on Memorial day, real NYT headline: "Why Does the Military Celebrate White Supremacy? Let's rename bases for American heroes, not racist traitors"

American Blacks and Liberals will never hold Africans and Muslims accountable for their slavery legacy and continuing slavery. For some reason, it feels better to beat the crap out of US for our brief legacy with slavery and never provides accolades to US for evolving and abolishing slavery.

Again, wasn't the Muslims who were responsible for 400 years of slavery and racial discrimination... that's all on us white folks.
Muslims make a good scapegoat though. That way the claim can be made that it was all innocent fun and everyone did it.

American Blacks and Liberals will never hold Africans and Muslims accountable for their slavery legacy and continuing slavery. For some reason, it feels better to beat the crap out of US for our brief legacy with slavery and never provides accolades to US for evolving and abolishing slavery.

Again, wasn't the Muslims who were responsible for 400 years of slavery and racial discrimination... that's all on us white folks.
wow ! you are one wimpy piece of coward guilt ridden shit ! as for me i have no guilt or feel no responsibility for the crime of slavery committed by democrats like you [you said us white folks] ! however since you feel so responsible for slavery give half of your money saved or earned to blacks ...if thats to much give one quater of your earnings ..... soooo how much are you going to give in restitution every month you evil racist oppressive slave master white bastard !

Seriously? Are you that blind to the lack of tolerance among Muslims towards non-Muslims? Are you that vested into blame whites first and forever?

I know a few Muslims. None of them have ever treated me badly.

Our problem with that part of the world are our policies, not their religion.

Phooey. First Forrest was a brilliant Calvary Commander. Truthfully most of the most respected officers of the era were on the Confederate side. It became a war of attrition and the Confederates were doomed.

He was a racist piece of shit. Full Stop. Praising him for his Calvary tactics is like praising Hitler for the Autobahn.

Nobody’s hands are clean. Nobody was the good guy. Nobody. The Enlightened Yankees who denounced slavery made fortunes trading slaves for molasses and then making rum to trade for slaves. And lots of profit all along the way. Were they any less responsible than the people who bought the slaves?

Um, yeah, they kind of were. The people who owned the slaves engaged in systematic torture and rape of the slaves to keep them in line.

The sad truth was that even if the Civil War was never fought Slavery was going to end. The machine age was on the horizon and the main use was as farm labor. The Confederate states would have almost certainly failed within fifty years. They would have had to jumpstart the Industrial Age and the expense would have crippled the economies.

The problem is that even when the machine age came, they continued to treat blacks like shit in the south. Why do you think they put up all those Confederate flags and monuments in the 1900's? It was to remind them of their place.

This is why we need to rename these bases. There are a lot of people who've distinguished themselves in the years since who are more deserving to have bases and streets named after them.

wow ! you are one wimpy piece of coward guilt ridden shit ! as for me i have no guilt or feel no responsibility for the crime of slavery committed by democrats like you [you said us white folks] ! however since you feel so responsible for slavery give half of your money saved or earned to blacks ...if thats to much give one quater of your earnings ..... soooo how much are you going to give in restitution every month you evil racist oppressive slave master white bastard !

I'm not guilt ridden, just pragmatic. Yes, we all are responsible for slavery and racism, and it's all of our jobs to fix it.

Renaming these bases would be a good start.

Seriously? Are you that blind to the lack of tolerance among Muslims towards non-Muslims? Are you that vested into blame whites first and forever?

I know a few Muslims. None of them have ever treated me badly.

Our problem with that part of the world are our policies, not their religion.

Phooey. First Forrest was a brilliant Calvary Commander. Truthfully most of the most respected officers of the era were on the Confederate side. It became a war of attrition and the Confederates were doomed.

He was a racist piece of shit. Full Stop. Praising him for his Calvary tactics is like praising Hitler for the Autobahn.

