Our Government Has Forgotten Its Place

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
It has become clearly evident that our government has forgotten its place in America. For reasons beyond my comprehension, our government now sees itself as the final authority on just about everything. If you want to get married, you have to ask the government first. You want a gun? You have to ask the government first. If you want to protest peacefully, you have to ask the government for a permit. If you are an 8 year old so much as wanting to sell lemonade on the street corner, you need to ask the government for permission.

Not only that, it wants to take over your personal choices as well. Why? Because it believes that it can do a better job than you at making your own choices in life. Even the very freedom to make a choice has been commandeered by our government. Look no further for an example this than the implementation of Obamacare. Government has become too large, too all encompassing for its own good. It has attempted to regulate the auto industry, and failed. It is trying to regulate our healthcare system, and once again failing. In fact, it is trying to regulate religion via the abortion mandate.

Nobody can be secure in their own privacy, no thanks to government. As evidenced by the NSA not even the contents of our phone conversations are secure. It has become more invasive, more imposing than ever before. Our politicians are unable and unwilling to cull its growth. Democrats will say "Oh, we need government, without government there is anarchy!" I would agree, if not only for the fact that we already have too much of it. Yes, we need government, but to what extent? With too much government there can only be tyranny, oppression, and undue advancement on our freedom.

Our rights as citizens are slowly diminishing in America, and Government is to blame. It has gone beyond its constitutional bounds. It doesn't matter who is president or what party is in power. The government has too much power. For those of you who believe our government cares about the people, nothing could be further from the truth. If they actually did, they would strive to protect the rights of its citizens, not usurp them on a constant basis. Government seeks to control you, from cradle to grave. Like a Leviathan in the waters, it lies in wait to consume the unsuspecting, and exact terrible vengeance on those who dare to stand against it. This, my friends, is how our government has forgotten it's place.

We The People built this government, and it's high time government understood its place once again.

Last edited:
I wish they would strictly interpret the 2nd amendment and leave guns to the militia only. Somehow, that would be government over-reach as well.

Some truth in what TK said but only in the broadest possible sense.

I wish they would strictly interpret the 2nd amendment and leave guns to the militia only. Somehow, that would be government over-reach as well.

I'm in a family militia comprised of 4

-Geaux

-Geaux

Are you "well regulated"? No? Then you're unconstitutional. It states you shouldn't have be able to "keep and bear arms" otherwise.

-Geaux

Are you "well regulated"? No? Then you're unconstitutional. It states you shouldn't have be able to "keep and bear arms" otherwise.

Of course we are regulated. I require training, accountability and they are required to buy the ammo for what they shoot

That's about all the regulations we need.

-Geaux

I have to ask Tampon, just how much interaction is he having with government on a daily basis, because the way he is carrying on, you'd think there's a guy in a trenchcoat outside his house monitoring him.

Frankly, other than paying taxes once a year, or the occassional traffic stop, my interaction with the government is pretty limited, and I think that applies to most people. Most of what government does is provide services quietly.

Now, yeah, what the NSA is doing is pretty out of hand and wasteful, because it accomplished nothing, and Obama needed to fix it a long time ago.

But I worry a lot more about a loon like Templar with a gun and without medication than I do the government.

-Geaux

Of course we are regulated. I require training, accountability and they are required to buy the ammo for what they shoot

-Geaux

Doesn't sound like you keep records--quick; how many rounds did you squeeze off last decade?

When did the "family militia" report for duty in Afghanistan and Iraq? We could have used you...

It doesn't sound as if its accountable, and it's certainly not registered at to be part of the common defense. So, you are not able to "keep and bear" arms.

Give em up....c'mon.

I have to ask Tampon, just how much interaction is he having with government on a daily basis, because the way he is carrying on, you'd think there's a guy in a trenchcoat outside his house monitoring him.

Frankly, other than paying taxes once a year, or the occassional traffic stop, my interaction with the government is pretty limited, and I think that applies to most people. Most of what government does is provide services quietly.

Now, yeah, what the NSA is doing is pretty out of hand and wasteful, because it accomplished nothing, and Obama needed to fix it a long time ago.

