Only Fascists Assail Free Speech

Fascists like yourself.

Oooo.....looks who's sensitive about being opposed to free speech!

And he comes up with a clever "so are you" post!

OK....now you can return to the 24-Hour All Cartoon Network.
I'm not opposed to free speech at all, mind asserting how I have expressed my opposition to free speech?

Well....let's see how you respond to this post:

Here is the sad result of Liberal domination of universities....

6. "Rutgers: There’s No Such Thing As ‘Free Speech’

A guide to preventing “bias incidents” published by Rutgers University warns students that the idea of “free speech” is a lie,Campus Reform reports.

“There is no such thing as ‘free’ speech. All speech has a cost and consequences,” opens the page dedicated to the school’s “Bias Prevention & Education Committee.”The page, maintained by the school’s office of student affairs, encourages students to “think before you speak” and also offers four other core suggestions to avoid the specter of bias incidents.

“Engage,” says one tip. “Join activities, programs, courses, and practices that promote diversity and social justice.”

“Bias Acts Are: Verbal, written, physical, psychological acts that threaten or harm a person or group on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, atypical heredity or cellular blood trait, military service or veteran status,” the description reads."
http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/23/rutgers-theres-no-such-thing-as-free-speech/#ixzz3jk0nDRIZ

So....better say the 'right things'...and think the 'right' thoughts.....or else!

BTW...21% of Rutgers' budget is via government funding.
Budget Facts and Figures

Fascists like yourself.

I'm not opposed to free speech at all, mind asserting how I have expressed my opposition to free speech?

A guide to preventing “bias incidents” published by Rutgers University warns students that the idea of “free speech” is a lie,Campus Reform reports.

“There is no such thing as ‘free’ speech. All speech has a cost and consequences,” opens the page dedicated to the school’s “Bias Prevention & Education Committee.”The page, maintained by the school’s office of student affairs, encourages students to “think before you speak” and also offers four other core suggestions to avoid the specter of bias incidents.

“Engage,” says one tip. “Join activities, programs, courses, and practices that promote diversity and social justice.”

“Bias Acts Are: Verbal, written, physical, psychological acts that threaten or harm a person or group on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, atypical heredity or cellular blood trait, military service or veteran status,” the description reads."
http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/23/rutgers-theres-no-such-thing-as-free-speech/#ixzz3jk0nDRIZ

So....better say the 'right things'...and think the 'right' thoughts.....or else!

Budget Facts and Figures
As expected, you randomly quote some random dribble.

Free speech in America is safe and sound from the far right overthrowing it.

Fascists like yourself.

Rutgers: There’s No Such Thing As ‘Free Speech’

Budget Facts and Figures
As expected, you randomly quote some random dribble.

Well, well, well.....as I predicted: afraid to confront fascism.

Kinda puts you in that camp,huh?

Pick one word to represent America.....you'd probably pick some iteration of "freedom."
The aspect of 'freedom' most often mentioned is freedom of speech.

Sadly, the stronger the Left's influence abounds, the less of that free speech is available.

1. "Americans were asked what they believed was the single most important freedom that citizens enjoy. The majority (47%) of people named freedom of speech as the most important freedom, followed by freedom of religion (10%); freedom of choice (7%); right to vote (5%); right to bear arms (5%); right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (3%), and freedom of the press (1%). Women were twice as likely as men to name freedom of religion as the most important freedom. Thirteen percent of women named freedom of religion, whereas only 6% of men did.

2. Asked to name the five specific freedoms in the First Amendment, 59% of Americans could name freedom of speech, followed by 24% who could name freedom of religion, 14% freedom of the press, 11% the right to assemble, and 4% the right to petition. Thirty-six percent of Americans cannot name any of the rights guaranteed by the First Amendment.

3. The majority of Americans believes that the First Amendment does not go too far in the rights it guarantees. The gap between those who believe it goes too far and not too far has generally increased over time; however, this year there was a significant increase in those who claimed that the First Amendment goes too far in protecting individual rights.

a. Higher percentages of young Americans tend to agree with the statement that the First Amendment goes too far in the rights that it guarantees. Forty-seven percent of 18-30-year-olds agree, while 44% of 31-45-year-olds, 24% of 46-60-year-olds and 23% of people over 60 agree that the First Amendment goes too far.

b. Additionally, African-Americans and Hispanics are more likely to say that the First Amendment goes too far in the rights it guarantees. Fifty-two percent of African-Americans and 50% of Hispanics agree, while only 29% of whites agree that the First Amendment goes too far.

4. Americans who identify as liberal or moderate are more likely than those who identify as conservative to agree that the news media attempt to report stories without bias. Fifty-one percent of liberals, 50% of moderates and 37% of conservatives support the statement."
http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/madison/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SOFA-2013-final-report.pdf

Where Liberalism is strongest, one is least likely to find free speech.

