Over 1,000 health professionals sign a letter saying, Don't shut down protests using coronavirus concerns as an excuse

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I'll remember this next time I hear healthcare workers at a hospital tell an elderly man he can't hold his wife's hand as she dies.

(CNN)A group of health and medical colleagues has penned an open letter to express their concern that protests around the United States could be shut down under the guise of coronavirus health concerns.

The letter -- which went on to draw more than 1,200 signatures -- focuses on techniques to reduce harm to people protesting racial injustice.

"We created the letter in response to emerging narratives that seemed to malign demonstrations as risky for the public health because of Covid-19," according to the letter writers, many of whom are part of the University of Washington's Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
"Instead, we wanted to present a narrative that prioritizes opposition to racism as vital to the public health, including the epidemic response. We believe that the way forward is not to suppress protests in the name of public health but to respond to protesters demands in the name of public health, thereby addressing multiple public health crises."

I'll remember this next time I hear healthcare workers at a hospital tell an elderly man he can't hold his wife's hand as she dies.

(CNN)A group of health and medical colleagues has penned an open letter to express their concern that protests around the United States could be shut down under the guise of coronavirus health concerns.

The letter -- which went on to draw more than 1,200 signatures -- focuses on techniques to reduce harm to people protesting racial injustice.

"We created the letter in response to emerging narratives that seemed to malign demonstrations as risky for the public health because of Covid-19," according to the letter writers, many of whom are part of the University of Washington's Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
"Instead, we wanted to present a narrative that prioritizes opposition to racism as vital to the public health, including the epidemic response. We believe that the way forward is not to suppress protests in the name of public health but to respond to protesters demands in the name of public health, thereby addressing multiple public health crises."

Destroyed their credibility. Americans have to stay on the abuses of all of our rights based on this virus. It's conveniently not important when 10's of thousands take the streets int he name of fighting racism, but it becomes a big deal again a week away from the date Trump set for his first rally.

I'm not buying it. Too many distractions from the obvious desire to keep Trump hidden and away from his supporters.

YEAH....WHAT THE FUCK

No one told me today to wear my mask correctly

If they want to keep the charade going,
Africans will be blamed for the next wave sweeping the country

If they don't keep the charade going....

They are in a pickle

YEAH....WHAT THE FUCK

They are in a pickle
No pickle. Pravda will continue to change the narrative in the name of political convenience from minute to minute and the democrat sheep will stay in line.

YEAH....WHAT THE FUCK

They are in a pickle
The next wave is already here, from opening up in May, and memorial day weekend...

The protesters could ADD to the wave we are in, in the lower USA states... a few weeks from now...

The CDC said there is a 19% less chance of catching COVID outside....

The doctors GAVE CRITERIA and MEASURES to take, to keep the risk lower,

All wear masks, don't tear/pepper gas them, don't hold them packed in jails, etc etc....the article lists many things that need to be done, to keep it safer...

Of course, none of the Doctors orders, were followed. :eek:

Destroyed their credibility. Americans have to stay on the abuses of all of our rights based on this virus. It's conveniently not important when 10's of thousands take the streets int he name of fighting racism, but it becomes a big deal again a week away from the date Trump set for his first rally.

I'm not buying it. Too many distractions from the obvious desire to keep Trump hidden and away from his supporters.
The president KNOWS it is DANGEROUS to have his INDOOR rallies...He doesn't care about the health of his supporters or anyone.... You should know that by now... imo.

see below:

President Trump, who frequently uses litigation as a cudgel to get his way, is now requiring attendees at his political rallies to sign a waiver promising not to sue him if they contract the coronavirus while there.

As the second wave of COVID-19 cases looms, the president has announced he will hold his first political rally since the spread of the coronavirus put many in the country under stay-at-home orders in March. And supporters signing up to attend his event in Tulsa, Okla. — a city where many Black Americans were massacred in 1921, and held on Juneteenth of all days —

are greeted with this waiver when registering for a ticket:

“By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to Covid-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.”

Last edited:

YEAH....WHAT THE FUCK

They are in a pickle
The next wave is already here, from opening up in May, and memorial day weekend...

The protesters could ADD to the wave we are in, in the lower USA states... a few weeks from now...

All wear masks, don't tear/pepper gas them, don't hold them packed in jails, etc etc....the article lists many things that need to be done, to keep it safer...

Geneva:
The World Health Organization warned Monday that wearing masks alone would not be enough to defeat the global coronavirus pandemic, which has now killed more than 70,000 people.

"Masks should only ever be used as part of a comprehensive package of interventions. There is no black or white answer, and no silver bullet. Masks alone cannot stop the COVID-19 pandemic," WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a virtual news conference.

YEAH....WHAT THE FUCK

They are in a pickle

Geneva:
The World Health Organization warned Monday that wearing masks alone would not be enough to defeat the global coronavirus pandemic, which has now killed more than 70,000 people.

"Masks should only ever be used as part of a comprehensive package of interventions. There is no black or white answer, and no silver bullet. Masks alone cannot stop the COVID-19 pandemic," WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a virtual news conference.

We've all learned a lot since WHO posted that..... shoot, there were only 70,000 deaths worldwide at that time, we alone in the USA have around 115,000 right now. We've had the time to run tests, gather more data etc....

Masks help.... (never defeated virus) even better when coupled with the 6ft of separation, indoors....

Stay safe at home, so called lockdown is even better than those above.... :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back