On guns: "Do the right thing!"

Did you not read what I wrote?

YOU HAVE THE VOTE. It means you get a say in the laws of the country. It means when kids get shot up in your country but not in someone else's country, that you had a hand in that.
LAWS don't stop shootings, dumbass.

Neither do elected morons.

Not my fault you can't get your head around simple things. You want all the replies to be nice and simple, packaged in a way you can understand them. As if life is so simple, as if the solutions to every problem is a simple thing that can be understood in three seconds by a 6 year old.

It's not. But if you don't want to have an adult conversation..... then we won't have a conversation at all.

Bye.
Wow...if that isn't clinical projection...

I never said the solutions are easy, but YOU said one of the problems was that we keep electing Rs or Ds. So, this part is simple. Who would you vote for that would move toward solving this problem? And why?

The price of being intractable about anything concerning guns is a classroom full of kids every now and then. It's a price the gun lobby and the right is quite comfortable with. Your hopes and prayers are insulting.
Lying butcher.

why do we have a higher murder rate than other developed nations?
Because filthy murdering politicians constantly release violent criminals from prison, or don't arrest them at all.

Wow...if that isn't clinical projection...

I never said the solutions are easy, but YOU said one of the problems was that we keep electing Rs or Ds. So, this part is simple. Who would you vote for that would move toward solving this problem? And why?

The solution isn't simple. The solution is changing the way people vote. In order to change the way people vote you have to change the Constitution. To change the Constitution you need to get those two parties that benefit from the current system to change to another system that won't benefit them.

Beyond that, the reason why Proportional Representation works better is:

1) There's more oversight. More political parties to watch out for the corruption. Democrats don't get much pointing out Republican corruption because the Republicans will then point out Democrat corruption. A "you scratch my back" scenario.

2) It's easier to change political parties.

In the UK in the early 1990s this anti-EU political party called UKIP was founded. UKIP is kind of further right, more right than the Tory Party (equivalent of the Republicans). The UK has FPTP just like the USA.

In Germany in 2013 an anti-EU, further right political party called AfD was founded. Germany has PR.

In 2015 UKIP gained 12.6% of the vote in the UK General Election (pre-Brexit). They gained one seat out of 650 seats.

In 2017 the AfD gained 12.6% of the vote in the German Federal Election.

The difference here is that with PR every party can be viable in a short space of time. In the UK lots of people wanted to vote UKIP, and lots did. But because UKIP needed to win more votes than anyone else in a small space, they couldn't.

In fact they had 3.8 million votes to the Lib Dems 2.4 million votes, and the Lib Dems won 8 seats because they have certain areas where they're a viable party.

With PR if people don't like a certain party's policies, they'll vote someone else, which forces the main parties to make sure their policies are in line with what the people want.

In the US the two main parties tell people what they want. They stand on HUGE platforms and people get to decide which is least worst.

UKIP stood on one issue. People will vote on one issue. You can't do that in the US.

If you look at a list of least corrupt countries, they mostly vote Proportional Representation, except Singapore, which is more or less a democratic dictatorship anyway.

If you want an issue like gun control to be SENSIBLE, then you need political parties that are sensible. You get this with PR, because they know if they're not sensible they could easily lose all their seats at the next election. In the US the Dems or Reps could stand on a platform of mating giant bees with cows and they'd know no third party would stand a chance even then.

The solution isn't simple. The solution is changing the way people vote. In order to change the way people vote you have to change the Constitution. To change the Constitution you need to get those two parties that benefit from the current system to change to another system that won't benefit them.

Beyond that, the reason why Proportional Representation works better is:

1) There's more oversight. More political parties to watch out for the corruption. Democrats don't get much pointing out Republican corruption because the Republicans will then point out Democrat corruption. A "you scratch my back" scenario.

2) It's easier to change political parties.

In the UK in the early 1990s this anti-EU political party called UKIP was founded. UKIP is kind of further right, more right than the Tory Party (equivalent of the Republicans). The UK has FPTP just like the USA.

In Germany in 2013 an anti-EU, further right political party called AfD was founded. Germany has PR.

In 2015 UKIP gained 12.6% of the vote in the UK General Election (pre-Brexit). They gained one seat out of 650 seats.

In 2017 the AfD gained 12.6% of the vote in the German Federal Election.

The difference here is that with PR every party can be viable in a short space of time. In the UK lots of people wanted to vote UKIP, and lots did. But because UKIP needed to win more votes than anyone else in a small space, they couldn't.

In fact they had 3.8 million votes to the Lib Dems 2.4 million votes, and the Lib Dems won 8 seats because they have certain areas where they're a viable party.

With PR if people don't like a certain party's policies, they'll vote someone else, which forces the main parties to make sure their policies are in line with what the people want.

In the US the two main parties tell people what they want. They stand on HUGE platforms and people get to decide which is least worst.

UKIP stood on one issue. People will vote on one issue. You can't do that in the US.

If you look at a list of least corrupt countries, they mostly vote Proportional Representation, except Singapore, which is more or less a democratic dictatorship anyway.

If you want an issue like gun control to be SENSIBLE, then you need political parties that are sensible. You get this with PR, because they know if they're not sensible they could easily lose all their seats at the next election. In the US the Dems or Reps could stand on a platform of mating giant bees with cows and they'd know no third party would stand a chance even then.
You’d need a constitutional convention to do that. I order to get one, you need two-thirds of state legislatures (34 states) call for one.

I‘d suggest you get busy, and not on an anonymous message board either.

But, since you are doing everything to not answer what candidates you think would change things to your liking, I have to conclude you are wasting my, and your time.

The guns, they are specifically the reason we are not yet slaves to psychopaths such as Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, the Clinton's, Obama's, Gates, Fauci ect ect ect....
Spoken like a well trained NRA parrot and you earned your daily cracker for that little piece of stupid. How many evil Democrats have you gunned down, cowboy?

You’d need a constitutional convention to do that. I order to get one, you need two-thirds of state legislatures (34 states) call for one.

I‘d suggest you get busy, and not on an anonymous message board either.

But, since you are doing everything to not answer what candidates you think would change things to your liking, I have to conclude you are wasting my, and your time.

Yeah, I guess wanting a better political system is a waste of time because most people like being treated like slaves.

Oh please…That must be why millions are flocking to our Southern border for Biden’s welcome mat…dumbass.
Poor people all over the world are trying to get into more prosperous countries and they`ve been doing it for centuries. If Biden`s letting in millions, why is my local pizza shop closed 2 days a week due to a lack of employees? I don`t care who makes my pizza. Adding tacos to their menu would be great.

Poor people all over the world are trying to get into more prosperous countries and they`ve been doing it for centuries. If Biden`s letting in millions, why is my local pizza shop closed 2 days a week due to a lack of employees? I don`t care who makes my pizza. Adding tacos to their menu would be great.
About your pizza place, who knows? Increased prices, bad management, shortage of supplies?

Or, it could just be that the millianiels that used to work those kinds of places are too ficking lazy to work for a living...

And yes, we are more prosperous because there is more freedom, and opportunity Herr than anywhere else on earth.

Forum List

Back