Since you are talking about the First Amendment, it might be wise to review the actual language: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The First Amendment applies to Congress (federal government) and is applicable to state governments through the Fourteenth Amendment. See Gitlow v. New York 268 U.S. 652 (1925):

"For present purposes we may and do assume that freedom of speech and of the press -- which are protected by the First Amendment from abridgment by Congress -- are among the fundamental personal rights and "liberties" protected by the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment from impairment by the States . . . It is a fundamental principle, long established, that the freedom of speech and of the press which is secured by the Constitution, does not confer an absolute right to speak or publish, without responsibility, whatever one may choose, or an unrestricted and unbridled license that gives immunity for every possible use of language and prevents the punishment of those who abuse this freedom."

The title of your thread is "Only Fascists Assail Free Speech". Your post sets forth 4 premises:

Briefly, your 4 premises are:
1) 47 percent of people [of 1006 people who responded to a telephone survey] identified "freedom of speech" as the most important freedom; 2) 59 percent of people [surveyed] could identify "freedom of speech" as a freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment; 3) The majority of the people [surveyed] believe the First Amendment does not go too far in protecting freedom; and 4) 51 percent of the "liberals" [surveyed, and without knowing how many of the 1006 people surveyed identified themselves as "liberal"], agreed with the statement, "the news media attempt to report stories without bias."

Based on these premises, you concluded: "Where Liberalism is strongest, one is least likely to find free speech."

We can cut to the chase:
Are you a supporter of free speech, or one who would rather leave the determination of what is allowed to be said...or thought...up to those elected officials, bureaucrats, and unelected judges?

I'm a moderate ... very much in the center and very much a supporter of our constitutional republic. You might consider some of my mainstream views as "liberal" if you are a far right-wing loony bird.

I'm not a fascist, so your attempt to bolster your invalid and unsound argument with a one-person survey is absurd.

The First Amendment applies only to government disparagements of "free speech" through our laws. If a particular law violates your "free speech", then the law should be struck down as unconstitutional on its face and/or as applied to your situation. The First Amendment, however, does not mean "freedom from criticism". I am not the government ... I am not a fascist ... and I have criticized your argument as invalid and unsound. That criticism is not against the law.

Ask NYcarbineer, he thinks "Smart people" should decide these things.The leftist mind, they feel more comfortable under totalitarian rule.:cuckoo:

Do you have any evidence (verifiable facts) to support that conclusion? Or are you just throwing about unsubstantiated insults at people you have branded as having a "leftist mind"?

PC is almost right: the fascists that want to limit speech in America are far right wing progressives that don't want any opposition from their opponents.

Some of the far left liberals who act that way take aim at religious expression.

I agree with your first statement. Based on my observations ... including postings on this board by people who identify themselves as "conservatives" ... the war on "political correctness" is waged by right-wing loony birds who demand the "freedom" to disseminate hate and to abuse the power of the government to feed their bigotry and to discriminate against minorities ... and to do so without criticism or challenge.

I'm not sure what you mean by your second statement, "Some of the far left liberals who act that way take aim at religious expression." Are you talking about their mere criticism of religious expression ... or did some "far left liberals" propose state or federal legislation that would outlaw or punish religious expression?

Pick one word to represent America.....you'd probably pick some iteration of "freedom."

Sadly, the stronger the Left's influence abounds, the less of that free speech is available.

1. "Americans were asked what they believed was the single most important freedom that citizens enjoy. The majority (47%) of people named freedom of speech as the most important freedom, followed by freedom of religion (10%); freedom of choice (7%); right to vote (5%); right to bear arms (5%); right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (3%), and freedom of the press (1%). Women were twice as likely as men to name freedom of religion as the most important freedom. Thirteen percent of women named freedom of religion, whereas only 6% of men did.

2. Asked to name the five specific freedoms in the First Amendment, 59% of Americans could name freedom of speech, followed by 24% who could name freedom of religion, 14% freedom of the press, 11% the right to assemble, and 4% the right to petition. Thirty-six percent of Americans cannot name any of the rights guaranteed by the First Amendment.

3. The majority of Americans believes that the First Amendment does not go too far in the rights it guarantees. The gap between those who believe it goes too far and not too far has generally increased over time; however, this year there was a significant increase in those who claimed that the First Amendment goes too far in protecting individual rights.

a. Higher percentages of young Americans tend to agree with the statement that the First Amendment goes too far in the rights that it guarantees. Forty-seven percent of 18-30-year-olds agree, while 44% of 31-45-year-olds, 24% of 46-60-year-olds and 23% of people over 60 agree that the First Amendment goes too far.

b. Additionally, African-Americans and Hispanics are more likely to say that the First Amendment goes too far in the rights it guarantees. Fifty-two percent of African-Americans and 50% of Hispanics agree, while only 29% of whites agree that the First Amendment goes too far.

