Our Government Has Forgotten Its Place

The only people who actually bothered to interview the participants- namely the NYT, said, "Uh, yeah, we were really upset about the video."

Footage at the compound showed no protest. Care to try again? Besides, the ARB says otherwise.

"The Board concluded that there WAS NO PROTEST PRIOR TO THE ATTACKS, which were unanticipated in their scale and intensity."

]

How long do you think it really takes to "Organize an attack"?

"Hey, Acmed, did you hear about this video that mocks the Holy Prophet?"

"Boy, we really need to express our anger by doing a protest."

Holds up an RPG-7 "Why bother with a protest?"

From the time video was posted to actual attack... it seems like 6 months.

So, crazies still claim it was video... :cuckoo:

Outside of illegal spying, Our government is considered quite small capably to the rest of the first world.

We need more funding for science, education and infrastructure. This is what sane people would demand!

:rolleyes: You're a one trick pony, Matt. How many times have you and I been over with throwing more money at infrastructure and education?
And thinking it works. :lol:

Ame®icano;8489467 said:
Footage at the compound showed no protest. Care to try again? Besides, the ARB says otherwise.

"The Board concluded that there WAS NO PROTEST PRIOR TO THE ATTACKS, which were unanticipated in their scale and intensity."

]

Of course, all the other protests attacks around the ME WERE in reaction to the video and calls to protest from the ME'S A-HOLE FUNDIE VERSION OF Rush Limbaugh- never mentioned on the RW propaganda machine- and it was reported that onlookers said that's what the attackers told them. AND NONE OF THE ATTACKERS HAVE EVER BEEN INTERVIEWED. SO- you're all brainwashed morons.

OP- Damn uppity gov't lol...

Ame®icano;8489237 said:
Yeah, and it was really funny when Mark Anthony cut off his head, too. Dipshit. Seriously, fuck Cicero. The guy dropped to his knees for every dictator and despot that came along in Rome.

Guy, you have no job, you are living off of others, and you are whining about taxes.

Really, guy. Really?

No one likes paying taxes, but frankly, I like drinking clean water, I like the fact the bad guys are locked up, I like the fact that the streets I drive on are paved. I even like that old people get their medical expenses paid. This is the cost of living in a civilized society.

And you had no problem with the government dictating marriage until they said the queers could do it.

I don't get it. Why would someone who is living off of others and pay no taxes complain about high taxes?
Because it causes people to hide their money from his likes and he can't get his hands on it readily. Gives him something else to be a whiney bitch about.

Originally Posted by TemplarKormac

My goodness gracious you're desperate aren't you? I'd shake his hand. Firmly. I'd stare the man in the eyes and hope that he sees the pain and havoc he's inflicting on the people he's supposed to lead. I'd thank him for the honor and leave. I used to fantasize about being the president, hell I wanted to meet him. But Obama has disgraced that office forever. He's done things that would have gotten every other president in our history impeached, I don't react well to interacting with an element of destructive will.

I bow to no man, and I most certainly wouldn't be kissing his ass. You had better understand that, LL.

What absolutely silly tripe. You need to get off the computer and go out and live and work in the real world for a few years.

:lol:

If I wanted psychological assistance, I sure as hell wouldn't ask you, silly wench.

What do you mean when you call a woman a "wench"?

Your local government is far more invasive and "oppressive" than the federal government.

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. Prove it. When your government passes a healthcare law that strips you of your choice to choose your own insurance, its invasive and oppressive. When it spies on you without your consent via the NSA, its become invasive and oppressive. When it tries to force people to provide money for things they find morally reprehensible, it has become invasive and oppressive. When a child cannot freely express him or herself in school, the government has become too invasive and oppressive.

You have never lived in a country with universal health care. It is wonderful, great. If you don't like paying taxes for something you don't agree with, do what Thoreau did instead of sitting behind your computer stuffing your face with junk food and bitching about it. Oh, and that assumes you even pay taxes. Only people who work pay taxes.
Get something straight wench...it isn't YOUR money nor the Governments. Get it moocher?

Ame®icano;8489467 said:

]

But the NEWS of the video wasn't covered in the Middle Eastern Media until the days before the riots and demonstrations across the middle east.

Don't let facts get in your way, though.

It has become clearly evident that our government has forgotten its place in America. For reasons beyond my comprehension, our government now sees itself as the final authority on just about everything. If you want to get married, you have to ask the government first. You want a gun? You have to ask the government first. If you want to protest peacefully, you have to ask the government for a permit. If you are an 8 year old so much as wanting to sell lemonade on the street corner, you need to ask the government for permission.

Not only that, it wants to take over your personal choices as well. Why? Because it believes that it can do a better job than you at making your own choices in life. Even the very freedom to make a choice has been commandeered by our government. Look no further for an example this than the implementation of Obamacare. Government has become too large, too all encompassing for its own good. It has attempted to regulate the auto industry, and failed. It is trying to regulate our healthcare system, and once again failing. In fact, it is trying to regulate religion via the abortion mandate.

Nobody can be secure in their own privacy, no thanks to government. As evidenced by the NSA not even the contents of our phone conversations are secure. It has become more invasive, more imposing than ever before. Our politicians are unable and unwilling to cull its growth. Democrats will say "Oh, we need government, without government there is anarchy!" I would agree, if not only for the fact that we already have too much of it. Yes, we need government, but to what extent? With too much government there can only be tyranny, oppression, and undue advancement on our freedom.

Our rights as citizens are slowly diminishing in America, and Government is to blame. It has gone beyond its constitutional bounds. It doesn't matter who is president or what party is in power. The government has too much power. For those of you who believe our government cares about the people, nothing could be further from the truth. If they actually did, they would strive to protect the rights of its citizens, not usurp them on a constant basis. Government seeks to control you, from cradle to grave. Like a Leviathan in the waters, it lies in wait to consume the unsuspecting, and exact terrible vengeance on those who dare to stand against it. This, my friends, is how our government has forgotten it's place.

We The People built this government, and it's high time government understood its place once again.

"We The People" did not build this government. This government was drafted on the basis of compromise at the Philadelphia convention, with only the aristocracy of 18th century America being represented. Framers such as Alexander Hamilton expressly believed the public was wholly incapable of doing anything, and he represented the majority faction present at the convention. :lol:

Ame®icano;8489467 said:

Of course, all the other protests attacks around the ME WERE in reaction to the video and calls to protest from the ME'S A-HOLE FUNDIE VERSION OF Rush Limbaugh- never mentioned on the RW propaganda machine- and it was reported that onlookers said that's what the attackers told them. AND NONE OF THE ATTACKERS HAVE EVER BEEN INTERVIEWED. SO- you're all brainwashed morons.

OP- Damn uppity gov't lol...

"None of the attackers have ever been interviewed."

Maybe we haven't been polite enough to them.

It's like saying, none came forward to admit bank robbery.

And about other protests... I heard they were protesting because it was Tuesday. They don't like us on Friday neither.

Forum List

Back