Ordered one of these manual leather sewing machines...

I'll tell you what, whenever the shtf and everything crashes and people are trying to kill each other and loot to survive and it comes down to people having to survive self-sufficiently in their own little compounds, Missourian is gonna be a valuable skillset in almost every single way. Dibs on Missourian...

Last edited:
I have three of these darned things I picked up at garage sales over the years, but haven't used them so far.

1671456189931.jpeg

$109 with coupon...
FamYun Hand Cobbler Shoe Repair Machine Dual Cotton Nylon Line Sewing Machine Manual Leather Machine Shoe Sewing Machine https://a.co/d/5AD7pvw

I'm kinda jealous! I make liners for my crocs and the originals have a little piece of gum rubber sewn into the heel, which none of my machines can handle. Bet that one would.

Good purchase!

I am so happy that I bought a treadle sewing machine for sewing clothing in a power down situation. Got a great bargain on a well-working Singer Iron Lady made 100 years ago! If nothing else, it will be a great way to combat boredom in a protracted period without power.

That is relevant to my interests OP.....Please give a full review.

I'm stuck with a hand awe sewing kit and while it's ok to make holster and other small repairs I'd sort of like to cobble together one out of scratch that does not end-up looking like Frankenstein's monster. ;)

I don't support Bezos so I looked on eBay and found this.....$119.99 with free shipping.

Shoe Repair Machine Making Sewing Hand Manual Leather/Cotton/Nylon Needle | eBay

That is relevant to my interests OP.....Please give a full review.

I'm stuck with a hand awe sewing kit and while it's ok to make holster and other small repairs I'd sort of like to cobble together one out of scratch that does not end-up looking like Frankenstein's monster. ;)

I don't support Bezos so I looked on eBay and found this.....$119.99 with free shipping.

Shoe Repair Machine Making Sewing Hand Manual Leather/Cotton/Nylon Needle | eBay

Oh, now I'm thinking. Some years ago, I got a complete shoe making course on discs. I should find it and start learning. Also look into stocking up on the materials necessary. I can sew almost anything from fabric but leather is an exciting new experience.

It's not as if I don't have enough to do! LOL!

I'll tell you what, whenever the shtf and everything crashes and people are trying to kill each other and loot to survive and it comes down to people having to survive self-sufficiently in their own little compounds, Missourian is gonna be a valuable skillset in almost every single way. Dibs on Missourian...

My granny taught me to sew.
I can make clothes, toys, pillow cases, totes, and an assortment of other things.
I can knit as well. Only flat pieces, but I can put those pieces together to make stuff.....scarves, hats, footies, mitts.......

I'm not good at it, but I can carve small objects out of wood.

I can make stuff out of clay.

I can make thatch out of vines.

I made a "fort" out of old Cmas trees one year when I was in high school.

I can grow food. I can fish. I can trap.

I can do all sorts of shit.

My granny told me when I was young, that I needed to know how to do everything I can possibly learn to do, because the only person you can truly depend on is yourself.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Yes, he specializes in assless chaps.

I'm kinda jealous! I make liners for my crocs and the originals have a little piece of gum rubber sewn into the heel, which none of my machines can handle. Bet that one would.

Good purchase!

I am so happy that I bought a treadle sewing machine for sewing clothing in a power down situation. Got a great bargain on a well-working Singer Iron Lady made 100 years ago! If nothing else, it will be a great way to combat boredom in a protracted period without power.

If this works out I'd like to try converting it to treadle.

Build your own treadle? I'd love to do this. I do dollhouse miniatures and I'd love to build a treadle lathe for turning in miniature. If you build you own, keep us posted on how it works.

Now thats a good idea if you could figure out a way to do it.
You'd still have the ability to use both hands for the work piece.

The guy who came up with the electric motor I believe is kinda on the right track.
It would be far better if you could get the groove machined on the original piece since it would slow down the needle speed with the larger pulley.
Or perhaps find a larger pulley.

Build your own treadle? I'd love to do this. I do dollhouse miniatures and I'd love to build a treadle lathe for turning in miniature. If you build you own, keep us posted on how it works.

Now thats a good idea if you could figure out a way to do it.
You'd still have the ability to use both hands for the work piece.

The guy who came up with the electric motor I believe is kinda on the right track.
It would be far better if you could get the groove machined on the original piece since it would slow down the needle speed with the larger pulley.
Or perhaps find a larger pulley.

Forum List

Back