4. Americans who identify as liberal or moderate are more likely than those who identify as conservative to agree that the news media attempt to report stories without bias. Fifty-one percent of liberals, 50% of moderates and 37% of conservatives support the statement."
http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/madison/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SOFA-2013-final-report.pdf

Since you are talking about the First Amendment, it might be wise to review the actual language: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The First Amendment applies to Congress (federal government) and is applicable to state governments through the Fourteenth Amendment. See Gitlow v. New York 268 U.S. 652 (1925):

"For present purposes we may and do assume that freedom of speech and of the press -- which are protected by the First Amendment from abridgment by Congress -- are among the fundamental personal rights and "liberties" protected by the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment from impairment by the States . . . It is a fundamental principle, long established, that the freedom of speech and of the press which is secured by the Constitution, does not confer an absolute right to speak or publish, without responsibility, whatever one may choose, or an unrestricted and unbridled license that gives immunity for every possible use of language and prevents the punishment of those who abuse this freedom."

The title of your thread is "Only Fascists Assail Free Speech". Your post sets forth 4 premises:

1) 47 percent of people [of 1006 people who responded to a telephone survey] identified "freedom of speech" as the most important freedom; 2) 59 percent of people [surveyed] could identify "freedom of speech" as a freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment; 3) The majority of the people [surveyed] believe the First Amendment does not go too far in protecting freedom; and 4) 51 percent of the "liberals" [surveyed, and without knowing how many of the 1006 people surveyed identified themselves as "liberal"], agreed with the statement, "the news media attempt to report stories without bias."

Based on these premises, you concluded: "Where Liberalism is strongest, one is least likely to find free speech."

We can cut to the chase:
Are you a supporter of free speech, or one who would rather leave the determination of what is allowed to be said...or thought...up to those elected officials, bureaucrats, and unelected judges?

I'm a moderate ... very much in the center and very much a supporter of our constitutional republic. You might consider some of my mainstream views as "liberal" if you are a far right-wing loony bird.

I'm not a fascist, so your attempt to bolster your invalid and unsound argument with a one-person survey is absurd.

The First Amendment applies only to government disparagements of "free speech" through our laws. If a particular law violates your "free speech", then the law should be struck down as unconstitutional on its face and/or as applied to your situation. The First Amendment, however, does not mean "freedom from criticism". I am not the government ... I am not a fascist ... and I have criticized your argument as invalid and unsound. That criticism is not against the law.

We can cut to the chase:

Well....let's direct post #21 to you.....

The guy with the 42 IQ failed .....let's see how you do.

PC is failing right through the thread.

She has failed to define American Nazi left and has failed to defend against right wing Christian crazies trying to stop free speech.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
Winston Churchill

".... young Americans tend to agree with the statement that the First Amendment goes too far..."

What are the characteristics which identify the nexus of the two quotes above?
Answer: youth and inexperience.

The young, sadly, can be convinced of so very many things that simply are not so. And that is where Liberals excel.
So it is with their captives, in university.

There is stark proof that the Left's control of universities, and the media, the dissemination of information, has destroyed what made America the beacon to the world, freedom.

One can gauge it via the term "free speech zone."

One in six of America's four hundred top colleges has a "free speech zone."

5. "... a legal challenge to an unconstitutional free speech zone policy at the University of Cincinnati (UC) that limited all “demonstrations, pickets, and rallies” to a “Free Speech Area” comprising just 0.1% of the university’s 137-acre West Campus. The policy further required all activity in the free speech zone to be registered ten working days in advance, threatening that “[a]nyone violating this policy may be charged with trespassing.”
University of Cincinnati: Speech Code Litigation - FIRE

Shouldn't all of America be a "free speech zone"????

A note that documents which view....Liberal or conservative....represents the real America:

a. A conservative group sued and won..".. In a major victory for student rights, a federal district court issued a final ruling today prohibiting the University of Cincinnati (UC) from reinstating its tiny “free speech zone.” In today’sorder, United States District Judge Timothy S. Black issued apermanent injunctionagainst UC’s unconstitutional system of speech restriction." Federal Court Delivers Final Blow to U. of Cincinnati 'Free Speech Zone' - FIRE

We would all benefit if there were more brave 'conservative groups' in the universities.

"We would all benefit if there were more brave 'Conservative groups' in the Universities" Never a truer statement since this quote is completely false:
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
Winston Churchill http://www.winstonchurchill.org/resources/quotations/quotes-falsely-attributed

The Left.....Liberals/Progressives/Democrats....start early in the indoctrination via loss of free speech and free thought....

