Oregon divided

Lets look at the map

cb11cn43_or_totalpop_2010map.jpg

Where does the money come from?

This looks great to me.
79146523-9c18-4a28-a215-4b5c445e2086-large16x9_Eastern_washington_oregon_idaho.bmp

Look at that map

Who has a bigger tax base, the little sliver on the left or that huge yellow area?
Taxes are a curse and it sounds like those country folk are wanting to let the city folk drown in their "bigger tax base".

What is the average income of those country folk?
Do they understand what the tax base is in a sparsely populated county with no real industry or sources of income?

Now, if you go off by yourself, who pays for schools, roads, hospitals, electrification?
It won't be those city folk
Not everyone requires huge administrative budgets like you have in the cities. People even had schools way back when in very sparsely populated areas of the country. Dang, I mean Idaho even has schools and a legislation, judges, roads and all that modern day type sh*t. Do you have any clue at all or are you always this simple minded?

Like the rest of the country, Oregon is sick of having policies determined by the cities.

"...big city lawmakers passing restrictive environmental and economic laws are hurting farmers, hunters and ranchers.

"Smith says to look at where the power lies.

"Keep in mind that 43 of the 60 legislators in this building come from Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County," he said. "It makes it difficult for a small population of Oregonians to have influence on major policy."

""Our citizens are hurting," Smith said to KATU's Chris Liedle. "I think there are folks back home that have a level of frustration both with state government and with the federal government."

"To start the discussion, Parsons emailed every state legislator in all three states, contacted newspapers in the area and started a forum on Yahoo Groups titled "Oregon and Washington Joining Idaho" to discuss logistics like what would happen with assets like state prisons and universities in counties that voted to join Idaho.

"We want a voice," Parsons said. "Give us our voice and we'll take our lumps, if that is what it comes to."

Ideally, Parsons says it would be the county's decision to join Idaho or stay with its current state.

"If people in Malheur County say we want to be a part of Idaho, then I think the rest of Oregon should say, go for it," he exclaimed. "This could theoretically go all the way across the state."

He's reading Malheur County all wrong, though. That place has been taken over by communists and pigs. So let them stay with Bend and Eugene. They deserve each other.

Lawmaker to pitch idea to join eastern parts of Oregon, Washington with Idaho
Yet 93% of Americans believe in some form of tighter gun laws, and you yell "NO!"

One man one vote, kg. Tough.

You're full of shit, and lying again fakey. You should live in Chicago. Go gunless.
Like the rest of the country, Oregon is sick of having policies determined by the cities.

"...big city lawmakers passing restrictive environmental and economic laws are hurting farmers, hunters and ranchers.

"Keep in mind that 43 of the 60 legislators in this building come from Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County," he said. "It makes it difficult for a small population of Oregonians to have influence on major policy."

""Our citizens are hurting," Smith said to KATU's Chris Liedle. "I think there are folks back home that have a level of frustration both with state government and with the federal government."

"To start the discussion, Parsons emailed every state legislator in all three states, contacted newspapers in the area and started a forum on Yahoo Groups titled "Oregon and Washington Joining Idaho" to discuss logistics like what would happen with assets like state prisons and universities in counties that voted to join Idaho.

"We want a voice," Parsons said. "Give us our voice and we'll take our lumps, if that is what it comes to."

Ideally, Parsons says it would be the county's decision to join Idaho or stay with its current state.

"If people in Malheur County say we want to be a part of Idaho, then I think the rest of Oregon should say, go for it," he exclaimed. "This could theoretically go all the way across the state."

He's reading Malheur County all wrong, though. That place has been taken over by communists and pigs. So let them stay with Bend and Eugene. They deserve each other.

So....majority rule via voting is a BAD thing now?
When kg does not get her way, sure.

But they won't turn down that big city money. Losers.

Back country rednecks complain about city folks making policy

But they love it when the revenue generated in cities goes to pay for their roads, electricity, schools, hospitals....none of which would be available if they had to pay for it themselves

Thank you liberals, for voting to give us good folks, stuff!!

This looks great to me.
79146523-9c18-4a28-a215-4b5c445e2086-large16x9_Eastern_washington_oregon_idaho.bmp

Look at that map

Who has a bigger tax base, the little sliver on the left or that huge yellow area?
Taxes are a curse and it sounds like those country folk are wanting to let the city folk drown in their "bigger tax base".
How much of that area is dominated by rural welfare, food stamps, and farm subsidies?

We love liberals giving us stuff!

This looks great to me.

Look at that map

Do they understand what the tax base is in a sparsely populated county with no real industry or sources of income?

Now, if you go off by yourself, who pays for schools, roads, hospitals, electrification?
Not everyone requires huge administrative budgets like you have in the cities. People even had schools way back when in very sparsely populated areas of the country. Dang, I mean Idaho even has schools and a legislation, judges, roads and all that modern day type sh*t. Do you have any clue at all or are you always this simple minded?

Yes you do have those things....and you actually think you paid for them?

You think a road or major bridge in the middle of Moosefuck Oregon is paid for by the few hundred citizens who live there?
You think the power companies ran power lines in the middle of nowhere and they are paid for by the few citizens who use them?
You think a modern High School is paid for by the few hundred families that send their kids there?

No, the rest of the state subsidizes those things. These are the wealthy taxpayers who live and have businesses near cities that are picking up the slack. If local taxpayers in Moosefuck Oregon had to support themselves, they would still be using outhouses and one room school houses

This looks great to me.

