Our Government Has Forgotten Its Place

No, the people have forgotten the government's place. Governments, all governments look to expand their power and authority. It was on the people to make sure they stayed in their proper role. But, like governments, people have a propensity to expect more and more from rent seekers who make empty promises.

So here we are. And people wonder why I'm an anarcho-capitalist.

People are dumb. The larger the number of them, the dumber the outcome.

I'm in a family militia comprised of 4

-Geaux

Are you "well regulated"? No? Then you're unconstitutional. It states you shouldn't have be able to "keep and bear arms" otherwise.
You have no clue of what you just wrote. The Second means what it says. WHat part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? Is it really above your comprehension?

Responsible gun owners get training especially with Conceal and Carry
, and the CITIZENS are the militia to not only protect their liberty, their friends and families, but their communities from invaders, lawless, AND from intrusive tyrannical government you so proudly defend.

Learn it, Live it, KNOW it.

Quite frankly, the little fucker does not understand the English language nor punctuation...

60% of all Americans (conservatives and liberals combined) believe that the government has too much power:
government_too_much_power.jpg

And yet they will continue to vote for more of it. Then complain about it after.

:cuckoo:

No, the people have forgotten the government's place. Governments, all governments look to expand their power and authority. It was on the people to make sure they stayed in their proper role. But, like governments, people have a propensity to expect more and more from rent seekers who make empty promises.

So here we are. And people wonder why I'm an anarcho-capitalist.

People are dumb. The larger the number of them, the dumber the outcome.

Leftist gun grabbing loons remind me of this

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”

-Geaux

I wish they would strictly interpret the 2nd amendment and leave guns to the militia only.

The militia is the people who, being well armed, assemble for the defense of the country.

well-regulated...

Hence the standing army which, if we're going to give the Constitution eyes, is clearly what the framers meant.

But if we're strictly reading the Constitution, to keep and bear arms, you need to be part of this "well regulated" militia; drilling regularly, deployed frequently as part of the training, willing to drop everything and go where the duly elected President and Congess send you...

Does that sound like anyone here? Obviously not. I know of none who dropped everything and enlisted...not a lot of WiFi in Khandahar I suppose.

Are you "well regulated"? No? Then you're unconstitutional. It states you shouldn't have be able to "keep and bear arms" otherwise.
You have no clue of what you just wrote. The Second means what it says. WHat part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? Is it really above your comprehension?

, and the CITIZENS are the militia to not only protect their liberty, their friends and families, but their communities from invaders, lawless, AND from intrusive tyrannical government you so proudly defend.

Quite frankly, the little fucker does not understand the English language nor punctuation...

At no point does the constitution mention conceal and carry...or maybe I missed it. But keep up with the profanity; that always helps.

60% of all Americans (conservatives and liberals combined) believe that the government has too much power:

I'll agree to an extent.

I'm always tickled at the hearings Congress has into things like steroids and tobacco. Surely there are other bodies that can do fact-finding???

I wish during one of these mid-terms either the GOP or DNC come out and state that they will have 40-80% fewer hearings!!!!

What can/does Al Franken or Henry/Harry Waxman know/have to contribute to half of the stuff they have meetings about?

When you're talking about actual abuses of power and most of the chicken-little nonsense in the OP...nah.

I wish they would strictly interpret the 2nd amendment and leave guns to the militia only. Somehow, that would be government over-reach as well.

Some truth in what TK said but only in the broadest possible sense.

I'm in a family militia comprised of 4

-Geaux
The problem for people like corny, when they do strictly interpret the Second, it gives the right to people, not militia's only.

People should learn how to read.

I wish they would strictly interpret the 2nd amendment and leave guns to the militia only.

The militia is the people who, being well armed, assemble for the defense of the country.

well-regulated...

Hence the standing army which, if we're going to give the Constitution eyes, is clearly what the framers meant.

But if we're strictly reading the Constitution, to keep and bear arms, you need to be part of this "well regulated" militia; drilling regularly, deployed frequently as part of the training, willing to drop everything and go where the duly elected President and Congess send you...

Does that sound like anyone here? Obviously not. I know of none who dropped everything and enlisted...not a lot of WiFi in Khandahar I suppose.

You're stuck in the big govt knows better than you do and will provide

State Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms Provisions

It has become clearly evident that our government has forgotten its place in America. For reasons beyond my comprehension, our government now sees itself as the final authority on just about everything. If you want to get married, you have to ask the government first. You want a gun? You have to ask the government first. If you want to protest peacefully, you have to ask the government for a permit. If you are an 8 year old so much as wanting to sell lemonade on the street corner, you need to ask the government for permission.