.... one example of the Left attempting to stamp out speech that does not agree with their worldview:

When a student at a public school applied to form a pro-life club....she was denied same.

The reason given: " Public schools are “different” when it comes to First Amendment rights to speak and assemble.
So saith the owners of the education industry.....the Liberals.

7. "Angelique Clark, a sophomore at West Career & Technical Academy, researched the procedure for having a campus club approved. She obtained the requisite 25 signatures and found a faculty member willing to be an adviser for WCTA Students For Life. She submitted the paperwork in December 2014 and was informed verbally of the rejection in February.

Breitbart reports that Clark then researched students’ rights regarding the matter, and sent a letter to West Career & Technical Academy Vice Principal Yee:

Later that month, Angelique met with Yee and her adviser, who reportedly informed her of the following reasons for the denial of her club.

The name was not inclusive enough–it would make people on campus with the opposite view feel left out and look bad for the school in the media

Regardless of the name, simply having a club that picks a side on the topic of abortion was not inclusive enough.

Permitting a pro-life club would cause negative media coverage of the school for “supporting” the pro-life movement.

There are “far more qualified” people who know more about abortion than a sophomore in high school.

The topic of abortion is controversial.

Public schools are “different” when it comes to First Amendment rights to speak and assemble."
Las Vegas High School Administrators Say Free Speech Doesn't Apply to This Pro-Life Student Group

Public schools, i.e., government schools, one would imagine, support the United States Constitution.
Seems not to be the case.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. - See more at: First Amendment - U.S. Constitution - FindLaw

Entirely backwards of course. Talk it up kiddos, it's your right that liberals here granted you...

Of course the thread proves you to be both a liar and a Liberal....oh, wait....that may be redundant.
When you have something real to say let us all know. In the meantime read up:

"Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[1][2] The former principle is stressed in classical liberalism while the latter is more evident in social liberalism.[3] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas and programs such as freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free markets, civil rights, democratic societies, secular governments, and international cooperation.[4][5][6][7][8][9][10]"
Liberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. - See more at: First Amendment - U.S. Constitution - FindLaw
Tell us, in your own words, are there any valid restriction on Free Speech?

PC is almost right: the fascists that want to limit speech in America are far right wing progressives that don't want any opposition from their opponents.

Some of the far left liberals who act that way take aim at religious expression.

They do? post an example . It's the leftist who shut people down and try to personally destroy them, because they don't agree with their views. Leftist Judge tries to shut down the group exposing Planned Parenthood's slaughter of babies. A CEO loses his job because he supported traditional marriage were you been fake?

Jroc:

Anti-discrimination laws serve a legitimate public purpose. If a business owner violates an anti-discrimination law, then the business owner can be penalized. If you're talking about victims seeking to hold lawbreakers accountable for their unlawful CONDUCT, why do you take the side of the lawbreaker?

No one is preventing a business owner from exercising First Amendment Rights, but the First Amendment does not guarantee that people can do whatever they want under the guise of "freedom of speech" or "freedom of religion". For instance, the owners of Elane Photography, Sweetcakes by Melissa, et al. still had the freedom to post signs in their businesses or notices on her website that they do not approve of same-sex marriages, but they would nevertheless comply with anti-discrimination laws. They might gain some business from right-wing loony birds who share the same views, and they might lose business from people who disagree with their views. The First Amendment does not protect people from all the possible consequences of their speech.

Similarly, there are numerous laws that make the purveyors of false statements accountable to their victims. For instance, defamation is a civil wrong. Any person who has a valid claim for defamation may petition our courts for redress of grievances. Our courts exist for the purpose of peaceful resolution of disputes among persons (and "persons" include legal entities). In a court case, Planned Parenthood alleged that another entity infiltrated its organization under false pretenses, made unauthorized videos over the course of several years, and then edited those videos to portray Planned Parenthood in a false light (among other things). You might not like the fact that Planned Parenthood has the same right that you have to access our courts for the resolution of disputes, and you might not approve of abortion, but that doesn't make the judge who is responsible for applying the law to the facts a "leftist judge".

You fail to understand that the First Amendment does not protect people (e.g., a CEO) from criticism or adverse consequences. If the CEO's public statements about a controversial subject causes harm to the employer, the employer is not constrained by the First Amendment to terminate the CEO's employment.

We can cut to the chase:
It's clear you didn't bother to read her post, spinning around and enjoying your own ignorance is typical of one like yourself. Almost all people in this country support free speech, people like yourself are creating a problem to attack those you disagree with. But then again, you worship one of the most retarded women to ever grace this earth.

OK....I don't want you to feel left out:

We can cut to the chase:

Unelected judges have decided that child pornography is not protected by the 1st Amendment

Tell us, in your own words, are there any valid restriction on Free Speech?

In her own words?

Please...

Forum List

Back