OPEC+ slashes oil production by 100K barrels per day as prices fall

I just explained it to you. Do you have a rebuttal?
You only voiced your political opinion, based on political point of view. You kind of skip, that these companies and countries are in business to make money as cost effectively as possible, not beholding to political entities.

I’m sure Biden can call the OPEC nations and ask them to keep the prices down and I am sure they will do so just like they did earlier this year.

The US has the highest production costs in the world.
I have my doubts on that. Especially when you factor in any "royalty", or taxes paid. In Saudia Arabia, the hydrocarbon industry is taxed between 50% to 85%.

But to the OP, OPEC is returning production back to August levels. They upped it 100,000 barrels in September. A one month increase, back to normal. But, GASP--it is a cut, a historic cut, first time in years. Damn that Brandon.

Now just to venture a guess here, but I bet we up domestic production by that much in October.

Wait, are you saying that Biden begging for more production wasn't an effective geo-political strategy? That was just another meaningless gesture to throw to the idiots.

IMO this admin loves higher oil prices and all the shit that flows downhill from it.
Trump was the one that threatened them to cut production by 9.7m barrels a day months before Biden took control...

That is 97 times this cut... Think about that... Biden has been trying to get rid of Trump's vandalism...

You only voiced your political opinion, based on political point of view. You kind of skip, that these companies and countries are in business to make money as cost effectively as possible, not beholding to political entities.
Of course they’re in business to make money. And if government drives up the cost of overhead the business charges accordingly for product. If people have need for the product in spite of increased cost then the business stands to increase profit.
Democrats stifle domestic fossil fuel supply so the consumer is hurt.

Trump was the one that threatened them to cut production by 9.7m barrels a day months before Biden took control...

That is 97 times this cut... Think about that... Biden has been trying to get rid of Trump's vandalism...
WTF are you talking about? Trump removed restrictions on domestic extraction. Prices stayed low and our economy was in its best shape in my lifetime as a result.

I have my doubts on that. Especially when you factor in any "royalty", or taxes paid. In Saudia Arabia, the hydrocarbon industry is taxed between 50% to 85%.

But to the OP, OPEC is returning production back to August levels. They upped it 100,000 barrels in September. A one month increase, back to normal. But, GASP--it is a cut, a historic cut, first time in years. Damn that Brandon.

Now just to venture a guess here, but I bet we up domestic production by that much in October.

Probably. But the US still has the highest production costs in the world. Most US wells produce less than 50 bpd so we have no economies of scale.

US production seems to be coming back. When Saudi Aramco was Aramco the revenue split was 50-50 just like it was everywhere else except Iran.

Where did you get the revenue numbers about "royalties"? Saudi Aramco invests most oil revenues in infrastructure, healthcare and education... So it goes back to the Saudi people.

Of course they’re in business to make money. And if government drives up the cost of overhead the business charges accordingly for product. If people have need for the product in spite of increased cost then the business stands to increase profit.
Democrats stifle domestic fossil fuel supply so the consumer is hurt.
If they have stifled the domestic fossil fuel supply, how has production which when Biden was sworn in was around 10,000 BBL/D (a level equal to 2017) risen to 11,118 in June of this year, about even with sometime in 2019?
I realize that most production is not and has not been from public lands, but more from privately owned, and if Biden has done something to slow down that private land drilling, I am not aware of it. It sounds as if you are just upset, he won't give big oil the Alaska Wildlife Refuge and wave environmental concerns.

If they have stifled the domestic fossil fuel supply, how has production which when Biden was sworn in was around 10,000 BBL/D (a level equal to 2017) risen to 11,118 in June of this year, about even with sometime in 2019?
I realize that most production is not and has not been from public lands, but more from privately owned, and if Biden has done something to slow down that private land drilling, I am not aware of it. It sounds as if you are just upset, he won't give big oil the Alaska Wildlife Refuge and wave environmental concerns.
Lowest amount of drilling going back to WW2. Yay Poopeypants!

The timing of this is interesting as they know prices are about to go up so they quickly cut oil to ensure it goes up even more. Seems to be the flip of the bird to the West.

On top of the price increase due to Nord 1 shutdown, this nightmare is about to get worse for all of us.

OPEC and its allied producers on Monday agreed to reduce oil production by 100,000 barrels per day amid concern regarding falling oil prices and lingering fears of a global recession.

Why it matters: The move reverses the group's decision last month to boost oil production for the month of September by 100,000 barrels per day.

• OPEC said in a press release Monday that, alongside its allies, it had agreed to "revert to the production level of August 2022...for the month of October."
The big picture: This is the group's first cut in oil production in more than a year and comes as crude oil prices have fallen 25% in the past three months, the Wall Street Journal reported.

• Saudi Arabia's energy minister warned last month that OPEC+ countries could cut oil production at any time, AP reported.
  • Members of the group are concerned that a successful revival of the 2015 Iran deal could see an influx of Iranian oil hit the market, though tensions between the U.S. and Iran have spiked in recent days, with the U.S. conducting a military flyover of the Middle East over the weekend.
  • Members are also concerned that a global recession, egged on by sky-high inflation, energy woes in Europe and economic slowdown in China spurred by the COVID-19 pandemic, could weaken oil demand, per the Journal.
Zero complaints from Texas or Alberta.

We get rich when OPEC plays games.

Lowest amount of drilling going back to WW2. Yay Poopeypants!

They have 6000 unused leases. The whole industry wants $100 a barrel.

Wait, are you saying that Biden begging for more production wasn't an effective geo-political strategy? That was just another meaningless gesture to throw to the idiots.

IMO this admin loves higher oil prices and all the shit that flows downhill from it.

All producers want the ppb to be $100.

Forum List

Back