Our National Debt, spending addiction and deficit spending is problem 1

So you’ll just have to take my word for it but I had two sources in my response as well as a few statistics thrown in. I found several charts comparing the percentage changes per administration, one not accounting for inflation while another adjusted for it. I’ll read your sources later, thanks. On my phone I can’t find where it is if it wasn’t erased.I did save this:

“Of the 45 Presidents, only 14 of them have overseen a decrease in debt. Calvin Coolidge was the last President to do so, leaving office in 1929, 15 Presidencies ago.”

Almost 100 years! I knew it’s been a long time but no surprise it’s so ridiculous knowing that fact!

Well, these people are operating under a system that literally incentivizes them to be fiscally irresponsible.

Until and unless we choose to change the system, we have only ourselves to blame for the results.

Ok, and how do we do that when the people we elect refuse to do so?

How do we get them to stop increasing the debt?
Gee. I see you’re engaged. But, all I see is the asking of questions by you . Let’s explore your ideas, shall we?

What could we do to persuade our federal legislators to vote for reducing the debt and then staying within a real budget without adding more debt? Go!

Gee. I see you’re engaged. But, all I see is the asking of questions by you . Let’s explore your ideas, shall we?

What could we do to persuade our federal legislators to vote for reducing the debt and then staying within a real budget without adding more debt? Go!

Stop putting them into office if they do not go along with the plan for reducing the debt and then staying within a real budget without adding more debt.

They are our employees, they work for us. What normally happens to an employee that does not do what you hired them to do....you fire them.

That is how we make it happen. As it stands, Congress has an approval rating around 20% and a 90%+ reelection rate. Those two things make no sense at all together.

. But the government doesn’t produce anything.
OIP.ORwAfMkCtDyXC-3Pi8KHRwHaE8

OIP.6eLOXzQLHdFz4JJsZefCfAHaJY

james-webb-space-telescope.jpg

KTTSUOWY4JPBPKTXFDSK7ATRUI.jpg

Stop putting them into office if they do not go along with the plan for reducing the debt and then staying within a real budget without adding more debt.

They are our employees, they work for us. What normally happens to an employee that does not do what you hired them to do....you fire them.

That is how we make it happen. As it stands, Congress has an approval rating around 20% and a 90%+ reelection rate. Those two things make no sense at all together.
Obviously one partial method is to avoid the electing of some of these morons. Accordingly, I don’t vote Democrat.

I also try to scope out the candidates who do propose reducing the debt and going for balanced budgets. Of course, nothing is simple. We have only limited choices. (This is not an invitation to yak about 3P. There’s a thread for that.)

Obviously one partial method is to avoid the electing of some of these morons. Accordingly, I don’t vote Democrat.

I agree with you about the Dems, but the Repubs spend just as much money as the Dems.

But more to the point, the GOP likes to call itself the "party of fiscal responsibility" and it really is not.

Compared to the democrats they sure as hell are. Trump's deficits wouldn't have been nearly so bad if the democrats had agreed to the lower spending that the GOP wanted. But everytime a spending bill came up, it was the democrats who wanted twice as much as the Repubs and you know damn well that is true. In order to get anything done, Trump and the GOP did agree to higher spending than they wanted, and most of the fiscally conservatives hated that, but that's politics - you have give a little to get a little. Everytime, who is it that wants less spending and who is it that wants more?

You can claim that the GOP is not as fiscally responsible as they should be, but compared to the democrats they are fucking Ebeneezer Scrooge.

Interesting question though: should the GOP hold the line on fiscally responsible spending if it means shutting down the gov't? And probably getting their asses waxes in the next election?

One of my problems with the GOP is that they are perfidious and feckless. By and large.

That is one thing you have to give the Dems, they are open about their desire to spend money. The Repubs talk a great game on the campaign trail and then BOOOM there goes the deficit

That is one thing you have to give the Dems, they are open about their desire to spend money. The Repubs talk a great game on the campaign trail and then BOOOM there goes the deficit
But the democrats are not so open about how to pay for their spending, are they? They use accounting tricks to show 10 years' worth of taxes for 3 years' worth of spending and then claim it's paid for. BULLSHIT! Trump's deficits in his 4 years were as high as they were due to one thing and one thing only: the democrat's requirement to spend more than the GOP wanted to or they wouldn't agree to anything.

Forum List

Back