Open carry of guns at the Republican convention....yep....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Ohio laws will be obeyed....so carrying guns will be allowed in the 8 square mile convention area...the only area that will not allow it that controlled by the Secret Service....

Openly Carried Guns to Be OK Near Republican Convention

Among the items protesters will be banned from carrying at this month's Republican National Convention in Cleveland: explosives, large knives, umbrellas with metal tips, and tennis balls.

Something they will be allowed to carry: guns.

Thanks to Ohio state laws, anyone within the 8-square-kilometer "event zone" in downtown Cleveland will be able to openly carry legally owned firearms. With a valid permit, they can even carry a concealed weapon.

And city officials cannot change that.

"It's the state law, and we have to follow the law, so yeah," Dan Williams, a spokesman for the Cleveland mayor's office, told VOA when asked whether protesters would be able to carry guns in the event zone.

-------------

Protesters will not be allowed to carry firearms everywhere in Cleveland.

For instance, no open-carry firearms will be allowed within 300 meters of a school safety zone. And no one will be able to carry weapons of any kind inside the much smaller, secured area surrounding Quicken Loans Arena, which will be controlled by the Secret Service.

But that's it, unless Ohio's state legislature passes some type of emergency legislation — a move that seems unlikely, since the General Assembly is in recess until the end of September.

I feel safer already

Armed Trump supporters

hilary supporters will actually have to behave themselves this time around......they can't just beat people up like their nazi cousins did in Germany.........

So long as no one behaves like a fool, there should be no problem.

Regardless of human behavior the 2nd Amendment will not be abridged.

I feel safer already

Armed Trump supporters

Yes...you guys prefer your victims unarmed....
As already correctly noted: no one wishes to see victims at all.

Moreover, democrats and liberals fully support the Second Amendment, they support the right to self-defense, and they support the right of citizens to carry firearms…

…particularly republicans during their nominating convention live on National television, online, and on every social network for all to see.

I feel safer already

Armed Trump supporters

Yes...you guys prefer your victims unarmed....

Moreover, democrats and liberals fully support the Second Amendment, they support the right to self-defense, and they support the right of citizens to carry firearms…

…particularly republicans during their nominating convention live on National television, online, and on every social network for all to see.

No, the left doesn't. You can keep saying it over and over...but their actions and their slow, incremental gun grabbing shows you are wrong....

Any self-conscious person on any side of the political spectrum would know that activists groups slowly chisel away at the things they want to change.

It starts with one thing, then leads to another, then leads to another.

Say semi-automatic rifles were banned. Will anti-gun folks stop? Of course not. Say their next five items were resolved the want they want it. Will they then stop? Of course not. And even if they do, the younger and more radical ones in their group will not be satisfied. Look at the various waves of feminists from decades past to present.

Seems a bit "screwed up"? If your hotel 20 miles out? And you don't have Ohio CC? But you get closer and now you open carry thru BLM OWS protest then surrender at some fence?

I say, all time, all thru events. Why be so difficult? Think some nut will get inside and start shooting? Seems "hypocritical" eh?

Any self-conscious person on any side of the political spectrum would know that activists groups slowly chisel away at the things they want to change.

It starts with one thing, then leads to another, then leads to another.

Say semi-automatic rifles were banned. Will anti-gun folks stop? Of course not. Say their next five items were resolved the want they want it. Will they then stop? Of course not. And even if they do, the younger and more radical ones in their group will not be satisfied. Look at the various waves of feminists from decades past to present.

yes....if they finally get the 8 million rifles banned....then the next Virginia Tech happens and the killer uses a pistol...they will go after military style pistols with detachable magazines.....and say that the second amendment never anticipated weapons of mass killing like magazine fed pistols......they will of course say 5 shot revolvers are fine.....until they aren't......

I don't expect a response from Clayton.

I normally carry a 6 inch jack knife with me everywhere.

I wonder if that would fall under "large knives"?

Nobody should go anywhere without their own 6 inch jack knife.

This fills the gap from 0 to 5 yards where a pistol will do you little good.

From 5 to 25 yards the pistol is great.

Beyond 25 yards you need a carbine though if you want any kind of accuracy.

And the further advantage of a carbine under 25 yards is that you get 2 inch precision out of your shots with it compared to about 5 inches with a pistol.

As far as open carry goes with all those people around, I hope they all keep their guns unloaded and their mags in their pouches.

Condition 4 -- gun not loaded -- is an good rule for crowds and in garrison. That is the military rule for being in garrison -- you unload the weapon and you put the mag back in its pouch.

Otherwise there is a good chance somebody is going to pop one off by accident in a crowd. There are too many morons everywhere to NOT have an accident someplace.

Reagan agreed back in 1967. Unfortunately since then the Calif Legislature has made even unloaded open carry illegal in this state. So this is the slippery slope towards Chinese Communism. (China, N.Korea, and Vietnam are about the only 3 countries left under Communism. It did not work for Russia and Eastern Europe obviously.)

Mulford Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the Golden State of California they (the DEMs) definitely do NOT support self defense however.

In your home ok.

In public not ok. In public you must let yourself become a victim of crime instead.

Forum List

Back