Ontario woman finds needle in her spine 16 years after giving birth

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
No worries, the publicly run system will not be accountable. That's how Canada works. You are here as a subject of the State, you should be happy Canada even keeps you around silly fool.

Canada is the creepiest system in the West, stories like this just remind me just to what extent. Be it police, politicians, State Run media, or State Run "healthcare".

There is a reason we lose our best talent and our allies don't trust us...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/needle-spine-patient-hospital-1.5743567

When the pain in her shoulders and weakness in her right leg started two years ago, Giovanna Ippolito thought it was just part of getting older — that's until the 46-year-old's doctor ordered an X-ray that showed a five-centimetre long, broken needle embedded in her spine.

It was a medical error that took more than a decade to discover — after medical staff at the time failed to report it.

"When I saw it on the X-ray just protruding out like that … it made me sick to my stomach. It's scary to know that it's just sitting there in my spine," the Bolton, Ont., woman, said of seeing the X-ray in October 2018.

Exactly when the needle was left in Ippolito's spine is unclear, but she says she's only had something injected into her back twice — during the birth of her son in 2002 and her daughter in 2004.

She's now locked in a battle with the hospital for answers and accountability. But experts say, with a system that's stacked against Canadians harmed by medical errors, it's likely no one will have to take responsibility.

More than 132,000 patients experienced some kind of medical harm — something both preventable and serious enough to require treatment or a longer hospital stay — in 2018-19, according to the Canadian Institute for Health Information, a Crown corporation that collects information on the country's health systems.

No worries, the publicly run system will not be accountable. That's how Canada works. You are here as a subject of the State, you should be happy Canada even keeps you around silly fool.

Canada is the creepiest system in the West, stories like this just remind me just to what extent. Be it police, politicians, State Run media, or State Run "healthcare".

When the pain in her shoulders and weakness in her right leg started two years ago, Giovanna Ippolito thought it was just part of getting older — that's until the 46-year-old's doctor ordered an X-ray that showed a five-centimetre long, broken needle embedded in her spine.

It was a medical error that took more than a decade to discover — after medical staff at the time failed to report it.

"When I saw it on the X-ray just protruding out like that … it made me sick to my stomach. It's scary to know that it's just sitting there in my spine," the Bolton, Ont., woman, said of seeing the X-ray in October 2018.

Exactly when the needle was left in Ippolito's spine is unclear, but she says she's only had something injected into her back twice — during the birth of her son in 2002 and her daughter in 2004.

She's now locked in a battle with the hospital for answers and accountability. But experts say, with a system that's stacked against Canadians harmed by medical errors, it's likely no one will have to take responsibility.

More than 132,000 patients experienced some kind of medical harm — something both preventable and serious enough to require treatment or a longer hospital stay — in 2018-19, according to the Canadian Institute for Health Information, a Crown corporation that collects information on the country's health systems.

SPINAL ANESTHESIA-----like a spinal tap and done for some surgeries----A syringe filled with
an anesthetic is injected at about L3 - L4 ?
(memory) I had it for C-section. The matter
IMHO should have been addressed at the time

SPINAL ANESTHESIA-----like a spinal tap and done for some surgeries----A syringe filled with

It wasn't addressed because some some don't want to be held accountable. THAT is how a centralized system run by bloated, unaccountable government is about.

This is the system some want for you to have. Whether you want it or not, the full court press is on.

It wasn't addressed because some some don't want to be held accountable. THAT is how a centralized system run by bloated, unaccountable government is about.

This is the system some want for you to have. Whether you want it or not, the full court press is on.

oh gee----seems to me (I am not a surgeon) that the THING should have been surgically removed

Many doctors, lawyers and such generally do not want to be held accountable. That is basically universal and in general most people are that away.

Forum List

Back