Nobody’s hands are clean. Nobody was the good guy. Nobody. The Enlightened Yankees who denounced slavery made fortunes trading slaves for molasses and then making rum to trade for slaves. And lots of profit all along the way. Were they any less responsible than the people who bought the slaves?

Um, yeah, they kind of were. The people who owned the slaves engaged in systematic torture and rape of the slaves to keep them in line.

The sad truth was that even if the Civil War was never fought Slavery was going to end. The machine age was on the horizon and the main use was as farm labor. The Confederate states would have almost certainly failed within fifty years. They would have had to jumpstart the Industrial Age and the expense would have crippled the economies.

The problem is that even when the machine age came, they continued to treat blacks like shit in the south. Why do you think they put up all those Confederate flags and monuments in the 1900's? It was to remind them of their place.

This is why we need to rename these bases. There are a lot of people who've distinguished themselves in the years since who are more deserving to have bases and streets named after them.

Praising Forrest for his Calvary Tactics that are still taught today to officers and enlisted, is dealing with history truthfully.

And they did not just treat Blacks like shit in the South. Everything that was happening in the South, was happening in the North.

This by the way was AFTER the courts had desegregated the South. Those racists bastards in the South. Apparently a lot of them relocated to Boston, Detroit, Chicago, and many other areas far from the South.

Blacks were treated like shit everywhere. Before we can fix something, we have to be honest.

Even during the Civil War, the Union treated the Blacks as bad as the Southern states.

Sherman’s march to the sea. A war crime even of the era. Do you denounce him for drowning Blacks in a creek? I thought the North loved the Blacks?

Seriously, set aside your bias for a minute, and deal with the truth. And the truth is that the North hated the Blacks about as much as the South did.

Even Harvard University was taking a risk letting in Mulatto’s. Or Black Descended. Full Blacks were of course, not welcome.

Isn’t it interesting that the history of the Black is the same in the North and South? The KKK was in the South, sure. The northern states would never have tolerated such nonsense.

I was fortunate. I got to live in many different states growing up. I learned the history of each area, my Dad was big on it. But the truth is, that everyone has treated the Black’s badly in history, and continue to do so today. It was the 21st Century where New York was shaking down Black‘s on the street and pretending it was Random. New York City. Bastion of Liberal idealism. Far from the backwoods rednecks of the South.

It wasn’t some cracker sheriff in Alabama who said this was what they needed to do to keep the crime rate low. It was the Chief of Police in New York City, with the Mayor of New York City in full agreement.

My friend. The history is what it is. We can learn from it, study it truthfully, and honestly, and gain. Or we can do what you believe we should. Edit it, mutilate it. Cut out the parts that we disagree with, and just insert a blanket statement. The South is where the Racists lived. We Northerners were far more enlightened. Only it won’t be true.

Oh, I was born in Michigan. I’ve lived in six states before I joined the Army. And in my entire life, I have never had a moment that I was not taught to call Black adults Mr. or Mrs, or Miss. I called them Sir or Ma’am because my Father insisted we treat adults with respect, all adults. My Mother would not tolerate any disrespect towards any adult. Period. On that subject my parents were in complete agreement.

My Father used to encourage my love of reading and history by giving me books. Books which told the truth about History. Because my Father knew that we were trying to rewrite the history to reduce the shame of others, who should not feel shame. You didn’t do anything in Boston during the Busing Riots. Chances are that unless you’re going for the oldest person record, you were not even involved. But we have to pretend that segregation and separate but equal were only practiced in the South. That way we can continue claiming that the Racists only live there, and the Yankees are the good people.

I'm not guilt ridden, just pragmatic. Yes, we all are responsible for slavery and racism, and it's all of our jobs to fix it.

Renaming these bases would be a good start.

And if we rename the bases buildings, and streets. Will Racism and Slavery disappear from History?

Praising Forrest for his Calvary Tactics that are still taught today to officers and enlisted, is dealing with history truthfully.

