Oregon divided

This looks great to me.
79146523-9c18-4a28-a215-4b5c445e2086-large16x9_Eastern_washington_oregon_idaho.bmp

Like the rest of the country, Oregon is sick of having policies determined by the cities.

"...big city lawmakers passing restrictive environmental and economic laws are hurting farmers, hunters and ranchers.

"Smith says to look at where the power lies.

"Keep in mind that 43 of the 60 legislators in this building come from Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County," he said. "It makes it difficult for a small population of Oregonians to have influence on major policy."

""Our citizens are hurting," Smith said to KATU's Chris Liedle. "I think there are folks back home that have a level of frustration both with state government and with the federal government."

"To start the discussion, Parsons emailed every state legislator in all three states, contacted newspapers in the area and started a forum on Yahoo Groups titled "Oregon and Washington Joining Idaho" to discuss logistics like what would happen with assets like state prisons and universities in counties that voted to join Idaho.

"We want a voice," Parsons said. "Give us our voice and we'll take our lumps, if that is what it comes to."

Ideally, Parsons says it would be the county's decision to join Idaho or stay with its current state.

"If people in Malheur County say we want to be a part of Idaho, then I think the rest of Oregon should say, go for it," he exclaimed. "This could theoretically go all the way across the state."

He's reading Malheur County all wrong, though. That place has been taken over by communists and pigs. So let them stay with Bend and Eugene. They deserve each other.

Lawmaker to pitch idea to join eastern parts of Oregon, Washington with Idaho
What would be the new capitol?

Spokane?

Boise?

What's the capitol of Idaho now? If we join with Idaho, Idaho would still have the same capitol.

If we created our own state, I think the capitol should be Pendleton.
That's why it would never work.

Everybody will want the new capitol in THEIR remnant state.
You are pretty clueless in many ways.
No shit, I'm like wtf? He's ranting on my posting style? I think he and fake and liewinger met up at a pub and are getting drunk or something.
Well I suppose you could share some of the nifty laws that Idaho has that protects it citizens and business people too. Then again you can just include those in the next article down the line.

But they won't turn down that big city money. Losers.

Back country rednecks complain about city folks making policy

But they love it when the revenue generated in cities goes to pay for their roads, electricity, schools, hospitals....none of which would be available if they had to pay for it themselves
No, we don't. We don't need that revenue. When the feds and the city statists get the fuck out of our business, we'll build our own roads.

Cut off ALL the funding.

Evict ALL the parks, usfws, usfs, and blm employees

and we'll be just fine. When we managed our own resources, we did just fine.

Related True Story - Alaska has been trying to get it's capital moved to Anchorage for economic reasons for like ever - No damn dice even though Anchorage HUGELY outnumbers the capital...

Like the rest of the country, Oregon is sick of having policies determined by the cities.

"...big city lawmakers passing restrictive environmental and economic laws are hurting farmers, hunters and ranchers.

"Keep in mind that 43 of the 60 legislators in this building come from Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County," he said. "It makes it difficult for a small population of Oregonians to have influence on major policy."

""Our citizens are hurting," Smith said to KATU's Chris Liedle. "I think there are folks back home that have a level of frustration both with state government and with the federal government."

"To start the discussion, Parsons emailed every state legislator in all three states, contacted newspapers in the area and started a forum on Yahoo Groups titled "Oregon and Washington Joining Idaho" to discuss logistics like what would happen with assets like state prisons and universities in counties that voted to join Idaho.

"We want a voice," Parsons said. "Give us our voice and we'll take our lumps, if that is what it comes to."

Ideally, Parsons says it would be the county's decision to join Idaho or stay with its current state.

"If people in Malheur County say we want to be a part of Idaho, then I think the rest of Oregon should say, go for it," he exclaimed. "This could theoretically go all the way across the state."

He's reading Malheur County all wrong, though. That place has been taken over by communists and pigs. So let them stay with Bend and Eugene. They deserve each other.

So....majority rule via voting is a BAD thing now?

Let's all do whatever we want and keep repeating "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", ...
And our leftist comrades in the cities break them, and we're sick of it.
Because.....only people in cities break the law, right Allie?

So....majority rule via voting is a BAD thing now?
I thought you liked to 'stick it' to the majority from what you post. It appears that the minority in this case doesn't like the idea of being shot like dogs from your type of majority support.

This looks great to me.
79146523-9c18-4a28-a215-4b5c445e2086-large16x9_Eastern_washington_oregon_idaho.bmp

Look at that map

Who has a bigger tax base, the little sliver on the left or that huge yellow area?
Taxes are a curse and it sounds like those country folk are wanting to let the city folk drown in their "bigger tax base".

What is the average income of those country folk?
Do they understand what the tax base is in a sparsely populated county with no real industry or sources of income?

Now, if you go off by yourself, who pays for schools, roads, hospitals, electrification?
It won't be those city folk

Forum List

Back