Ouch!

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Last weekend I had a wrestler actually shout "ouch" in the middle of a match. I felt bad that he tweaked his knee, but it really was pretty funny how clearly he enunciated it. Turned out to be just a hyper-extension of the knee. When young people experience certain injuries for the first time it can be pretty scary for them. He'll be fine, and ready to compete again in about a week or so. This is how toughness is built. Ultimately, he'll benefit from the experience.

Last weekend I had a wrestler actually shout "ouch" in the middle of a match. I felt bad that he tweaked his knee, but it really was pretty funny how clearly he enunciated it. Turned out to be just a hyper-extension of the knee. When young people experience certain injuries for the first time it can be pretty scary for them. He'll be fine, and ready to compete again in about a week or so. This is how toughness is built. Ultimately, he'll benefit from the experience.
When you get more experienced with injury you just say 'shit' and walk it off.

When you get more experienced with injury you just say 'shit' and walk it off.

I've found that loudly exclaiming "Fuck!" helps me walk it off.

Except for that time I was prying on a piece of walnut with a 1/4" wood chisel and it slipped and went a half inch into my funny bone on my knee. Didn't bleed a bit, but I almost passed out from the pain.

I still have that chisel somewhere, it's the only I still have from 1979.

I've found that loudly exclaiming "Fuck!" helps me walk it off.

Except for that time I was prying on a piece of walnut with a 1/4" wood chisel and it slipped and went a half inch into my funny bone on my knee. Didn't bleed a bit, but I almost passed out from the pain.

I still have that chisel somewhere, it's the only I still have from 1979.
That had to smart!!! Yeah, FUCK is for more serious injuries. :cool:

Broken bone: 'god damn, son of a bitch, fuck, shit!!!'

That's exactly what I said back in 1983. I was a commercial brick and block mason then and laying out a fireplace in some apartment buildings. I was setting a brick down on the concrete floor and an 8-foot long piece of 3" angle iron fell and caught me on the tip of my index finger. I had to have a steel pin put in it and it was hell laying bricks for the next month or two. Thank God for pain pills.

I heard another bricklayer say the same thing you did too. He was next to me on the scaffold, cutting a brick with the edge of his trowel. Someone said something to him, he look up, and then whacked his damned thumb right off. They rushed him to the hospital and actually sewed it back on.

That's exactly what I said back in 1983. I was a commercial brick and block mason then and laying out a fireplace in some apartment buildings. I was setting a brick down on the concrete floor and an 8-foot long piece of 3" angle iron fell and caught me on the tip of my index finger. I had to have a steel pin put in it and it was hell laying bricks for the next month or two. Thank God for pain pills.

I heard another bricklayer say the same thing you did too. He was next to me on the scaffold, cutting a brick with the edge of his trowel. Someone said something to him, he look up, and then whacked his damned thumb right off. They rushed him to the hospital and actually sewed it back on.
When I was a kid (18 or so) I built a dirt bike out of an old heavy duty bicycle. Unfortunately, the I couldn't afford a pneumatic tire for the front but, the bike did have a sprung front end. I thought no problem. Took it out on the street, hit a small pot hole, went over the handle bars and made a 1 point landing on my chin. My jaw snapped in half. Made it hard to swear but I managed a few shits and fucks. Ended up having my upper and lower teeth wired together for a few weeks. Ate through a straw.

reattaching digits hurts a lot more than removing them.

reattaching digits hurts a lot more than removing them.
Yep, cut to the top of my little finger almost off. They had to sew it back and the Novocaine shot hurt a lot when they put the needle in. After that, no pain though.

Yep, cut to the top of my little finger almost off. They had to sew it back and the Novocaine shot hurt a lot.
And a giant needle for antibiotics (human mouths being loaded with germs).

I was helping cook in the military when somebody walked by and said hi....distracted I reached in and grabbed the handle of a pot that had been in oven for an hour or so....that burned a bit
I kinda hate those pans that can go from stovetop to oven because I almost always forget.

Forum List

Back