And they did not just treat Blacks like shit in the South. Everything that was happening in the South, was happening in the North.

Uh, no, we didn't have Jim Crow in the North.

No one but military history buffs really care about his Calvary charges. The fact that he FOUNDED THE FUCKING KLAN is kind of a bigger deal.

Since no one is going to do a calvary charge any time soon, kind of more important to hold him to account for his evils.

And if we rename the bases buildings, and streets. Will Racism and Slavery disappear from History?

No, but it would be put in the proper context.

These were not men we should honor or respect.

Just like we can't undo the holocaust, but damn, we aren't going to put up any statues of Hitler or name any streets after him.

This by the way was AFTER the courts had desegregated the South. Those racists bastards in the South. Apparently a lot of them relocated to Boston, Detroit, Chicago, and many other areas far from the South.

Blacks were treated like shit everywhere. Before we can fix something, we have to be honest.

Even during the Civil War, the Union treated the Blacks as bad as the Southern states.

Ahh.. is this going to be your whole fucking post? A bunch of "Noble Cause" apologism, and how those black folks were happy picking cotton.

You didn’t do anything in Boston during the Busing Riots. Chances are that unless you’re going for the oldest person record, you were not even involved.

I am old enough to remember busing, and that black parents were as much against it as white parents were.

You do get that there was a HUGE difference between some violence where a few people were killed in a riot (and the perps were arrested) and Jim Crow, which resulted in THOUSANDS of black men being lynched with no legal consequences.

Now, look I know that Cleetus and Billy-Bob done need to believe that Great Grandpa Beauregard was fighting for a noble cause. But he wasn't.

Tear down the statues, rename the places, and make sure nobody walks away from a Civil War History book thinking the South were the good guys.

25May20 is African Liberation Day.

thousands of blacks are still enslaved by other blacks ! Black People Are Still Slaves. Why Haven't You Heard About Them?
Those are Arabs you retard. Cant you read?
blacks also profit from the lave trade ! and who do you think is selling them to the arabs ?Africa is again the world’s epicenter of modern-day slavery

Silly ass white boy. You never seem to know what you're talking about. Stop trying to change the subject. This is about white americans and their responsibility for their racism and slavery. Stop trying to blame Arabs because you are a racist.

How is it racist to call out groups that continue to practice slavery??

thousands of blacks are still enslaved by other blacks ! Black People Are Still Slaves. Why Haven't You Heard About Them?
blacks also profit from the lave trade ! and who do you think is selling them to the arabs ?Africa is again the world’s epicenter of modern-day slavery

Silly ass white boy. You never seem to know what you're talking about. Stop trying to change the subject. This is about white americans and their responsibility for their racism and slavery. Stop trying to blame Arabs because you are a racist.

Who told you it was racist to call out groups that continue to practice slavery?

We need our gun
Rights back and it’s not shot people it’s to confront ppl the right way and make sure you go home for doing the right thing.. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Who told you it was racist to call out groups that continue to practice slavery?

You.... when I called out Muslim and African Nations and Cultures for continuing to practice slavery. You call me a “silly ass white boy”.... I ain’t that white. I am of Mediterranean descent married to a Mexican.

You.... when I called out Muslim and African Nations and Cultures for continuing to practice slavery. You call me a “silly ass white boy”.... I ain’t that white. I am of Mediterranean descent married to a Mexican.
Calling you a silly ass white boy because you said something stupid doesnt come close to saying youre a racist because you blame Arabs for slavery. What kind of retard are you?

Being married to a Mexican or Black doesnt make you less white.

Now is that the day we created welfare?
Welfare was created for white people which is why there are more whites on welfare to this very day.
That doesn’t answer my question

Now is that the day we created welfare?
Welfare was created for white people which is why there are more whites on welfare to this very day.
That doesn’t answer my question
It was a stupid question so you wont get an answer.

Forum List

Back