our nation needs rent control, my friends!

My parents never made much money, but we kept a roof over our heads because we lived in a rent-controlled apartment. Landlords cannot be allowed to raise rents to whatever they want, whenever they want. We need national rent control.

i support Bernie's plan 100 percent!

Bernie Sanders' Housing Plan Calls for $2.5 Trillion in New Spending and Nationwide Rent Control
Ever try getting a job?
i'm an out of work oppo researcher. presidential candidates wont hire me. my fault? MY FAULT?
So? Flip burgers.
No way! i'm too handsome!

A song just for you!

from bernie's site:

"
When Bernie is president, he will:
  • Invest $1.48 trillion over 10 years in the National Affordable Housing Trust Fund to build, rehabilitate, and preserve the 7.4 million quality, affordable and accessible housing units necessary to eliminate the affordable housing gap, which will remain affordable in perpetuity. Units constructed with this funding will be eligible to be located in mixed-income developments.
    • Use federal preemption laws to ensure these new units are not segregated or excluded by local zoning ordinances.
  • Invest an additional $400 billion to build 2 million mixed-income social housing units to be administered through the National Affordable Housing Trust Fund, which will help desegregate and integrate communities. This plan will guarantee equity in social housing units, ensuring no inequality of services or conditions within units.
  • Expand USDA’s Section 515 program by $500 million to build new affordable developments in rural areas, and protect existing units from being converted to market rate housing.
  • Increase funding for the Indian Housing Block Grant Program to $3 billion to build, preserve, and rehabilitate affordable housing in Indian country."

Again, what is “too wealthy”?

Forum List

Back