Our current politics and Rush Limbaugh

El Rushbo's proudest moment was when he followed in the footsteps of his hero, MLK, and received a nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Your MessiahRushie was NEVER nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, you SUCKER. Mock Levin pretended to nominate him because Russia Limbaugh was jealous of Obama, just like Tramp.

Democrats hate Rush because he's 10 times more intelligent than any of them (especially the ones on this board. Total idiots).
Russia Limbaugh, like his audience, is too STUPID to know just how DUMB he is.
April 3, 2007
RUSH: Mark my brilliant words on this. ... The vast majority of CO2 that's in the atmosphere comes from water vapor.

March 01, 2012
RUSH: To put it bluntly, dumb people are too dumb to know it." It's a blessing! You know, the worst thing would be to be dumb and to know it -- and there's evidence all over that the dumb do not know they're dumb.
He's worth $500 million. How much are you worth?
$10 billion. I notice you can't deny the STUPIDITY of his "brilliance!"

I wonder if he privately looks at what has happened to this country and regrets his role in where we are now.

He's not a bad or evil person. A former disc jockey, ideologically influenced by his father and grandfather, he was smart and talented enough to introduce a deejay's entertainment sensibility to political talk radio. Characters, songs, comedic segments, all produced and delivered skillfully and effectively. This guy single-handedly saved AM radio and revolutionized a medium.

Fast forward +/- 35 years to today: His massive success spawned any number of local and national copycats, most notably former Rush fill-in host Sean Hannity. While they don't possess anything near Limbaugh's entertainment chops, they hammer away at all his standard talking points and distortion tactics and have largely been able to add Limbaugh's listeners to their own audience. The force and influence of talk radio can not only be measured by its number of listeners; perhaps even more importantly, the constant drum beating and repetition of the talking points has clearly influenced the very thought processes of its listeners.

But as that echo chamber has grown exponentially, its effects go even deeper. Limbaugh certainly couldn't have known about or planned for the explosion of the internet and how it enabled an entire closed-circuit universe of like-minded conservatives. There is no way to understate this. This group now gets ALL of its "news" and "information" from conservative talk radio and conservative internet. Anything outside of that tightly-controlled universe is ignored, dismissed, and/or labeled "fake news", and these people are cut off from facts and information that matter.

While we have always debated and quibbled over facts, we are now in an environment where we are operating under two entirely separate sets of facts and information. This has pulled apart the two ends of the spectrum so far that we appear to have lost the ability to engage in normal adult conversation. How exactly is a republic supposed to function when communication is lost?

Finally, the ravings and tactics of talk radio have been inserted directly into our national politics. They're reflected in the purity tests now imposed on Republican politicians and candidates. And in predictable response, they are now also being reflected in the actions of Democratic politicians and candidates. The chasm continues to grow, and we're seeing the predictable results: Violence, hate, constant talk of civil war.

So I wonder if, in private moments, Rush reflects on what he started and regrets any of it.

Dont you dare complain when MSM had a monopoly on fake news for 40 years or so.

Democrats hate Rush because he's 10 times more intelligent than any of them (especially the ones on this board. Total idiots).
April 3, 2007
RUSH: Mark my brilliant words on this. ... The vast majority of CO2 that's in the atmosphere comes from water vapor.

March 01, 2012
RUSH: To put it bluntly, dumb people are too dumb to know it." It's a blessing! You know, the worst thing would be to be dumb and to know it -- and there's evidence all over that the dumb do not know they're dumb.
Lemme guess...you want me to prove he's not stupid? It's a lot easier to prove you ARE stupid. All I have to do is let you post.

Do you feel he presents the facts in a fair, comprehensive and accurate way?

No more or less than any other media source. the reason why Fox News and Rush Limbaugh have an audience is that they are representing the views of their audience.

The real problem with Rush is that he's been passed up by even crazier voices like Alex Jones, Glenn Beck and yes, Donald Trump.

