OT. My cubbies are winning 4 to 1

"As sure as God made green apples, the Cubs are going to be in the world series"

capture21.jpeg

617305340-e1477191679888.jpg

Game 7 was a GREAT game!
However, it was just a GAME.
I hope the celebrations are not too irrational.

"As sure as God made green apples, the Cubs are going to be in the world series"

capture21.jpeg

I been soaking this up so much I havent come back to this section for the last few days.:biggrin:

Man the last couple years in baseball have been just amazingly fantastic for me. Last year my favorite team the Royals won the world series,now THIS year my second favorite team the Cubbies win.yahoo!!!!!:dance::clap::banana:

I was hoping for a Cubs and royals world series last year since one of them for sure would have been assured of winning it all but this is probably just as good,maybe even better now that I think about it.:dance::banana::happy-1:

This Cubs team reminds me an awful lot of the 1985 Royals as well. Because BOTH teams that year had poor hitting in the playoffs and world series but won it with dominating pitching and a great bullpen with some low scoring games and same as in the 1985 with the Royals when they could not hit the cardinals starting pitcher John Tudor the first two times out,the third time, game seven was a charm and they scored piles of runs against them and they ALSO were down 3-1 in that series.

Oh and it looks like you have a former royal to thank no less for ending your suffering and the 100 plus years jinx.:DNot only was Zobrist the MVP in the series he was instrumental in the playoffs in them GETTING to the series as well.:banana::clap::dance:

capture21.jpeg

I been soaking this up so much I havent come back to this section for the last few days.:biggrin:

Man the last couple years in baseball have been just amazingly fantastic for me. Last year my favorite team the Royals won the world series,now THIS year my second favorite team the Cubbies win.yahoo!!!!!:dance::clap::banana:

I was hoping for a Cubs and royals world series last year since one of them for sure would have been assured of winning it all but this is probably just as good,maybe even better now that I think about it.:dance::banana::happy-1:

This Cubs team reminds me an awful lot of the 1985 Royals as well. Because BOTH teams that year had poor hitting in the playoffs and world series but won it with dominating pitching and a great bullpen with some low scoring games and same as the in 1985 with the Royals when they could not hit their starting pitcher John Tudor the first two times out,the third time, game seven was a charm and they scored piles of runs against them and they ALSO were down 3-1 in that series.

Oh and it looks like you have a former royal to thank no less for ending your suffering and the 100 plus years jinx.:DNot only was Zobrist the MVP in the series he was instrumental in the playoffs in them GETTING to the series as well.:banana::clap::dance:

14695488_918570728274877_6487979635343566221_n.jpg

capture21.jpeg

This Cubs team reminds me an awful lot of the 1985 Royals as well. Because BOTH teams that year had poor hitting in the playoffs and world series but won it with dominating pitching and a great bullpen with some low scoring games and same as the in 1985 with the Royals when they could not hit their starting pitcher John Tudor the first two times out,the third time, game seven was a charm and they scored piles of runs against them and they ALSO were down 3-1 in that series.

Unlike my Royals,you probably had people from all over the country there celebrating because pretty much the entire country was rooting for them.:up: Heck the Liq doesnt even live here in the US,he lives in australia and even HE was rooting for them.:D

while you are here,check your pm.

capture21.jpeg

Unlike my Royals,you probably had people from all over the country there celebrating because pretty much the entire country was rooting for them.:up: Heck the Liq doesnt even live here in the US,he lives in australia and even HE was rooting for them.:D

Yea I know pal losing the world series for 108 years..ya get some fans all over the world.

capture21.jpeg

Yea I know pal losing the world series for 108 years..ya get some fans all over the world.

pretty much every restaurant bar i went to to watch it during the playoffs and series,EVERY single one of them was rooting for the cubs. as i said,you cant deny you have a former ROYAL to thank in being very instrumental in not only winning it for ya but getting you there as well.:biggrin:

he rightly so won the MVP award being the hottest hitter not just on the cubs but on EITHER team. oh and guess what? when the chicago white sox won their first world series for the first time since like the 1940's or something like that wasnt it bout ten years ago or so,back then it was none other than a former royal who won the MVP for them as well.:biggrin: without doing a google search i assume you remember who it was?

capture21.jpeg

pretty much every restaurant bar i went to to watch it during the playoffs and series,EVERY single one of them was rooting for the cubs. as i said,you cant deny you have a former ROYAL to thank in being very instrumental in not only winning it for ya but getting you there as well.:biggrin:

he rightly so won the MVP award being the hottest hitter not just on the cubs but on EITHER team. oh and guess what? when the chicago white sox won their first world series for the first time since like the 1940's or something like that wasnt it bout ten years ago or so,back then it was none other than a former royal who won the MVP for them as well.:biggrin: without doing a google search i assume you remember who it was?

And a bunch of us Yankee fans, too.

And a bunch of us Yankee fans, too.

Thanks that means a lot comming from a Yankees fan

I still can't believe it, kind of like my life's complete I seen it all the 85 bears, the 8 bulls championships , the 3 black hawks the 05 white Sox and now this

110316-wls-mabel-ball-newspaper-img.jpg

I still can't believe it, kind of like my life's complete I seen it all the 85 bears, the 8 bulls championships , the 3 black hawks the 05 white Sox and now this
8...I only remember 6, 2 three peats....

I had a shirt that said....
Real men do it 6 times! Lol...ahhh, those were the days!

Superbowl shuffle... Lol....remember that

Yep, I'm 49, so I enjoyed all those as well...
Except 6 Bull championships

That's when basketball was awesome!

My 2 most memorable games....

I had 2 jobs, I worked for Dominick's & Super America.
Pepsi was sponsoring a contest at SA gas stations,
create a display, Pepsi related, w a team of 4.

The winning team would win court side, floor seats,
for a Bulls game and dinner at Maggiano's.

I had already been merchandising and creating displays,
at Dominick's so, I put together my team and went to work.

We not only incorporated Pepsi products in the display but,
incorporated SA brands as well, and built 4 displays instead of 1.

Not only did we win for best display, w Pepsi but,
our store had the highest SA brand sales, in the region.

Anyhoo, it was the first year wo MJ,
and the last year for the Chicago stadium.

We were playing the 76ers or Ind. Pacers,
I was so freaking excited, we were right behind the freaking net,
Bill Cartwright was so close to me I was like...pst...pst...bill...lol

when half time started, I jumped up so fast, to get to a pay phone...
(remember those)cuz I wanted to call my dad and ask him
if he saw me jumping up and down behind the basket...

that I ended up in the main aisle leading to the locker rooms,
I was swept up in the middle of the opposing team!
I couldn't see shit cuz they were so fucking tall.
ROFLMFAO, a security guard rescued me and redirected me.

A friend of mine had season tickets...
He asked me if I wanted 4 tickets for Xmas day, he wasn't going.
HELL YEAH!...r u kidding
Me, my sister, brother and 1of his friends went..
We were playing the New York Knicks

It was MJ's first year back, since leaving after his father was murdered.
The game went into triple overtime...
Ewing, Starks and Mason had been fouled out by end of game.
So had Pippen and Grant, if I remember correctly.
Anyhoo, we won and it was the best Xmas ever!

I can't tell you the last time I watched a basketball game.
Hockey is what I enjoy watching...one team, one goal

It was CRAZY downtown today for the parade & rally.
Grant Park was an ocean of red, white & blue.
The streets and sidewalks were waves of red, white & blue.
What a sight....one of the few instances, I'd like to have had a smartphone!

I have a dumb phone...hate smartphones!

The End....ROFLMAO :bye1:

Forum List

Back