But I worry a lot more about a loon like Templar with a gun and without medication than I do the government.

We should probably audit the government to see how much they spend on trench coats yearly...that would reveal a lot.

Seventh grade level work. Maybe 8th.

You're so right. It's absolute drivel. Nothing new at all. The government has been and does regulate a great deal. He mentions no new regulations whatsoever, though some may be somewhat different than before. And little kids do not need government permission to sell lemonade in their front yard. As well, the govenment is not regulating religion via legalized abortion. If you don't want an abortion, the government is not going to make you get one. Yep, 7th grade level drivel.

-Geaux

Doesn't sound like you keep records--quick; how many rounds did you squeeze off last decade?

When did the "family militia" report for duty in Afghanistan and Iraq? We could have used you...

It doesn't sound as if its accountable, and it's certainly not registered at to be part of the common defense. So, you are not able to "keep and bear" arms.

Give em up....c'mon.

Actually, we keep very detailed logs. We have exact accounts of how many rounds have been down the pipe of each firearm. We know exactly how much ammo we have and when the last time the gun was cleaned. So

You fail :lol:

Wars- My son is a Combat Medic

You fail again :lol:

BTW- We can discuss this in another thread as I don't want to take away from the OP here

-Geaux

Last edited:

-Geaux

Give em up....c'mon.

Actually, we keep very detailed logs. We have exact accounts of how many rounds have been down the pipe of each firearm. We know exactly how much ammo we have and when the last time the gun was cleaned. So
Yet you can't quote any of them...I guess you're not the alpha male that leads the group.

You fail :lol:

Wars- My son is a Combat Medic

You fail again :lol:

BTW- We can discuss this in another thread as I don't want to take away from the OP here

-Geaux

No, see a militia is an organization unto it'self that can become part of the collective to provide for the common defense; your son serving by his lonesome isn't part of the militia; why didn't you go? Oh yeah, you were in PR on a message board. Sorry, that doesn't cut it.

So you're violating the constitution. You fail again, and again and again and again and again :lol:

Seventh grade level work. Maybe 8th.

You're so right. It's absolute drivel. Nothing new at all. The government has been and does regulate a great deal. He mentions no new regulations whatsoever, though some may be somewhat different than before. And little kids do not need government permission to sell lemonade in their front yard. As well, the govenment is not regulating religion via legalized abortion. If you don't want an abortion, the government is not going to make you get one. Yep, 7th grade level drivel.

There was one highly publicized case of a kid being asked to get a permit to sell lemonade. It was a local thing. To a young scholar like the OP, that is evidence of widespread government intervention.

I would like the OP to submit that essay to an online grading service. The results would be a hoot.

-Geaux

You have no clue of what you just wrote. The Second means what it says. WHat part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? Is it really above your comprehension?

Responsible gun owners get training especially with Conceal and Carry
, and the CITIZENS are the militia to not only protect their liberty, their friends and families, but their communities from invaders, lawless, AND from intrusive tyrannical government you so proudly defend.

Learn it, Live it, KNOW it.

-Geaux

You have no clue of what you just wrote. The Second means what it says. WHat part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? Is it really above your comprehension?

Responsible gun owners get training especially with Conceal and Carry
, and the CITIZENS are the militia to not only protect their liberty, their friends and families, but their communities from invaders, lawless, AND from intrusive tyrannical government you so proudly defend.

Learn it, Live it, KNOW it.

Sorry, it says much more than that. If we are "strictly" interpreting the constitution, if you're keeping and bearing arms and you're not part of a "well regulated militia", you're not protected by the Constitution.

Learn (to read) it.

It has become clearly evident that our government has forgotten its place in America. For reasons beyond my comprehension, our government now sees itself as the final authority on just about everything. If you want to get married, you have to ask the government first. You want a gun? You have to ask the government first. If you want to protest peacefully, you have to ask the government for a permit. If you are an 8 year old so much as wanting to sell lemonade on the street corner, you need to ask the government for permission.

For some reason? Obligating the public as such has always been the goal of people in establishing and maintaining governments.

60% of all Americans (conservatives and liberals combined) believe that the government has too much power:
government_too_much_power.jpg

Forum List

Back