Look at that map

Yes you do have those things....and you actually think you paid for them?

You think a road or major bridge in the middle of Moosefuck Oregon is paid for by the few hundred citizens who live there?
You think the power companies ran power lines in the middle of nowhere and they are paid for by the few citizens who use them?
You think a modern High School is paid for by the few hundred families that send their kids there?

No, the rest of the state subsidizes those things. These are the wealthy taxpayers who live and have businesses near cities that are picking up the slack. If local taxpayers in Moosefuck Oregon had to support themselves, they would still be using outhouses and one room school houses
I went to a one room schoolhouse, best part of education I had growing up. When we moved back to the city school area the teachers did not know what to do with me because I was years ahead of their other students. They would have me entertain myself with drawing paper because I would zip through the assignments. Outhouses, are you seriously that stupid. We country folk build our own sewage systems and they beat the heck outta your sewage facilities in the cities that dump their sh*t into the waterways. Electric, if you want it to cross through to the cities you have to put it through the country areas to get there. Again your too simple minded to think your way through it all. BTW, we can also generate our own electric too.

Great idea...why don't you all revolt and join with the great state of Idaho

give-take-small-final.png

Idaho receives $1.61 in federal spending for every $1 they contribute
Let the eastern portions of Washington and Oregon join them and they will need even more federal dollars

You will be giving up the huge tax bases of Seattle/Tacoma and Portland to join a freeloading tax state like Idaho

Let the eastern portions of Washington and Oregon join them and they will need even more federal dollars

You will be giving up the huge tax bases of Seattle/Tacoma and Portland to join a freeloading tax state like Idaho
Yeah, get out of the parks, the state can manage their own and quit letting BLM collect money from out of the states and then claim its a gift back to the states when the states get it back. City folk can pay more for their groceries too. Fair enough trade off.

This looks great to me.

Look at that map

We pay for our schools, roads, hospitals and *electrification* lol.
Just like we USED to do before the fucking commie pigs forced us out of our jobs, seized our ranches, locked down our water sources, shut our mills, and made it illegal to fucking develop our own land or make a living off it.

We'll be fine. You need to get the fuck away from us. Our PROBLEM is you guys. You leave, and all our problems will disappear. Get out of our schools, off our public lands, and away from our property.

Related True Story - Alaska has been trying to get it's capital moved to Anchorage for economic reasons for like ever - No damn dice even though Anchorage HUGELY outnumbers the capital...

Salem is our capitol..they aren't the largest city in Oregon. They don't even have a big airport.

This looks great to me.

Look at that map

Take them. We never wanted them, they were thrust upon us.

Go away.

If the stupid lefties don't get the message soon, it's just a matter of time before rural residents start taking pot shots at them. I don't think the snowflakes quite get the level of animosity the locals have towards them.

The Enemies of Democracy Have Forced New Demographics

I have a conflict because, if taken without secession, this seem to conflict with majority rule. However, I can go deeper into what has been going on and resolve that dilemma because Environmentalism represents the overwhelming and unrepresentative power of a selfish and exclusivist elite. (Similarly, Whites cannot support majoritarianism if undesirables have been allowed to vote or immigrate and become voters against the will of the original majority).

So there is a contradiction here. Wasn't Oregon united before the 1% took over the laws and even the voters' minds because of its massive brainwashing power?

But they won't turn down that big city money. Losers.

Back country rednecks complain about city folks making policy

But they love it when the revenue generated in cities goes to pay for their roads, electricity, schools, hospitals....none of which would be available if they had to pay for it themselves
No, we don't. We don't need that revenue. When the feds and the city statists get the fuck out of our business, we'll build our own roads.

Cut off ALL the funding.

Evict ALL the parks, usfws, usfs, and blm employees

and we'll be just fine. When we managed our own resources, we did just fine.
Nature Is a Pretty Sight Only to Those Sitting Pretty

Don't be a sucker and fall for this Left/Right charade. Amputate both Invisible Hands of the united hereditary regime.

The development of nature causes class mobility. That's why the fixed ruling class has prevented it. Don't believe the media presentation that the New Age movement is some delusioned idealists with no ulterior class motives.

The historian Frederick Jackson Turner wrote The Significance of the Frontier in American History, which revealed that the opportunities to exploit natural resources by anyone who was adventurous broke up a static system inherited from a stagnant Europe. Purposely and deceptively closing off development stifles all that. Environmentalist shutdowns actually represent hoarding by the Right Wing plutocracy and its toxic heirs.

/--- gee big cities dominating sparsely populated farm land. Sound like what the Electoral College was designed to prevent.

The Enemies of Democracy Have Forced New Demographics

I have a conflict because, if taken without secession, this seem to conflict with majority rule. However, I can go deeper into what has been going on and resolve that dilemma because Environmentalism represents the overwhelming and unrepresentative power of a selfish and exclusivist elite. (Similarly, Whites cannot support majoritarianism if undesirables have been allowed to vote or immigrate and become voters against the will of the original majority).

So there is a contradiction here. Wasn't Oregon united before the 1% took over the laws and even the voters' minds because of its massive brainwashing power?
Yup.

And Oregon was self sufficient before they seized our resources and leveled unconstitutional land use laws against land owners, that made it IMPOSSIBLE for them to support themselves from their land.

/--- gee big cities dominating sparsely populated farm land. Sound like what the Electoral College was designed to prevent.

Yup.
Also what the constitution sought to prevent when it made it ILLEGAL for the feds to seize and control public and private lands and resources

Forum List

Back