Not only that, it wants to take over your personal choices as well. Why? Because it believes that it can do a better job than you at making your own choices in life. Even the very freedom to make a choice has been commandeered by our government. Look no further for an example this than the implementation of Obamacare. Government has become too large, too all encompassing for its own good. It has attempted to regulate the auto industry, and failed. It is trying to regulate our healthcare system, and once again failing. In fact, it is trying to regulate religion via the abortion mandate.

Nobody can be secure in their own privacy, no thanks to government. As evidenced by the NSA not even the contents of our phone conversations are secure. It has become more invasive, more imposing than ever before. Our politicians are unable and unwilling to cull its growth. Democrats will say "Oh, we need government, without government there is anarchy!" I would agree, if not only for the fact that we already have too much of it. Yes, we need government, but to what extent? With too much government there can only be tyranny, oppression, and undue advancement on our freedom.

Our rights as citizens are slowly diminishing in America, and Government is to blame. It has gone beyond its constitutional bounds. It doesn't matter who is president or what party is in power. The government has too much power. For those of you who believe our government cares about the people, nothing could be further from the truth. If they actually did, they would strive to protect the rights of its citizens, not usurp them on a constant basis. Government seeks to control you, from cradle to grave. Like a Leviathan in the waters, it lies in wait to consume the unsuspecting, and exact terrible vengeance on those who dare to stand against it. This, my friends, is how our government has forgotten it's place.

We The People built this government, and it's high time government understood its place once again.

I feel you frustration and sympathize,

My ONLY complaint is that you imagine that this is something new.

It isn't.

Of course we are regulated. I require training, accountability and they are required to buy the ammo for what they shoot

That's about all the regulations we need.

-Geaux

Doesn't sound like you keep records--quick; how many rounds did you squeeze off last decade?

When did the "family militia" report for duty in Afghanistan and Iraq? We could have used you...

It doesn't sound as if its accountable, and it's certainly not registered at to be part of the common defense. So, you are not able to "keep and bear" arms.

Give em up....c'mon.

were you the first idiot in your family or is it a family trait ??

And yet they will continue to vote for more of it. Then complain about it after.

:cuckoo:
Maybe it has to do with obsessive compulsive behavior? We understand that some things are wrong, but we do them anyways. Old habits die hard.

There's a big difference between dumb laws and support for science, r@D and infrastructure. Learn the difference.

At no point does the constitution mention conceal and carry...or maybe I missed it. But keep up with the profanity; that always helps.

Shall not be infringed

The 'militia', is considered to be a necessity for security (notice it does not limit to what kind of security).. the militia at that time is comprised of people who stand up for their security.. and because of this, the right to have those people bear arms will not be infringed upon by the federal government.. this means they have the arms before any call to arms in any militia or military force, or any situation wherein security is threatened.. it is the right of the people to bear the arms, not the right of the militia to bear the arms and call upon the people to come use them when the militia says to

well-regulated...

you don't know shit about the Constitution, you stupid bitch, and when it comes to the bill of rights your stupidity hangs out like your dirty laundry, THEN, when we get to the Second Amdt., your knowledge is on par with a new born RAT !!!

you constantly spew the liberal rhetoric/talking points, do you have any thoughts, ideas or beliefs of your own ?

please do not answer, it will only confirm my belief that you are just another liarberal puppet, or shill. :up:

well-regulated...

:lol: That's ridiculous. The very idea that would claim that the standing army is what the framers meant by "militia" is nonsensical. You may as well just come out and say "shall not be infringed" actually means "shall be suppressed at every available opportunity." It's the same, logically. Supplanting something for its opposite.

But if we're strictly reading the Constitution, to keep and bear arms, you need to be part of this "well regulated" militia

Actually, if you were strictly reading the constitution you would be focused on the "shall not be infringed" part.

Seventh grade level work. Maybe 8th.

You're so right. It's absolute drivel. Nothing new at all. The government has been and does regulate a great deal. He mentions no new regulations whatsoever, though some may be somewhat different than before. And little kids do not need government permission to sell lemonade in their front yard. As well, the govenment is not regulating religion via legalized abortion. If you don't want an abortion, the government is not going to make you get one. Yep, 7th grade level drivel.

Knockoff from Libertarian blogs.....nothing new and very little accurate

Forum List

Back