative who set fire to the body of one of the Israeli reservists, was arrested in 2002. He had also participated in and planned other attacks on Israeli forces.[14]
Mohamed Abu Ida, a former member of the Palestinian police force in Ramallah, was arrested by Shin Bet in 2005. During the investigation, he admitted to having had led the two Israeli soldiers to the Ramallah police station after which he joined the other rioters.[19]
Wisam Radi, a Palestinian policeman, was arrested by Israeli security forces and indicted before a military court in 2005 for killing Yosef Avrahami and abusing the body of Vadim Nurzhitz. In 2010, he was acquitted of Avrahami's murder on grounds that a critical piece of evidence was inadmissible in court. He was, however, convicted of mutilating Nurzhitz's body and sentenced to seven years in prison. An appellate court later overturned the decision not to convict him of murder following an appeal by the military prosecution.[20]
Haiman Zabam, a Tanzim operative, was arrested by Israeli paratroopers on September 26, 2007. He had been planning additional attacks on Israel.[21]
Marwan Ibrahim Tawfik Maadi and Yasser Ibrahim Mohammed Khatab, two Hamas members, were arrested by Shin Bet and Israeli Police during the breakup of a Hamas network in Ramallah and the Binyamin region. During the interrogation, they confessed to participating in the lynching, and in August 2012, they were indicted before a military court.[20][22][23

I refuse to consider graffitti as "crime", as I said before. I do reject any kind of actual physical violence on innocent people.

"Price tag" as itself is anything but terrorism or crime. As a matter of fact, this method originated at the 60's and 70's of the past century. Unit funded by Ariel Sharon, called the 101 unit, was the one to initiate the "price tag". Arab terrorists known as the Fadayun would hurt and kill innocent Jews and civilians.

The 101 unit will find them, burn down their houses and destroy their property. The idea was to hurt them and them alone. Nobody in those years considered that as "terrorism", it was a war, they hurt us? we hurt them.

Price tag of today, I'm talking about the more drastic cases, not the cartoon kids, are condemned because they aren't targeted on the terrorists themselves, since it's at times impossible to track them, so what the settlers do is spread the rage on any palestinian they find.

That is no better than what they do to us, and that I highly condemn.

For the record, Israel is not a victim. Israel is a strong nation, established upon the idea of never being a victim ever again.

This is a war of surviving, and we have much more to lose than the Arabs.

That's how I see it, anyway

Well said....also, I did not know the history of Price Tag (or that it had such a long history)

Though, I do not agree with grafitti not being a crime. Not when it's designed to spread, hate, intimidation and fear on innocent people. In the US, grafitti was a weapon used against blacks during the civil right era to shut down their voices, intimidate them from voting, force them to move. It was used by anti-semites on Jewish synagogues along with other vandalization of sacred spaces. The intent? Send a message - we want you out and you will never be safe here. How is that not a crime? Sure, it is not in the same league as distruction of physical life, but not a crime? I think it depends on intent and what is the intent of today's Price Taggers? I think it's hate.

In Israel you find slandering grafitti all over. Start arresting every grafitti sprayer is laughable.

I don't say it is acceptable. I do say that painting grafitti as a "crime" is problematic. I can paint something and be arrested. But how is it different if I yell "death to the Arabs" on a bus?

Will someone arrest me? Of course not. Because will I can be a racist and shitty person, I do have a freedom of speech. So were is the limit?

Last edited:
That in no way diminishes or excuses the very real price tag violence.

Why should we believe Palestinians accusations of price tag attacks that were committed by Jews to be factual, if they have just been caught lying ? (this is not the first time BTW)
I'm not suggesting that it's never happened, I'm sure it has many times, but once you lie about, it changes things

Because many of them have been followed up on and the culprits arrested - particularly in cases where homes and vehicles have been firebombed and Palestinians hospitalized with injuries and, reaction (here) to that is largely to justify it, excuse it.

Let me put it to you another way. Consider this article: IDF: Soldiers lied during questioning over wrongful shooting of Palestinian Israel News | Haaretz

Would it be reasonable to conclude from this that IDF solders routinely do these things and ask - why should we believe them when Palestinian civilians get shot?

Is a Palestinian civilian someone on their way to fire weapons at Israeli citizens, because that is how hamas describe them. Or how about the boy injured in a crossfire carrying part of a rocket launcher, is he a civilian or a combatant ?

