Olympics ratings in the dumper

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Ratings for sporting events in general have been declining. SJW's have ruined sports for a good deal of the population.

1627312850253.png

Olympic Ratings Fall Sharply: NBC Says 17 Million Watched Opening Ceremony In U.S.​

Around 17 million Americans tuned into the opening ceremony for the Tokyo Olympics on Friday, according to NBC, a steep dropoff from previous Olympic Games openers, as live TV programs face an across-the-board dip in viewership this year. NBC’s 17 million figure includes both television and online streaming audiences, and it factors in two different airings of the spectator-free spectacle: a live broadcast early Friday morning and a primetime rebroadcast more than 12 hours later.

I watched some swimming the other day. Phelps did a good job describing the action. Impressive.

Now that I don't have cable and work nights...the viewing options are limited.

In all honesty this probably has a lot to do with no good streaming options to watch.
Many millions of Americans don't have cable anymore. We stream.
Roku channel has highlites and replays but not live.
Peacock has much more high lights and replays and only some things live.
Fubo and Hulu+ have it live, but most streamers don't buy that.

Sure. Nothing about the athletes making a majority of Americans NOT feel a sense of national pride has anything to do with ratings...at all.
Very few watch the medal ceremony anyway

As much as NBC has tried, they have not generated much star power.
Simone Byles will only get you so far

I think ratings always suck when the olympics falls in one of those host countries that is in a radically different time zone than the US because there is so much that people cannot watch live as a practical matter as they are at work or school or whatever.

In all honesty this probably has a lot to do with no good streaming options to watch.
Many millions of Americans don't have cable anymore. We stream.
Roku channel has highlites and replays but not live.
Peacock has much more high lights and replays and only some things live.
Fubo and Hulu+ have it live, but most streamers don't buy that.
Plus, streaming does not count towards network ratings

Forum List

Back