On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs

so therefore you are implying this has to do with the military and only the military.

Edit: and when I need you to tell me where to put threads I'll make you a mod.
and I was just talking to you as another poster not as admin, of course YOU had to bring it up.:eusa_eh:

Incorrect again. You were telling me where to put a thread. Don't worry about where mine are. Worry about you put yours.

Conversely, too many of those who are sheepdogs are portrayed as wolves by blind sheep.

Gunny, your sheepdog is the product of your over inflated ego...a fictional character that serves as a self righteous excuse for violence...

We are all capable of violence. but few that perpetrate violence are capable of empathy, love and compassion...

It's not a new story...

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.
Plato

Abraham Lincoln said it best: "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Project much? Your assertion is nothing short of ridiculous and obviously, the message went right over your head. Seems to be going around in this thread.

No one needs an excuse for violence to DEFEND. Obviously you have a hard time with differentiating between defenders and perpetrators. Neither the excerpt nor I have in any way condoned perpetrating violence.

Defending oneself and others AGAINST violence does not lead to tyranny ... it leads to breathing. :cuckoo:

Try getting the RIGHT words for your own mouth before presuming to put the wrong words in mine.

My point Gunny...the "sheepdog" that also has empathy, love and compassion is an anomaly...

The world didn't change one iota on 911...America did...

War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today.
John F. Kennedy

Gunny, your sheepdog is the product of your over inflated ego...a fictional character that serves as a self righteous excuse for violence...

We are all capable of violence. but few that perpetrate violence are capable of empathy, love and compassion...

It's not a new story...

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.
Plato

Abraham Lincoln said it best: "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Project much? Your assertion is nothing short of ridiculous and obviously, the message went right over your head. Seems to be going around in this thread.

No one needs an excuse for violence to DEFEND. Obviously you have a hard time with differentiating between defenders and perpetrators. Neither the excerpt nor I have in any way condoned perpetrating violence.

Defending oneself and others AGAINST violence does not lead to tyranny ... it leads to breathing. :cuckoo:

Try getting the RIGHT words for your own mouth before presuming to put the wrong words in mine.

My point Gunny...the "sheepdog" that also has empathy, love and compassion is an anomaly...

War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today.
John F. Kennedy

It has nothing to do wit it.

It's not a new story...

Plato

John F. Kennedy

You are in denial. Preservation, self preservation, sense of Justice, are either in You or have been beaten out of You already. It transcends language and culture, and is easily recognized and appreciated. Why You need to drag it through the toilet is beyond Me?

Gunny, too many of those who portray themselves as sheepdogs are simply wolves in sheep clothing...

Conversely, too many of those who are sheepdogs are portrayed as wolves by blind sheep.

It's not a new story...

Plato

No, we are not all capable of violence. And quite a few who perpetrate violence are more than capable of empathy, love and compassion.

Exhibit A - The American Soldier

tn_NotonMyWatch.jpg

I love the fact he posted this in the military section and not in say general discussion, one could think Gunny was implying something.

I'm implying nothing. I think the reason is obvious.

because you can only be a sheepdog if you are in the military?
Yeah! I got that part.

Cops are sheepdogs. Fire fighters are sheepdogs.

One does not need a weapon to be a sheepdog.

It's not a new story...

Plato

John F. Kennedy

You know nothing of sheepdogs.

Edit: and when I need you to tell me where to put threads I'll make you a mod.
and I was just talking to you as another poster not as admin, of course YOU had to bring it up.:eusa_eh:

Incorrect again. You were telling me where to put a thread. Don't worry about where mine are. Worry about you put yours.
no, actually I asked you why you didn't put in general discussion, I didn't tell you to. ;)

I've met LTC Grossman. One intense individual.

His book "On Killing" should be required reading for everyone in the military and/or law enforcement.

I had a copy years ago, mate of mine pinched it off me, if he wasn't a martial artist excelling in the use of swords I would have killed him for pinching it.

Seriously.

I didn't know politicians fire the weapons, drop bombs, and control the drones.

They declare the war. What are you, 12? Never mind, that was an insult to 12-year-olds.

What power would the politicians have if they didn't have the tools to accomplish their goals?

Shelley: War is the statesman's game, the priest's delight, the lawyer's jest, the hired assassin's trade.

They declare the war. What are you, 12? Never mind, that was an insult to 12-year-olds.

What power would the politicians have if they didn't have the tools to accomplish their goals?

Shelley: War is the statesman's game, the priest's delight, the lawyer's jest, the hired assassin's trade.

The Tyrants dread, The Dictators fear.
Why can't We just control Every aspect of the Sheeple's life and just be loved????????? LOL!!!! Why must We be Questioned?????? LOL!!!

I had a Border Collie once. I took him to the Navaho Reservation once, He was a Natural with the sheep and goats. Ironic, the sheep dogs lived off of the dung. When the time came to leave, He stayed.

The Tyrants dread, The Dictators fear.
Why can't We just control Every aspect of the Sheeple's life and just be loved????????? LOL!!!! Why must We be Questioned?????? LOL!!!

I had a Border Collie once. I took him to the Navaho Reservation once, He was a Natural with the sheep and goats. Ironic, the sheep dogs lived off of the dung. When the time came to leave, He stayed.

The problem with the metaphor, extended yet again in your post, is that it privileges one type of citizen over another.

Forum List

Back