It all boils down to which description you are prepared to work on, and if a Palestinian is acting in a suspicious manner then he cant be a civilian. Far too many of these "civilians" have blown themselves up when planting the bombs.

That in no way diminishes or excuses the very real price tag violence.

It wouldn't, especially when you don't know how many of them are real and how many of them are staged.

Usually, the ones which are "authentic" are the ones who are in 'in the name of' of Jewish victims. like the price tag of the stabbing in the bus station, they wrote "Revenge" and "Eviatar" (Jew killed by Palestinians") and the one which stated "Regards from Adelle" (the toddler injured by stones).

It is unlikely that they do things out of the blue. things like the above? those are obviously staged. "Price tag" which are done in the name of someone, like the Fogels, or baby-Adelle or settlers who have been murdered, those are the ones to suspect are real (even though some of them were staged, too).

Palestinians don't bother to check the names of their victims, so when the names are pointed out, that'll be probably real. But that doesn't happen as much as those "scenes" are staged.

I bet at least 90% of them are.

I think it's pretty easy, once you track down and arrest participants - to get the truth.

Now, the question is- If they lie about that, what else do they lie about?!:doubt:

You realize that same question could be asked regarding the IDF's actions towards Palestinian civilians don't you?

Of course it can, and is every time. The problems arise when the Palestinians are caught out LYING every time. Children that are seen 2 days after being killed by Israeli fire, Corpses seen to get up and climb back on to biers, bullet wounds that cross from leg to leg. Even the Palestinian practise of blaming birth defects on Israeli chemical weapons in food and water. While they indulge in their blood libels and pallywood productions they will never be believed.

I refuse to consider graffitti as "crime", as I said before. I do reject any kind of actual physical violence on innocent people.

"Price tag" as itself is anything but terrorism or crime. As a matter of fact, this method originated at the 60's and 70's of the past century. Unit funded by Ariel Sharon, called the 101 unit, was the one to initiate the "price tag". Arab terrorists known as the Fadayun would hurt and kill innocent Jews and civilians.

The 101 unit will find them, burn down their houses and destroy their property. The idea was to hurt them and them alone. Nobody in those years considered that as "terrorism", it was a war, they hurt us? we hurt them.

Price tag of today, I'm talking about the more drastic cases, not the cartoon kids, are condemned because they aren't targeted on the terrorists themselves, since it's at times impossible to track them, so what the settlers do is spread the rage on any palestinian they find.

That is no better than what they do to us, and that I highly condemn.

For the record, Israel is not a victim. Israel is a strong nation, established upon the idea of never being a victim ever again.

This is a war of surviving, and we have much more to lose than the Arabs.

That's how I see it, anyway

Well said....also, I did not know the history of Price Tag (or that it had such a long history)

Though, I do not agree with grafitti not being a crime. Not when it's designed to spread, hate, intimidation and fear on innocent people. In the US, grafitti was a weapon used against blacks during the civil right era to shut down their voices, intimidate them from voting, force them to move. It was used by anti-semites on Jewish synagogues along with other vandalization of sacred spaces. The intent? Send a message - we want you out and you will never be safe here. How is that not a crime? Sure, it is not in the same league as distruction of physical life, but not a crime? I think it depends on intent and what is the intent of today's Price Taggers? I think it's hate.

In Israel you find slandering grafitti all over. Start arresting every grafitti sprayer is laughable.

I don't say it is acceptable. I do say that painting grafitti as a "crime" is problematic. I can paint something and be arrested. But how is it different if I yell "death to the Arabs" on a bus?

Will someone arrest me? Of course not. Because will I can be a racist and shitty person, I do have a freedom of speech. So were is the limit?

Freedom of speech usually stops short of vandalizing another person's property. Does the property owner not have rights?

"Freedom of speech usually stops short of vandalizing another person's property. Does the property owner not have rights? "

Coyote, that is an interesting point. About 45 years ago, I raised that point with the "activists" of my day, the so-claimed "anti-war" types.... they never gave a thought to the disrespect they showed to the labors of honest people - 'working class' people, the 'proletariat', whom they purported to be defending! - as they scrawled their graffiti all over walls which honest laborers had built, walls that honest laborers would have to spend their time cleaning.

But of course these "activists" were certain that their actions were 'righteous' because the "cause" was oh-so-important. (Did I forget to mention they hadn't cared at all about the war until their draft deferments appeared to be in jeopardy?)

Forum List

Back