The bigger problem are Vichy Americans like you who say, "Well, as long as my portfolio is doing well, I really don't care that Trump is throwing kids into concentration camps! Heck, I'm even insulted you are calling them 'concentration camps', because that's mean!"

And the alternative to locking kids up is setting them free and being prayed on by sexual predators , so is that what you want?

Of course not, you want open borders and their criminal parents set free.

So, if I present ONE TIME, when he said something True, that will destroy your narrative?
Now that would definitely be a challenge!
Much easier to show his LIES!
Jun 16, 2017
RUSH: The thing that I don’t get about the electric car — I actually get it. I just think it’s interesting to point out. Where do they think the batteries in these cars get their juice? When they plug those cars in to recharge the batteries, where’s the juice coming from? Ninety-nine out of a hundred places it’s coming from a coal-fired power plant.

What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Major energy sources and percent shares of U.S. electricity generation at utility-scale facilities in 2016
Natural gas = 33.8%
Coal = 30.4%
Nuclear = 19.7%
Renewables (total) = 14.9%
Hydropower = 6.5%
Wind = 5.6%
Biomass = 1.5%
Solar = 0.9%
Geothermal = 0.4%
Petroleum = 0.6%
Other gases = 0.3%
Other nonrenewable sources = 0.3%
Pumped storage hydroelectricity = -0.2%

April 3, 2007

March 01, 2012
Lemme guess...you want me to prove he's not stupid? It's a lot easier to prove you ARE stupid. All I have to do is let you post.
I already proved just how STUPID you and he are, so you CAN'T prove he is not STUPID!
I'm guessing you are too STUPID to know that not one single molecule of CO2 in the entire universe came from water vapor (H2O).

So, if I present ONE TIME, when he said something True, that will destroy your narrative?
Jun 16, 2017
RUSH: The thing that I don’t get about the electric car — I actually get it. I just think it’s interesting to point out. Where do they think the batteries in these cars get their juice? When they plug those cars in to recharge the batteries, where’s the juice coming from? Ninety-nine out of a hundred places it’s coming from a coal-fired power plant.

What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Major energy sources and percent shares of U.S. electricity generation at utility-scale facilities in 2016
Natural gas = 33.8%
Coal = 30.4%
Nuclear = 19.7%
Hydropower = 6.5%
Wind = 5.6%
Biomass = 1.5%
Solar = 0.9%
Geothermal = 0.4%
Petroleum = 0.6%
Other gases = 0.3%
What was the percentage in 2017?

April 3, 2007

March 01, 2012
I already proved just how STUPID you and he are, so you CAN'T prove he is not STUPID!
I'm guessing you are too STUPID to know that not one single molecule of CO2 in the entire universe came from water vapor (H2O).

You took 2019 numbers and equated them to 2017, idiot.

Rush Limbaugh is a genius. His intuition is amazing and he spells out the facts so even an idiot "democrat" should be able to comprehend. Fake news and the morons who still subject themselves to fake news, hate him because he tells the truth.
Do you feel he presents the facts in a fair, comprehensive and accurate way?
What does it matter? You don't deal with facts.
I'll say it yet again:

Please provide examples.

I'll wait here.

As a conservative GenXer with many like-minded millennial friends, I just don't see a lot of Rush Limbaugh's influence in my peer group. We became the way we did because the boomer generation made a complete mess of things.

Jun 16, 2017

Natural gas = 33.8%
Coal = 30.4%
Nuclear = 19.7%
Hydropower = 6.5%
Wind = 5.6%
Biomass = 1.5%
Solar = 0.9%
Geothermal = 0.4%
Petroleum = 0.6%
Other gases = 0.3%
What was the percentage in 2017?
At the time Limpboy told his lie the 2017 data was not yet available, the 2016 data was the most current. But as you well know electrical generation has been declining every year since 2014, so 2017 would be lower and 2018 even lower.
Electricity generation from fossil fuels declined in 2017 as renewable generation rose - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
According to EIA’s Electric Power Monthly, total U.S. net electricity generation fell slightly (down 1.5%) in 2017, reflecting lower electricity demand. Natural gas and coal generation fell by 7.7% and 2.5% from 2016, respectively,

