Over 30,000 union jobs just disappeared because the Teamsters wanted to make a point to UPS and Amazon. Bust the unions, they need to go.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da

Truckers who worked for Yellow Freight suddenly have found themselves jobless after the company shut down. While they may find other jobs amidst a driver shortage, they're unlikely to be union jobs.
This happened to Eastern Airlines where the Union bosses, still get paid their dues, but FORCE companies to either comply with their demands and go bankrupt, or have their employees walk off the job and go bankrupt. Lose for the companies, lose for the employee, but those Union Bosses still get paid. Ronald Reagan did the right thing, by firing every last one of the union workers of the FAA, and brought in new talent, that put a stiff uppercut onto the old Union Bosses. Maybe it is time to do it again.

Maybe Joe Biden, you know, the Bidenomics guy, is going to take a big hit on his economy with this one.

................................................................................................... ididthat.jpg

Looks like Yellow Fright truckers are getting paid nothing now......I'd be lying if I said I'm sorry to see them go, shit company that hired shit drivers.....They were so unsafe that Dupont would not use them.

Doesn't explain what the argument is here? Truck drivers should be paid less?

They should be paid no more than what their contract for any given load says. Why should it be any different?

Taxpayers gave Yellow $700 million dollars. Seems that should go to those who actually do the work?

Now I say this having seen nothing to say they asked for more than they earned.

Taxpayers gave Yellow $700 million dollars. Seems that should go to those who actually do the work?

Now I say this having seen nothing to say they asked for more than they earned.
You can be sure that the bulk of it was divvied up among the suits at the top to ensure their healthy severance packages.

Over 30,000 union jobs just disappeared because the Teamsters wanted to make a point to UPS and Amazon.​

What I'm really wondering in all of this is where was the government? Where was Joe Biden in all of this? I see the fed saving banks and fighting against gas stoves and bailing out Ukraine, yet, did anyone hear Joe Biden say one word, life one finger, take one minute to step in to see if there was anything he could do to help mediate a solution to help save this company and all those jobs?

Knowing Biden, he is probably glad and intends to create a new trucking company hiring only illegal aliens to give them trucking jobs!

When they sell it off or it's bought I wonder if the feds can sue for the 30% stake it took in exchange for the 700M or will the taxpayer have to eat it?

Taxpayers always have to eat it.......and then they vote for more of it.

This happened to Eastern Airlines where the Union bosses, still get paid their dues, but FORCE companies to either comply with their demands and go bankrupt, or have their employees walk off the job and go bankrupt. Lose for the companies, lose for the employee, but those Union Bosses still get paid. Ronald Reagan did the right thing, by firing every last one of the union workers of the FAA, and brought in new talent, that put a stiff uppercut onto the old Union Bosses. Maybe it is time to do it again.

Maybe Joe Biden, you know, the Bidenomics guy, is going to take a big hit on his economy with this one.

...................................................................................................View attachment 812691

Private sector unions are an important part of the Capitalist system, it's public sector unions that have to go.

This is actually an example of the system working, the Union pushed too hard, and now 30k of it's members are out of work.

Everyone should make $75K a year minimum wage but I should get free overnight delivery on my online purchases!!!!

The world has become irrational in its expectations. Consumers are all nutty Karens in the end. It has been a very long time since I have heard someone who has a public-facing job say they like the people they have to deal with.

Doesn't explain what the argument is here? Truck drivers should be paid less?
The argument is that unions can end up killing the goose that lays the golden eggs. They can demand more than the company can afford to pay and everyone loses. This is something that the pro-union forces rarely, if ever, contemplate. They seem to think the company is just a bottomless barrel of money and they deserve whatever they can dream up to demand.

Forum List

Back