Owners of The Red Hen in Virginia Are the Real Bigots. Not the Christian Bakers

Excellent article on why Stephanie Wilkinson, owner of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Va., is the real bigot here.

The Owners of The Red Hen in Virginia Are the Real Bigots. Not the Christian Bakers

The key difference here is that baking a custom cake for a gay wedding is not the same thing as blanket denial of service at a restaurant. None of the Christian bakers ever denied service to gay customers — they just didn't want to make custom cakes celebrating a lifestyle they believe to be sinful. Media coverage of various incidents has likened the cases of Christian bakers not wanting to create custom cakes for same-sex weddings as refusing to serve homosexuals. However, this is simply not true.

Masterpiece Bakery, owned by Jack Phillips, the complainant (and victor) in the recent Supreme Court case, never refused to serve gay customers.

...from the beginning, Jack has seen his business as an expression of his faith (hence the name), and that has led him to reject business throughout his career. For example, he’s refused to make custom cakes for Halloween and divorce celebrations, and he’s turned down requests for lewd cakes for bachelor and bachelorette parties.

Back in 2012, two men asked Jack to design a cake for their same-sex wedding. Now mind you, back in 2012, the state of Colorado didn’t even recognize same-sex weddings. Jack told them that he would gladly sell them any item in the store—including cakes—but that he could not, due to his religious convictions, use his cake-design talents to participate in the celebration of their ceremony.

you'd almost have a point if fat lying whores were a protected class.

i won't bother correcting you on the blanket denial of service part

Imagine that. It’s okay when we deny service to some people b/c muh reasons.
The baker doesn't deny service to anyone. He refuses to bake certain cakes no matter who you are, not for your opinions.

AKA, your creed.

Excellent article on why Stephanie Wilkinson, owner of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Va., is the real bigot here.

The Owners of The Red Hen in Virginia Are the Real Bigots. Not the Christian Bakers

The key difference here is that baking a custom cake for a gay wedding is not the same thing as blanket denial of service at a restaurant. None of the Christian bakers ever denied service to gay customers — they just didn't want to make custom cakes celebrating a lifestyle they believe to be sinful. Media coverage of various incidents has likened the cases of Christian bakers not wanting to create custom cakes for same-sex weddings as refusing to serve homosexuals. However, this is simply not true.

Masterpiece Bakery, owned by Jack Phillips, the complainant (and victor) in the recent Supreme Court case, never refused to serve gay customers.

...from the beginning, Jack has seen his business as an expression of his faith (hence the name), and that has led him to reject business throughout his career. For example, he’s refused to make custom cakes for Halloween and divorce celebrations, and he’s turned down requests for lewd cakes for bachelor and bachelorette parties.

Back in 2012, two men asked Jack to design a cake for their same-sex wedding. Now mind you, back in 2012, the state of Colorado didn’t even recognize same-sex weddings. Jack told them that he would gladly sell them any item in the store—including cakes—but that he could not, due to his religious convictions, use his cake-design talents to participate in the celebration of their ceremony.

^^^ The party of diversity and tolerance right here everybody! ^^^

I think the owners of the red herring are second guessing the hell out of their decisions about now.

Absolutely they are. My guess is they'll get a surge in the short term from fellow bigots. But in the long term Stephanie Wilkinson's picture and name will be floating around with the description "bigot" next to it. Her reviews are in the toilet. What happens when someone educates her that Obama did the same thing? She'll really regret it, or maybe she'll kick out Republicans and Democrats.

View attachment 201118

Not really. Nice try though. But Trump is still President. Sarah Sanders is still Press Secretary and my picture and name isn't all over the internet with "bigot" attached to it. Red Hen owner took a beating.

And by the way, I didn't agree with the baker's decision. I was just pointing out it wasn't a blanket denial of service which was never reported by the MSM. So there's that.

Know what I find funny? Trump and his supporters are slamming the Red Hen restaurant for being dirty (only 3 violations over a 4 year period), but Trump's Mar a Lago has failed their inspections 78 TIMES IN 3 YEARS!!!!!! With a record like that, I'd be better off (and probably spend less) going to a 4 star place downtown that isn't as dirty as Trump's Mar a Lago. I wouldn't even drink the water there, because the ice machines have been cited more than a few times for mold in the ice machine. I wonder how his restaurants in his DC hotel, and Trump tower have done?