Last edited:
April 3, 2007

March 01, 2012

It doesn't matter what year you choose, in NO year ever in the history of the UNIVERSE has even one molecule of CO2 come from H2O.
I can't believe DittoTards are trying to defend the pathological liar on this!!!!! :cuckoo:

If you had clicked on the link, before you made a FOOL of yourself defending the pathological liar, you would have seen the data was from 2016, the most current data available to him at the time. The data for 2019 is not available yet since the year is not completed, but the 2018 data released in 2019 shows electrical generation from coal DOWN again to 27.4% from 30.4% at the time of his lie.
U.S. electricity generation by source, amount, and share of total in 2018
Energy source
Billion kWh Share of total
Total - all sources 4,178
Fossil fuels (total) 2,651 63.5%
Natural gas 1,468 35.1%
Coal 1,146 27.4%

Last edited:
It's convenient for nutbags to claim that Rush, Hannity and Levin are met with equal bullshit from Maddow, Cooper and Lemon.

Convenient deflection.
I think Maddow has the level of bias which deserves scrutiny.

I dont know enough about Don Lemon except sometimes seeing him go Ham on New Years, lol.

We disagree. Maddow does not tell untruths in an attempt to move her audience to action. Her shit is researched and
supported. When she makes errors, she issues retractions. She is. like all cable news evening hosts, an entertainer who
works for ratings....but she has far more integrity than Hannity or Rush or any of those clowns.

It's convenient for nutbags to claim that Rush, Hannity and Levin are met with equal bullshit from Maddow, Cooper and Lemon.

Convenient deflection.

I dont know enough about Don Lemon except sometimes seeing him go Ham on New Years, lol.

We disagree. Maddow does not tell untruths in an attempt to move her audience to action. Her shit is researched and
supported. When she makes errors, she issues retractions. She is. like all cable news evening hosts, an entertainer who
works for ratings....but she has far more integrity than Hannity or Rush or any of those clowns.
She can do all that, and still have a bias and thats all Im really saying. From what Ive seen (of people in general), is that when they Lean too hard one way politically, they develop a blind spot in their evaluation of each and almost every situation.

Shes got a definite bias, to what degree it effects her cognition I dont know because I just dont watch, thats all.

Convenient deflection.

She can do all that, and still have a bias and thats all Im really saying. From what Ive seen (of people in general), is that when they Lean too hard one way politically, they develop a blind spot in their evaluation of each and almost every situation.

Shes got a definite bias, to what degree it effects her cognition I dont know because I just dont watch, thats all.

She is a liberal pundit. But she doesn't lie to her audience.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Convenient deflection.

She is a liberal pundit. But she doesn't lie to her audience.
I dont classify her the same as Rush. Hes a straight sociopath.

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer first and foremost. There are no actual “facts” in what he promulgates. His job is to sell the narrative that will generate the greatest ratings for his audience. “Liberals suck” will always wheedle the Trump myrmidons...
The thing is that same conclusion also applies to most of the MSM. They are dishonest and biased, just like Rush.

How is it that any American could still get their news from the major networks and cable news channels, after three years of promoting the Russia hoax????? They are still promoting it!!!!!

It would appear there are a lot of morons on the left too.

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer first and foremost. There are no actual “facts” in what he promulgates. His job is to sell the narrative that will generate the greatest ratings for his audience. “Liberals suck” will always wheedle the Trump myrmidons...
The thing is that same conclusion also applies to most of the MSM. They are dishonest and biased, just like Rush.

How is it that any American could still get their news from the major networks and cable news channels, after three years of promoting the Russia hoax????? They are still promoting it!!!!!

It would appear there are a lot of morons on the left too.

Nope. That is the excuse that RW nuts and other weirdo's use. Russian interference, collusion and obstruction all took place. Not
hoaxes. Sorry.

Forum List

Back