Once Again, Disney-Don't say gay-and the manipulation of the Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadoalex

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2021
Let us try this again.
And
To whichever MLOD who blended this thread with some thread about Desantis getting hurt by his stupidity in an attempt to hide this. Please don't
This is not about DuhDumbAss except peripherally.
It is about pointing out to those being manipulated, the obvious manipulation.

Think back a few months.
Say, October 2021.
Check the news and opinions.
"saying gay" in the classroom wasn't even on the horizon.
Yes, the hate was there. The anger was there. But ...

Then some hater in the Florida House decides to pursue his personal hate through legislating that hate into law.
Desantis, always the opportunist, always the King of Pander, decided this was a great opportunity to gin up the "base" ahead of the elections.
So, in his pandering ways, he not only decided to support the bill...
But to criminalize those who oppose it by calling them "groomers"
Of course, the haters, and you know who you are, found this a great line to use against those who recognize this bill for what it is.

Then Disney saw the light.
Disney, whose employee based includes thousands of LGBTQ+ people decided to speak out against the bill.
So now, in the minds of the haters, Disney is the home to all perversion.
DISNEY FOR GOD's SAKE!
Disney must be destroyed for speaking its mind.
I thought you types said corporations are "people" and have their free speech rights.
BUT
Apparently in MAGA land the only "free speech" is their own.

Obviously, the MAGA Hater Crowd will never admit to being played by Desantis.
Obviously, the MAGA Hater Crowd loves this because it institutionalizes their hate much as the laws preventing interracial marriage, White's only, and opposing same sex marriage institutionalized their hate.

But, why are you, the MAGA crowd, not angry over being played this way?
This law will be tossed by the courts.
And you will accuse the courts of being "groomers."
Desantis plans on repealing this Reedy Creek dissolution in the next session but, what if Disney says "No thanks!"
WE (disney) just dumped a billion in debt and 300 non-revenue creating employees over an issue that will be tossed by the courts.
Enjoy the doubling of property tax rates in Orange/Osceeola counties.
Enjoy the collapse of the real estate market in Florida when the property taxes go from $2500/yr to $5k-$6k-10k to cover those costs.

Oh, and if Disney decides to move?
Enjoy that 15% unemployment rate and your brand spanking new income tax.

Perhaps if the MAGA crowd could think 2 inches beyond their hate they'd see all this for what is is.

Some on here may call me a leftie, but I am not. I can't stand the left and its aims. I'm a conservative through and through.

I do NOT believe Disney should be messed with, because it is clearly political. Disney is doing weird shit, but as a private company, they are allowed to.

The Don't say gay bill does not exist. It is the Parental Rights in Education bill. All it does, is let parents have a say in what their child learns, and it prevents sexual orientation teaching until the fourth grade. Kids in third grade don't need to learn about fairy tales such as they/them pronouns unless they're taking a fucking grammar class. Besides that, it's just plain weird. No one is being threatened. No one is being fired. No one is stopping teachers from sharing their personal lives.

Some on here may call me a leftie, but I am not. I can't stand the left and its aims. I'm a conservative through and through.

I do NOT believe Disney should be messed with, because it is clearly political. Disney is doing weird shit, but as a private company, they are allowed to.

The Don't say gay bill does not exist. It is the Parental Rights in Education bill. All it does, is let parents have a say in what their child learns, and it prevents sexual orientation teaching until the fourth grade. Kids in third grade don't need to learn about fairy tales such as they/them pronouns unless they're taking a fucking grammar class. Besides that, it's just plain weird. No one is being threatened. No one is being fired. No one is stopping teachers from sharing their personal lives.
The state schools have no business going beyond the fundamentals of biological reproduction in the first place! The law doesn't go far enough.

Let us try this again.
And
To whichever MLOD who blended this thread with some thread about Desantis getting hurt by his stupidity in an attempt to hide this. Please don't
This is not about DuhDumbAss except peripherally.
It is about pointing out to those being manipulated, the obvious manipulation.

Think back a few months.
Say, October 2021.
Check the news and opinions.
"saying gay" in the classroom wasn't even on the horizon.
Yes, the hate was there. The anger was there. But ...

Then some hater in the Florida House decides to pursue his personal hate through legislating that hate into law.
Desantis, always the opportunist, always the King of Pander, decided this was a great opportunity to gin up the "base" ahead of the elections.
So, in his pandering ways, he not only decided to support the bill...
But to criminalize those who oppose it by calling them "groomers"
Of course, the haters, and you know who you are, found this a great line to use against those who recognize this bill for what it is.

Then Disney saw the light.
Disney, whose employee based includes thousands of LGBTQ+ people decided to speak out against the bill.
So now, in the minds of the haters, Disney is the home to all perversion.
DISNEY FOR GOD's SAKE!
Disney must be destroyed for speaking its mind.
I thought you types said corporations are "people" and have their free speech rights.
BUT
Apparently in MAGA land the only "free speech" is their own.

Obviously, the MAGA Hater Crowd will never admit to being played by Desantis.
Obviously, the MAGA Hater Crowd loves this because it institutionalizes their hate much as the laws preventing interracial marriage, White's only, and opposing same sex marriage institutionalized their hate.

But, why are you, the MAGA crowd, not angry over being played this way?
This law will be tossed by the courts.
And you will accuse the courts of being "groomers."
Desantis plans on repealing this Reedy Creek dissolution in the next session but, what if Disney says "No thanks!"
WE (disney) just dumped a billion in debt and 300 non-revenue creating employees over an issue that will be tossed by the courts.
Enjoy the doubling of property tax rates in Orange/Osceeola counties.
Enjoy the collapse of the real estate market in Florida when the property taxes go from $2500/yr to $5k-$6k-10k to cover those costs.

Oh, and if Disney decides to move?
Enjoy that 15% unemployment rate and your brand spanking new income tax.

Perhaps if the MAGA crowd could think 2 inches beyond their hate they'd see all this for what is is.
You confuse "hate" with the righteous and honest insistence of parents intent on keeping that perverse unholy deviant gay crap away from innocent children.

That sort of lawmaking needs to be done in 49 other states... many of whom are now likely to follow Florida's lead...

And... with any luck... we'll see Federal legislation along those same lines, just as soon as the Republicans take control of government again...

With a 6-3 SCOTUS they just might pull it off... :cool:

when they were given powers such as they were they are political and not just a simple private company,, and when they decided to take that politics outside their grounds they are fair game and deserved to loose what they had,,

As a stock holder I object to Disney's non-traditional initiative that alienates many "traditional values" families.
The job of DIS is to make money for its share holders, NOT to wade into the LGBTQ quagmire.
DIS needs to get back to what brought them success, wholesome entertainment for all ages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back