Transgender high school runner in Oregon hears boos from crowd after winning girls' 200-meter state title

You're the adults shaming kids just trying to live their lives. I hope they held their head high and smiled at all the angry Bingos. :laugh:

A kid living their life should not steal glory from others trying to live theirs.

There is a reason we have male sports and female sports. Or do you support getting rid of any sex based divisions and just having one?

At that age the difference between boys and girls is massive. As a high school 800m runner my time was better than the women's world record.

A kid living their life should not steal glory from others trying to live theirs.
Stealing implies they broke or subverted the rules of the sports governing body. Is that what they did?
There is a reason we have male sports and female sports. Or do you support getting rid of any sex based divisions and just having one?
That reason is biology. Things like puberty blockers and hormone treatments affect biology.
At that age the difference between boys and girls is massive. As a high school 800m runner my time was better than the women's world record.
And is that comparable to this situation?

Despite the OPs ignorant and bigoted claims, people aren't pretending. That's not what the science says. I don't care if you want to proudly wave your bigot flag around just don't come here and pretend you're coming from a place of rationality.

I ran track in High School and was slightly better than average. Usually getting a second or third.

If I had the chance to compete against girls and win all the time with no effort, I would not even consider it.
I would rather get third place against real competition
are you sure you're a democrat?

A couple of boos are meaningless. The U.S. Northwest that spawned serial killers like Bundy is so screwed up that it might never get straight. (pardon the pun)

Another male masquerading as a girl steeling a title from another hard working female. The reported boos weren't overwhelming, but it's the reaction we need to see more of. These boys need to stop being celebrated and instead start receiving the shame they deserve.

What needs to happen is any time a trans boy competes against girls, the girls simply don't run. After a couple of track meets, or swim meets where you have one, or two people participating, the powers that be will stop the bullshit.

Hell, a boys high school soccer team crushed the Woman's USA Soccer team.

I fail to see what satisfaction he gets out of beating a bunch of girls
He gets whatever satisfaction bullies have gotten from abusing people weaker (physically) than themselves since time immemorial. That's the bullying that Democrats are supporting, nay, insisting on. Girls who complain about being bullied by men taking over their sports are then bullied by the Democrats in public school and tax-funded college administrations.

1. Everyone should be as kind and gentle as possible.

2. A transgender person must be a very confused and lonely person.

3. Cisgender girls should decline to participate in such contests.

That reason is biology. Things like puberty blockers and hormone treatments affect biology.

They do not change biology.

And is that comparable to this situation?

Yes, you have a boy running against girls

Despite the OPs ignorant and bigoted claims, people aren't pretending. That's not what the science says. I don't care if you want to proudly wave your bigot flag around just don't come here and pretend you're coming from a place of rationality.

Science deals with sex, not genders. The person that won the 200m race is of the male sex, that is what science says

Things like puberty blockers and hormone treatments affect biology.

Is this person taking those? They are not required in the state of Or. All that is required is for the person to pick their gender of choice.

Oregon requires no medical or hormonal transition for trans athletes to compete in any gendered category, and the state allows nonbinary athletes to simply choose their gender category in sports, regardless of any medical interventions.

Oregon requires no medical or hormonal transition for trans athletes to compete in any gendered category, and the state allows nonbinary athletes to simply choose their gender category in sports, regardless of any medical interventions.
How retarded.

I have compassion for Transgenders
They should be able to assume the gender that they psychologically align to.
But sports is a physical activity. We have women’s sports for a reason. Women cannot compete physically with men. So they have sports assigned to them.

I ran High School Track. I was slightly better than average. In my event I usually finished second or third. But I was faster than female Olympians. I don’t think I should have been allowed to compete in the women’s Olympics where I would have won a medal

That's the absolute truth but there are many who attempt to make this into discrimination against trannies, which is absolutely absurd. I see no logic on the tranny side.
It’s pretty much the same why 26 year old males don’t play football against 14 year old boys

I have compassion for Transgenders
They should be able to assume the gender that they psychologically align to.

I agree.

But sports is a physical activity. We have women’s sports for a reason. Women cannot compete physically with men. So they have sports assigned to them.

I ran High School Track. I was slightly better than average. In my event I usually finished second or third. But I was faster than female Olympians. I don’t think I should have been allowed to compete in the women’s Olympics where I would have won a medal

Which is why things like sports should be based on sex, and not gender.

#237 on the priority list. Has nothing to do with the economy or international relations. It literally doesn',t matter.
A lot of us can multi task. Protecting women and children are a high priority for REAL men. We understand why progressive “makes” want us to look the other way.

Forum List

Back