Out of tricks:' How Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal Drives State To $1.6B Budget Deficit

Our federal debt is a shit sandwich and everyone has to take a bite.

But our elected politicians are scared shitless at the prospect of making EVERYONE take an equal bite. They want to force some of us to take SEVERAL really, really, really big bites while not making their donors take any bites.

This is bullshit. Time to revolt. Loudly.

The insanity will continue until it literally can't. That's when it gets ugly.

The deficit is very closely tied to declining oil revenues... period.
And yet some want to put him or some other fiscally irresponsible Repub in the White House.

If they succeed, it will be the end of the middle class that the right has worked to kill off for so long.

Yeah, we need another fiscal wizard like Obama who has racked up as much debt as all his predecessors.. combined.

:lol:
How'd he sneak that debt past the GOP House?

I suppose we can expect the debt to go down over the next two years, eh, now that we have a Republican Congress...

We shall see... I hold out little hope. But, for Obama supporters to claim the moral highground on deficits is absurd.

But our elected politicians are scared shitless at the prospect of making EVERYONE take an equal bite. They want to force some of us to take SEVERAL really, really, really big bites while not making their donors take any bites.

Uhm ,we've been there for quite some time.

Nope. Not even close. That's just some hack partisan bullshit that is trying to spin lower gas prices as a BAD thing. The very same hacks who whined about high gas prices.

The biggest influence on revenues is Wall Street profits. Before the crash, the financial sector accounted for nearly 40 percent of all corporate profits in America, and they are rapidly regaining that ground. They stand around 33 percent right now.

Think of all the businesses there are in America. Hell, just think of all the companies you pass on your way back and forth to your own company every day. Think of all the massive corporations there are, and the tens of thousands of small companies.

Then think about the fact Wall Street hauls in a third of all American corporate profits.

Think about that, and the power over our government that brings with hit.

Not really, we're still printing money and still selling bonds on the international market. That relies on the rest of the world continuing to have confidence the US will actually pay up.

Nope. Not even close.

The biggest influence on revenues is Wall Street profits. Before the crash, the financial sector accounted for nearly 40 percent of all corporate profits in America, and they are rapidly regaining that ground. They stand around 33 percent right now.

Think of all the businesses there are in America. Hell, just think of all the companies you pass on your way back and forth to your own company every day. Think of all the massive corporations there are, and the tens of thousands of small companies.

Then think about the fact Wall Street hauls in a third of all American corporate profits.

Dude, I live here and a lot of my clients are Oil & Gas clients... declining O&G revenues are hitting LA hard.. now certainly that isn't all of it, but it is huge.. it trickles down. Revenues fall, plants shutdown, people get laid off... my billables are off about 15% from this time a year ago.

Not really, we're still printing money and still selling bonds on the international market. That relies on the rest of the world continuing to have confidence the US will actually pay up.
We're the cleanest shirt in a pile of dirty shirts.

Nope. Not even close.

Dude, I live here and a lot of my clients are Oil & Gas clients... declining O&G revenues are hitting LA hard.. now certainly that isn't all of it, but it is huge.. it trickles down. Revenues fall, plants shutdown, people get laid off... my billables are off about 15% from this time a year ago.
That's always been the case in the fossil fuels sector. Always. Wax and wane. Feast and famine.

Democrats will howl about Exxon's "record profits", but you don't hear a peep from Democrats when oil company profits plunge during low oil prices.

I understand. But oil is nowhere near the influence on government revenues that the financial sector is.

We're the cleanest shirt in a pile of dirty shirts.

For now.

And yet some want to put him or some other fiscally irresponsible Repub in the White House.

If they succeed, it will be the end of the middle class that the right has worked to kill off for so long.

Yeah, we need another fiscal wizard like Obama who has racked up as much debt as all his predecessors.. combined.

I suppose we can expect the debt to go down over the next two years, eh, now that we have a Republican Congress...

We shall see... I hold out little hope. But, for Obama supporters to claim the moral highground on deficits is absurd.

you hold out little hope because you have no idea what you're talking about. Your sophomoric attempt explaining Federal deficits is laughable at best. Have an oyster po boy and enjoy life.

With all this being said.. I don't think Bobby's got a prayer. What he did here in LA with LDHH will be used against him.. never mind it was bankrupt. Never mind he is a Rhodes Scholar with an actual track record. Never mind he is a minority..

Watch how the left savages him.

you hold out little hope because you have no idea what you're talking about. Your sophomoric attempt explaining Federal deficits is laughable at best. Have an oyster po boy and enjoy life.

I never attempted to explain anything you asshat. I merely pointed out a fact. That fact being that the national debt has grown like crazy under Obama. Sorry if that confused you.

I never attempted to explain anything you asshat. I merely pointed out a fact. That fact being that the national debt has grown like crazy under Obama. Sorry if that confused you.

apparently you don't know the difference between national debt and federal deficit, you're the one that's confused. Please don't attempt to explain anything else until you know what you're talking about. I'm merely pointing out a fact.

And yet he did. Why would debt go down when it hasn't under both Rs and Ds in power? Why?

Actually democratic presidents do pay the debt and gets rid of deficits.

Clinton eliminated the deficit, was paying back the funds that reagan and bush the first stole from social security. Clinton stopped the theft from social security and it quickly went back into the black. Too bad the bush boy and republicans restarted the theft with their very first budget in 2001. Even though the bush boy promised to not touch social security for anything other than social security.

Clinton was starting to pay down the national debt. He left a plan to have the reagan/bush national debt paid off by 2010.

Unfortunately the bush boy and his gop congress tossed that plan in the garbage. The bush boy never once wrote a balanced budget and his gop congress never tried to balance his budgets. So the republicans took us from a balanced budget with billions in surplus back to unbalanced budgets with billions in deficit that ended up in over 1 trillion in deficit by the time the bush boy wrote his last budget. It started with the very first budget the bush boy wrote.

The deficit we face today was 100% created by the bush boy and his gop congress. They took the deficit up to 1.4 trillion dollars by the time the bush boy left office. Which was a new historic high in deficits for America.

Obama has cut that deficit by nearly two thirds.

If you knew anything about economics you would know that budgets have to be balanced and deficits gone before paying off the debt. Otherwise any funds to pay off debt are erased by that deficit because money has to be borrowed to fill the shortfall.

If the bush boy and his gop congress had followed Clinton's plan, America would have been debt free by 2010. Instead they did the opposite which took the debt and deficit to new historic heights.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back