Olympics Discovers You Go Broke When You Go Woke

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
People have had it with the Leftist crap.

When you turn on the TV to escape the day to day grind only to see close ups of masks and a finger wagging lecture, you turn it off again.

According to Nielsen, the opening ceremony in Tokyo drew 16.7 million viewers on NBC on July 23, accounting for both the live morning broadcast and the replay in prime time — the smallest audience for an opening ceremony in the past 33 years. It was down from 26.5 million who watched the event in Rio de Janeiro in 2016 and 40.7 million people who watched London’s ceremony.

Through the first four nights of the Games, according to Sportico, viewership of NBCUniversal’s Olympics coverage, across its networks, is down 43 percent compared with Rio de Janeiro, to 17.5 million viewers from 30.7 million. Primetime coverage on the NBC is down nearly 50 percent.

Thats pretty much across the board for anything considered "cancel culture" or "woke" associated. I'm always seeing comments online about how many tv shows are down 50% or more in ratings because of this crap. Televised sports is becoming a thing of the past apparently from what I've been reading. Less and less and less people watching them every month.

I've notice more and more older tv shows that are available online, are becoming more popular. Seems people are going back to when tv shows weren't all governed, written, and directed by political butt-lickers.

Thats pretty much across the board for anything considered "cancel culture" or "woke" associated. I'm always seeing comments online about how many tv shows are down 50% or more in ratings because of this crap. Televised sports is becoming a thing of the past apparently from what I've been reading. Less and less and less people watching them every month.

I've notice more and more older tv shows that are available online, are becoming more popular. Seems people are going back to when tv shows weren't all governed, written, and directed by political butt-lickers.
My old lady has been watching the Waltons a lot lately.

I think people just decided that there are two Americas. If people feel they are supporting those on the "other side", they simply won't tune in to watch.

Add the stresses of the pandemic, people cutting their cable cords (due to less money, since their job has been shipped to China), focusing more on the internet, and being less competitive/patriotic/into sports. The Olympics is going to be a bad bet going forward.

It’s sad, I’ve always liked the Olympics. You get watch obscure sports you normally never see. Many of these athletes won’t be making big money.

These Olympics are depressing, with the empty stands, and a few Woke idiots on Team USA. The Chinese aren’t playing around they are owning it.

It’s sad, I’ve always liked the Olympics. You get watch obscure sports you normally never see. Many of these athletes won’t be making big money.

These Olympics are depressing, with the empty stands, and a few Woke idiots on Team USA. The Chinese aren’t playing around they are owning it.
Sports used to be a getaway, now it’s a Leftard seminary cult filled with pushing mental illness as normal.

People have had it with the Leftist crap.

When you turn on the TV to escape the day to day grind only to see close ups of masks and a finger wagging lecture, you turn it off again.

According to Nielsen, the opening ceremony in Tokyo drew 16.7 million viewers on NBC on July 23, accounting for both the live morning broadcast and the replay in prime time — the smallest audience for an opening ceremony in the past 33 years. It was down from 26.5 million who watched the event in Rio de Janeiro in 2016 and 40.7 million people who watched London’s ceremony.

Through the first four nights of the Games, according to Sportico, viewership of NBCUniversal’s Olympics coverage, across its networks, is down 43 percent compared with Rio de Janeiro, to 17.5 million viewers from 30.7 million. Primetime coverage on the NBC is down nearly 50 percent.
Haven't watched a minute of it so far. Seems very politicized. No thanks. Plus, baseball is still going on. :113:

So what? Isn't like leftists will ever make the connection that it is their wokeness causing this, and even if they MADE the connection, they'd rather lose 40 million viewers and keep the woke.

They'll just blame the lost viewers all on Trump Supporters.

Forum List

Back