Trump slams Red Hen for being 'filthy,' but Mar-a-Lago was cited 78 times in 3 years

Trump slams Red Hen for being 'filthy.' Inspectors found no violations but Mar-a-Lago was cited 78 times in three years
  • President Trump lashes out at a Virginia restaurant that refused to serve White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
  • Trump says the Red Hen restaurant is "filthy" and "badly needs a paint job."
  • Critics were quick to point out that some of the president's own establishments have not performed well in their own inspections.
  • The Associated Press found the president's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida was cited 78 times over three years for health code violations, including cooking staff not washing their hands and the “accumulation of black/green mold-like substance” on an ice machine.
i support trump.
i think this tweet from him is stupid.

stereotype - blown!

however - the owner of the red hen didn't just kick sanders out, she followed the party to the next place and kept protesting.

Know what I find funny? Trump and his supporters are slamming the Red Hen restaurant for being dirty (only 3 violations over a 4 year period), but Trump's Mar a Lago has failed their inspections 78 TIMES IN 3 YEARS!!!!!! With a record like that, I'd be better off (and probably spend less) going to a 4 star place downtown that isn't as dirty as Trump's Mar a Lago. I wouldn't even drink the water there, because the ice machines have been cited more than a few times for mold in the ice machine. I wonder how his restaurants in his DC hotel, and Trump tower have done?

Trump slams Red Hen for being 'filthy,' but Mar-a-Lago was cited 78 times in 3 years

Trump slams Red Hen for being 'filthy.' Inspectors found no violations but Mar-a-Lago was cited 78 times in three years
  • President Trump lashes out at a Virginia restaurant that refused to serve White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
  • Trump says the Red Hen restaurant is "filthy" and "badly needs a paint job."
  • Critics were quick to point out that some of the president's own establishments have not performed well in their own inspections.
  • The Associated Press found the president's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida was cited 78 times over three years for health code violations, including cooking staff not washing their hands and the “accumulation of black/green mold-like substance” on an ice machine.
i support trump.
i think this tweet from him is stupid.

stereotype - blown!

however - the owner of the red hen didn't just kick sanders out, she followed the party to the next place and kept protesting.

Well, that is what her father is claiming anyway. I would like to know if there were other witnesses who saw this as well? I mean, if they were following them out to the sidewalk, you'd think that SOMEONE would have taken a video with their phone.

I am curious.

Do you think that a company should be able to refuse to provide a service to a customer?

Or not?

Let me make sure I understand this.

People who hate gays are not bigots.

But people who disapprove of kidnapping babes are.

OK, got it.
Do you really think that people who believe in heterosexual life styles actually waste their lives hating gays? Most people do not give a crap.
If only that were true.

Gays are number one on the GOP hate list. Followed by blacks, Muslims, Hispanics and so on.

Let me make sure I understand this.

People who hate gays are not bigots.

But people who disapprove of kidnapping babes are.

OK, got it.
Do you really think that people who believe in heterosexual life styles actually waste their lives hating gays? Most people do not give a crap.
If only that were true.

Gays are number one on the GOP hate list. Followed by blacks, Muslims, Hispanics and so on.

The hate list is all you liberals got….

You have been defeated in the arena of ideas….

It’s because you are Stupid..

The employees don't want to serve someone that continually lies to the American public. Neither would I.

The employees don't want to serve someone that continually lies to the American public. Neither would I.

Well now their little shit hole is shut down for the next week. They're such bigoted, small minded people.

Well now their little shit hole is shut down for the next week. They're such bigoted, small minded people.

That's what you said about the Dixie Chicks, how did that turn out?

That's what you said about the Dixie Chicks, how did that turn out?

No idea.. I never said anything about the Dixie Chicks. Maybe you've confused me with some else.

I bet the orange whore in the White House has never set foot in this restaurant and has no idea about the hygienic conditions there. He's a liar, but we know that already.
Like he said, if it looks dirty on the outside. It's dirty on the inside. Like liberal hearts you have proven.

The owner of the dirty red hen laid an egg.....

When did Bill Clinton become part of the subject?

Forum List

Back